Football fans are now making the same mistake that MMA/UFC fans always make

Significantly. Tom's only famous in America, Gisele is an international supermodel worth half a billion dollars.
I bet you could walk a random street in your city and never find a person who knows who that chick is.

I bet you could walk a random street in your city and never find a person who knows who that chick is.

Maybe not the dude bros you keep company with, anyone who follows fashion knows who she is.

Gridiron football is non-existent outside the U.S., non-Americans don't know who Tom Brady is.

Damn. Yeah I get that. I remember getting into football (association) 2 years after my dad’s team Manchester United started to fall off. It felt like I missed out on the golden age
<Lmaoo>
Oh you did miss out mate, it was a glorious time and it’s a bit shit now tbh. Could always be worse, we’re not Burnley. Fingers crossed for us all the recent changes at the top make a difference and we start being competitive again. Welcome to the misery and ecstasy of being a United fan :)

It's a bit premature, but based on his trajectory he's the realest challenger already.

If you don't follow football all you need to know for the sake of my argument is that Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs are going back to the Superbowl.

What does this have to do with MMA you ask?

Well it turns out that football fans are currently making the same mistake that MMA fans have been making for far too long. They are crowning Mahomes as the goat after only 7 seasons and 2 super bowls. Meanwhile Tom Brady (the real goat) has 7 Superbowls to his name and every passing record that matters. So the hell is Mahomes the goat? Well MMA fans do this all the time, where a fighter is currently doing great and they rush to crown him the new goat without letting his career play out. They did it with Max Holloway when he beat Aldo but then Holloway got beat by Volk and now they're calling Volk the goat. They did it with Izzy saying he was the goat at 185 but then he got beat by AP and Strickland and didn't come close to matching Anderson's title streak. Why are football fans and MMA fans such prisoners of the moment?

Here's an idea: how about we just let athlete's careers play out before we crown them goat? You never know how things could change in an instance. Mahomes could never win another Superbowl again and Volk might lose his title to Topuria and go on a bad losing streak. And Izzy looks like he's done. How many times must we learn the lesson to not make hasty judgment about someone's greatness when it's early in the game?
It's more to do with Dana constantly crowning the new shiny thing as the best ever, while simultaneously shitting on the old guard due to promotion and greed. Casuals might fall for it but most hardcore's know better.

He’s had the best O line in the NFL each SB appearance. The NFL literally rigs the games for him which they legally are allowed to do since NFL is classified as entertainment

His O line is spectacular, shit you gotta have something. That damn defense shows up every playoffs too, Chris Jones is super under-rated imo, he has a hand in there post season success as well, but seriously, have you been watching this guy? He is next level at the quarterback position. Conspiracies aside( which have alot of merit to them honestly) Patrick is a phenom at his craft and will go down top 5 right now as we speak, and beyond when it's all said and done. Don't be a fool my friend.

Significantly. Tom's only famous in America, Gisele is an international supermodel worth half a billion dollars.
It's actually closer than I thought, but I still think Brady is more famous and has a name with much more longevity. Her money is more from being an entrepreneur and being active on social media.

If you don't follow football all you need to know for the sake of my argument is that Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs are going back to the Superbowl.

Well it turns out that football fans are currently making the same mistake that MMA fans have been making for far too long. They are crowning Mahomes as the goat after only 7 seasons and 2 super bowls. Meanwhile Tom Brady (the real goat) has 7 Superbowls to his name and every passing record that matters. So the hell is Mahomes the goat? Well MMA fans do this all the time, where a fighter is currently doing great and they rush to crown him the new goat without letting his career play out. They did it with Max Holloway when he beat Aldo but then Holloway got beat by Volk and now they're calling Volk the goat. They did it with Izzy saying he was the goat at 185 but then he got beat by AP and Strickland and didn't come close to matching Anderson's title streak. Why are football fans and MMA fans such prisoners of the moment?

Here's an idea: how about we just let athlete's careers play out before we crown them goat? You never know how things could change in an instance. Mahomes could never win another Superbowl again and Volk might lose his title to Topuria and go on a bad losing streak. And Izzy looks like he's done. How many times must we learn the lesson to not make hasty judgment about someone's greatness when it's early in the game?
literally no one has said Mahomes is better than Brady. The real issue is the term GOAT being used too liberally. This is about a lesson in English and slang, not sports.

It's actually closer than I thought, but I still think Brady is more famous and has a name with much more longevity. Her money is more from being an entrepreneur and being active on social media.

You can argue he's more popular in the U.S. Worldwide Gisele is more famous than him and has double his wealth. He married up.

To be fair the rugby codes are much tougher (and produce more MMA fighters by far) but it's still tough, requires a lot more cardio than rugby though
It's the sucker-puncing at top speed that gets me about AF...

Part 3 of a 90 minute video of dudes in vests knocking eachother unconscious... Glorious... The B+W clips are the most brutal, followed by the era when everyone had a moustache...

Some of these dudes should be in jail ffs...

No one besides absolute casuals call those guys the GOAT...

You can argue he's more popular in the U.S. Worldwide Gisele is more famous than him and has double his wealth. He married up.
Actually they are probably similar. A lot of places don't care for football, but many don't care for models either.

Who cares about ass touchers. Sport is more rigged then wwe. Now that swift is part of one team or she desided to adopt a team now nfl think gen z will get back into sport lol if they watch nfl.thry will conferm their belief sport is boring

Literally bobody calls Mahomes the GOAT over Tom Brady yet. Thanks for the strawman OP.

They might say Mahomes is more physically talented than Brady was, but there are hundreds of NFL quarterbacks that are/were more talented than Brady was. Brady was drafted in the 6th round for a reason. Aaron Rodgers was vastly more talented than Brady was, but Brady is still the GOAT.

Last edited:

Lol brady on the world last year he was everywhere leaching on some world even from wimbledon to something else and always got reaction who.is he

Back