Football fans are now making the same mistake that MMA/UFC fans always make

In hockey there is no new GOAT conversation because no one came close to Wayne Gretzky. It's pretty much settled

Brady had longevity by a mile, was among the very best at his peak, and managed to stay really good until the end. He's the GOAT, but not by nearly as much as seven rings makes some people think unless you consider longevity of his type as an actual skill rather than mostly luck.

For the stage of his career that Mahomes is in, he is the runaway GOAT; first six seasons of play in a career, he laps the field and laps it again. His stats are as absurd as his video. He's a better passer, scrambler, sack avoider, and game manager than anyone we've ever seen through six seasons of play, with a playoff record that roughly matches Brady's.

I don't think anyone really claims that Mahomes has the GOAT QB career, but he clearly has the GOAT first third of a full-length QB career.

It's the sucker-puncing at top speed that gets me about AF...

Part 3 of a 90 minute video of dudes in vests knocking eachother unconscious... Glorious... The B+W clips are the most brutal, followed by the era when everyone had a moustache...

Some of these dudes should be in jail ffs...

Shit was wild in the 80s man, even more so in our local comps, brutal.

Check out this from an exhibition (ha ha) match in London in the 80s, this one was infamous

Maybe not the dude bros you keep company with, anyone who follows fashion knows who she is.

Gridiron football is non-existent outside the U.S., non-Americans don't know who Tom Brady is.
And i wouldn't expect them too cos I'm not a fucking idiot. Anyone who follows fashion lolol so fucking 99.9 women who don't watch sports all? I changed my mind you could ask 5 million people in a row and no one would know who this worthless b**** is.

Great thread, there is so much truth in your thread. Agreed totally. Everyone is the new ''p4p greatest fighter ever'' these days, its beyond hyperbole at this point.

Mma wise the worst one Ive seen was claims of Woodley being ww goat. Dunno where all that came from.
MMA community was falling in and out of love with the idea Woodley was GOAT.

If you don't follow football all you need to know for the sake of my argument is that Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs are going back to the Superbowl.

What does this have to do with MMA you ask?

Well it turns out that football fans are currently making the same mistake that MMA fans have been making for far too long. They are crowning Mahomes as the goat after only 7 seasons and 2 super bowls. Meanwhile Tom Brady (the real goat) has 7 Superbowls to his name and every passing record that matters. So the hell is Mahomes the goat? Well MMA fans do this all the time, where a fighter is currently doing great and they rush to crown him the new goat without letting his career play out. They did it with Max Holloway when he beat Aldo but then Holloway got beat by Volk and now they're calling Volk the goat. They did it with Izzy saying he was the goat at 185 but then he got beat by AP and Strickland and didn't come close to matching Anderson's title streak. Why are football fans and MMA fans such prisoners of the moment?

Here's an idea: how about we just let athlete's careers play out before we crown them goat? You never know how things could change in an instance. Mahomes could never win another Superbowl again and Volk might lose his title to Topuria and go on a bad losing streak. And Izzy looks like he's done. How many times must we learn the lesson to not make hasty judgment about someone's greatness when it's early in the game?
Yes we should always take our time in how we determine who the goats are. Its usually rushed and then as their career progresses people change their minds. Its best to decide after they have completed their careers. Sometimes they are right though, with Gsp and Silva you could see they had goat talent during their title fights.

That’s not football, that’s eggball throwing nonsense where they take a rest every 10 seconds. It’s a sport for women

Real football happens in Europe

Back