For the people complaining about Okami being boring...

FlyThai**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ask yourself this, what did Belcher do from the bottom?

Stall.

It's not Okami's job to make life easier for Belcher

I like Okami but that was fairly boring. Would love to see Okami go for more submissions or use elbows better. It's like he's not trying to hurt his opponent lol.

What did Okami do from top? Get position and stall. They're both equally to blame in my opinion. Belcher shouldn't expect okami to just let him stand, Okami should at least try to ground and pound or submit from top. Getting mount and still doing nothing... not cool

haters are obviously belcher's fans!
even the ref is

that was a good grappling clinic, that's how real street fight 1-1 goes

1. That was a grappling clinic by Okami.
2. He got knocked out in a fight he was well on his way to winning against Boestch. That happens to you, you're gonna be cautious.

Okami was gaming. He stalled, smothered and never tried to finish until the last minute of the fight. That fact has nothing to do with Belcher performing very poorly.

What did Okami do from top? Get position and stall. They're both equally to blame in my opinion. Belcher shouldn't expect okami to just let him stand, Okami should at least try to ground and pound or submit from top. Getting mount and still doing nothing... not cool

Ref gave Belcher several bullshit stand ups. Did he do anything with them? No. Did he capitalize when he knocked Okami down early in the third? No. Belcher had opportunities. Okami exploited his weaknesses and won.

Or belcher could have created some scrambles, go for sweeps, or subs. Anything!

Why does Okami has to hold Belchers hand and play nice?

Belcher stalling from the bottom doesn't excuse Okami's nonexistent effort from the top, but I still hear you.

It was a disgraceful performance. Everyone knows smothering someone is easier than fighting.
but "fighting" is kind of in the name of the org.

the fight was boring. I was mad that Belcher did not capitalize on anything

Not a fan of either
Definitely not a fan now. Neither did anything.
Waste of my money.

I wanted Belcher to win.

However, I disagree with those who get mad when a wrestler/grappler (Okami) imposes his style/will on the opponent and then people get mad because they think he should have done more, perhaps be more aggressive with a submission or attempted TKO. Keep in mind that the person on the bottom, being Layed and Prayed on, may get up at anytime, they just lack the ability because of the superior control of the wrestler (which is their strength). If there is something wrong with this (controlling an opponent on the ground), then the rules need to be changed in MMA. If these are the rules and they use it to their advantage, given their respective style, then don't get mad at them, get mad at the rules of MMA.

Or belcher could have created some scrambles, go for sweeps, or subs. Anything!

Why does Okami has to hold Belchers hand and play nice?

I clearly said the opposite. Its Belcher's responsibility to scramble and look for subs. It's Okami's to look for ground and pound and subs. Neither did their job and it resulted in a very boring fight. Belcher deserves just as much of the blame if not more for being unable to do anything to stop Okami but getting full mount multiple times and doing nothing with it should be unacceptable. 0 sub attempts from Okami...no real ground and pound to speak of. They both made it boring

I wanted Belcher to win.

However, I disagree with those who get mad when a wrestler/grappler (Okami) imposes his style/will on the opponent and then people get mad because they think he should have done more, perhaps be more aggressive with a submission or attempted TKO. If there is something wrong with this, then the rules need to be changed in MMA. If these are the rules and they use it to their advantage, given their respective style, then don't get mad at them, get mad at the rules of MMA.

I agree
And I mad
But whatever
Some cards it's worth the money others are just a waste

If the person on he bottom isn't doing anything then the person on top should open up more

Back