For the people complaining about Okami being boring...

lmao im not...i think okami is boring as shit tho. and i was never sold by belcher or even care that he posts here.
I'm surprised okami is still in the UFC. What has he ever done to garner such respect and admiration? In all the fights I've seen of him, I have never once been impressed with his striking or heart. He always fights as if it is an exhibition training session. Silva dismantled every aspect of his mystique, and thoroughly put a beating on him. Yet, people still believe he is a contender?? gtfo

Belcher, Ken Flo, Choking, Okami, Maynard...make a sentence out of that.

I'm surprised okami is still in the UFC. What has he ever done to garner such respect and admiration? In all the fights I've seen of him, I have never once been impressed with his striking or heart. He always fights as if it is an exhibition training session. Silva dismantled every aspect of his mystique, and thoroughly put a beating on him. Yet, people still believe he is a contender?? gtfo

They really should have kicked him many many many years ago. The guy should go fight amateur wrestling or have a blast at Naga.

Or belcher could have created some scrambles, go for sweeps, or subs. Anything!

Why does Okami has to hold Belchers hand and play nice?

I much prefer Okami getting dominated by a superior grappler, like what Sonnen did to him......Okami to me is, and always has been the most overrated fighter in the UFC......makes Ben Askren look like Evil Kenievel in risk taking......

At least try to go fo a sub, or throw a damn punch.....Im like Bas rutten on this, if you take someboduy down, and do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with it, stand them up......when it's obvious he has no intrest in creating any offense, much less trying to finish.

Okami = GSP.

White French Canadian
>>>>
Japanese

Hey, here's a question for you guys. You're Yushin Okami. You can win and make thousands of dollars more, or you can lose and make thousands of dollars less but have more Sherdog fans. What are ya gonna choose?????

Hey, here's a question for you guys. You're Yushin Okami. You can win and make thousands of dollars more, or you can lose and make thousands of dollars less but have more Sherdog fans. What are ya gonna choose?????

You'll make more money in the long run being a real fighter. You'll get bonuses and you'll get more leeway if you lose a couple in a row.
Unless youre an expert smotherer and can string the wins together. Just better not fuck up twice in a row.

You'll make more money in the long run being a real fighter. You'll get bonuses and you'll get more leeway if you lose a couple in a row.
Unless youre an expert smotherer and can string the wins together. Just better not fuck up twice in a row.

You saw what happened to him against Boestch, right, losing a fight he was dominating. Of course he's going to play it safe after that. This is his career.

Exactly. Okami has more wins but I'll bet J-Lau has made more money

Or option 3...You can still win, you don't have to go out like Melvin Guillard on on 3 Red Bulls, but maybe throw a punch or 2........Hell, he might would even win an of the nioght award, so he could make himself some more money....Not marketable in the least, except to dorks who think it's cool to like fighters everybody hates.....

I saw Okami make little attempt to inflict damage, that's the problem. It's a sport were you're supposed to win by fighting, not just neutralizing. That was what I hated about this fight and others like it.

My point is this: if you don't like it, lobby to change the Unified Rules, or start watching kickboxing. Blaming Okami is stupid. He's working within the system. He didn't create it.

You saw what happened to him against Boestch, right, losing a fight he was dominating. Of course he's going to play it safe after that. This is his career.

Look at all the money he's lost out on since what, 2005 or '06? when did he come to the UFC? Couldn't get a title shot forever, even though he had a pretty good streak, all because he stalls, holds, plods forward, jabs, plods, grabs, holds, lays, prays.......

WIll have to watch on Facebook if you wanna see Okami fight again.....

No way. He fought in a title fight, which means he got a cut of the gate.

That's one fight and Yushin isn't getting any special bonuses out of Dana. Joe gets one just about every time he's in the octagon plus God knows how many under the table bonuses. Tonight Okami gets a win bonus Joe could get that and a fight of the night and under the table bonus for saving the card. His fighting style earns him fans and cash. Okami's does the opposite

My point is this: if you don't like it, lobby to change the Unified Rules, or start watching kickboxing. Blaming Okami is stupid. He's working within the system. He didn't create it.

So because people don't want to see a grown man lay on top of another while holding him, not throwing a sing;le punch or attempting to do ANYTHING, we should go watch kickboxing? GOtcha......no, I think most people just enjpy watching guys who actually "fight".

Hell, I thought people would've tried to stop soundin cool by "liking" him after sonnen took his soul.
I hear ya bro. Like another intelligent poster said, cut him and let him go chase medals at NAGA. One poster defends okami, saying he is not at fault because he is merely playing within the rules created by someone else. That is such ass backwards mentality. Okami has neither the heart or killer instinct to become any sort of threat to the top 5 in his class.

Back