Forget Cain vs Bones... who takes JDS vs Bones?

MagnusGOAT

Make America Great Britain again.
@Black
Reaction score
I honestly think Jones's style suits a fight with Valasquez better...I think JDS poses more problems to Jones, I can see JDS catching Bones with his left hook or overhand right and putting him away.

Jones without question. Said it after the miocic fight. Jones beats him cleanly. Maybe not a ko but he is better than Jds

JDS dont like pressure and jones would be in his face and make him into a zombie within 2 rounds or he could knock him out with a standing elbow against the cage.

JDS is too predictable for Jones.

JDS dont like pressure and jones would be in his face and make him into a zombie within 2 rounds or he could knock him out with a standing elbow against the cage.

JDS is too predictable for Jones.

Jones could knock JDS out with an elbow? You're messing right? I love Jon's technique but that dude doesn't have the power to put a HW out with a punch/arm strike.

Actually I believe JDS would posses much more threat to Jone than Cain

Jones could knock JDS out with an elbow? You're messing right? I love Jon's technique but that dude doesn't have the power to put a HW out with a punch/arm strike.

Jones has nasty elbows and if he pins JDS against the cage when he is in zombie mode he could get him.

Jon+Jones+Beats+Up+Glover+Teixeira+UFC+172.gif

Jones in HW would have been put on serious mass and would be alot powerful then he is now.

Jones. He's better everywhere and the only advantage JDS has is power. His supposed great boxing looked terrible against Stipe.

With the way JDS looked in his last fight I'll lean to a 240+ pound Jones controlling him on cage. No one thought he would be strong enough or have the technique to do that to DC, now picture a 240+ pound Jones doing that.

Jones. He's better everywhere and the only advantage JDS has is power. His supposed great boxing looked terrible against Stipe.

His defensive boxing is awful I'll admit to that

With the way JDS looked in his last fight I'll lean to a 240+ pound Jones controlling him on cage. No one thought he would be strong enough or have the technique to do that to DC, now picture a 240+ pound Jones doing that.

I'd rather not see Jones at that size. I feel a lot of his greatest assets and diversity come from his speed and agility for a guy his size.

I think JDS would get beat up against the cage, he may be able to defend TDs and land some shots here and there, but the JDS that fought Stipe looked pretty terrible tbh and I think would get mauled just as bad as vs Cain or worse. JDS from before might be an interesting match up because he has the speed, TDD and wasn't hesitant to throw.

Jones has nasty elbows and if he pins JDS against the cage when he is in zombie mode he could get him.

Jones in HW would have been put on serious mass and would be alot powerful then he is now.

No he wouldn't. gaining mass doesn't suddenly turn you into a Tyson level power striker or someone with freak strength. Mir was already a prime example of that.

Jones has average power.we are never going to see him KO someone.

Last edited:
It's hard for me to say this ... JDS just doesn't look as good as he once did. Bones beats him by decision.

Jones and he wouldn't even need a single takedown. He can out strike him. Jones would even out strike Anderson Silva at this point. He is in a zone never before seen in mma history.

Jones at HW would also see him lose much of his speed and more suspect to gassing sooner in a fight. Much easier to pin guys against the cage that you are much bigger against as opposed to HW's that are the same size.

JDS would get stopped in his current form. He gets hit so much and cannot handle pressure.Once he tired he'd get taken down and just beat up.

He'd have a chance, if he landed one of his sick uppercuts in the clinch, but it's been about three years since we've seen him do things like that. JDS just isn't the guy he was a few years ago sadly.

Back