For the people complaining about Okami being boring...

1341375503756.png

Its true that it takes two guys to make an exciting fight. Its much easier to stay active on top though

I dislike any fighter whose intention is to make a fight boring by lay n pray or wall n stall. This is what Okami, Fitch, Lentz, etc do. This is what is killing MMA. Sure the other guy is at fault for falling prey to such a game plan, but I blame the instigator more because they are the ones who pursue it. They are the ones who attempt to be boring.

Yelling about Okami directs anger at one guy. Suppose Okami got cut. Well guess what? A new guy who uses his strategy would rise up. If you want to fix the problem you have, you have to fix the rules. Blaming Okami or Fitch personally is shortsighted and not productive.

Yelling about Okami directs anger at one guy. Suppose Okami got cut. Well guess what? A new guy who uses his strategy would rise up. If you want to fix the problem you have, you have to fix the rules. Blaming Okami or Fitch personally is shortsighted and not productive.

It's entertainment, not politics. Some day maybe wrestling won't be so dominate whether it be the fighters evolving or the rules...but just as much as you feel we can stop complaining about it, you could stop complaining about the complaints.

Never watched it but it sounds like this fight could have been rated "G"

Never watched it but it sounds like this fight could have been rated "G"

If you like watching two men cuddle, one protectively holding the other from the top, you may have enjoyed it. If you are a fight fan, then there was in no way anything entertaining about it at all. Oh except when Belcher caught him once and dropped him to his knee.....

To Yushin's credit, he usually shows impressive ground and pound. He did against Swick, Singer, Boetsch, Linhares, THE Buddy Roberts, as well as others. Belcher's a good fighter, and Yushin was looking at losing 3 of 4 if he lost tonight.

I know, but i was talking about only this fight, it was pretty pathetic to watch, get side control and dont throw a single strike, get mount and don't throw a single strike, get multiple takedowns and not do much with them in terms of striking or sub attempts, after that it makes you kind of angry because you are a fighter and i expect you to fight.

more times then not, its the guy on bottom thats stalling. also the guy on bottom is trying to reverse position/buck off and the guy on top is trying to maintain position. = stalemate.

its really simple. its reeeeallly simple.

Back