• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Footage captures the interaction between Fury and Wilder after the fight-Wilder now responds

I don’t really care what other sports do, this is boxing. Very rare in boxing for fighters not to show some kind of respect after the bout unless there’s cheating or a bad decision involved.

Can’t believe people are still trying to make excuses for Wilder in and out of the ring. I don’t think he’s evil, he just has issues that make him difficult to like. People need to accept that, instead of trying to justify his behavior.
Meh I just think it's an interesting aspect of fight sports that such a devastating outcome can happen and most guys tend to be cool about it for the most part, even if they're confronted w/ a tough situation to be a "good guy" in just seconds after their careers seem ruined.

That said, Deontay has showed he's been a sore loser in the past and he was one after this loss as well. I'm glad he at least released a statement showing some type of respect after the L he took tho, unlike the disaster that was the second Fury fight. He has nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to blame on anyone else either. We'll see if he sticks to this rhetoric or not and for how long.

Meh I just think it's an interesting aspect of fight sports that such a devastating outcome can happen and most guys tend to be cool about it for the most part, even if they're confronted w/ a tough situation to be a "good guy" in just seconds after their careers seem ruined.

That said, Deontay has showed he's been a sore loser in the past and he was one after this loss as well. I'm glad he at least released a statement showing some type of respect after the L he took tho, unlike the disaster that was the second Fury fight. He has nothing to be ashamed of and nothing to blame on anyone else either. We'll see if he sticks to this rhetoric or not and for how long.

Fair enough.

My speculation is simply based on watching many fights which I’m sure you have done as well. I think combat sports differentiates itself because whatever frustrations there are, are usually burned out in the ring, since other sports don’t let you get the chance to take out your frustrations in the form of assaulting your competitor to the brink of consciousness.

I don’t really care what other sports do, this is boxing. Very rare in boxing for fighters not to show some kind of respect after the bout unless there’s cheating or a bad decision involved.

Can’t believe people are still trying to make excuses for Wilder in and out of the ring. I don’t think he’s evil, he just has issues that make him difficult to like. People need to accept that, instead of trying to justify his behavior.

just amateurish, that's it and that's all in my opinion. Boxers who've experienced a shit ton of things are better at accepting what happened, not always but usually. At least to the point where they'll talk afterwards. It's not always that way though and it doesn't have to be. So, we want to see it for ourselves? That might look good but i can understand it doesn't always work like that.

I always think of an early Oscar Delahoya fight, can't think of the opponent but they interviewed a fighter from the 50's and he hated the sportsmanship between Delahoya and whoever he was fighting, he was saying shit like, 'they make me sick" and described how he hated his rival.

Fair enough.

My speculation is simply based on watching many fights which I’m sure you have done as well. I think combat sports differentiates itself because whatever frustrations there are, are usually burned out in the ring, since other sports don’t let you get the chance to take out your frustrations in the form of assaulting your competitor to the brink of consciousness.
that's usually what it is, most of that anger and pre-fight talk just goes out the window once the fights over. How many fights have we seen where there was as bad or worse shittalking where both men end up hugging afterwards. My theory is that it's an intimate thing in nature to begin with to fight someone and although this may sound metaphysical or philosophical, two fighters make one whole, it's the reason Boom Boom Mancini said that when the fight with Duk Koo Kim got into the trenches, "I knew him better than his mother", when you reach into each other like that, it's natural to bond. Bowe talked horrible about Holyfield before there second fight and Holyfield couldn't really retaliate because he didn't do that, yet and still, they are best buddies today after all three of their fights. And then..., lets not forget, the word "professional" suggests some objectivity and distance, you might see opposing lawyers palling it up after a case because they are just doing a job and not psychologically or emotionally invested in a case. And as I said, Wilder isn't really "professional" in those terms, he's more like a 14 year old which is pretty much where his limited experience puts him.

You don't see the hypocrisy with that statement?
I like what you say most of the time, I feel that you have come around quite a bit regarding Wilder's loss but you saw the video when he wouldnt shake hands and said 'I don't respect you'. If you used the excuse of a concussion or something for that behaviour I would agree but justifying his poor sportsmanship is a bit silly.
I don't see any hypocrisy.
They don't like each other. Wilder just lost an important fight. He didn't feel like helping Fury celebrate at that moment. Who cares? The same people who think its high comedy when Fury raves about shithouses and Wilders mothers cunt?
Spare me.

I think I saw a pic of you once years ago, you looked like you were built like one of those jacked up Giambi bros or some shit, iirc lol. 400 ft plus every shot lol.
Accurate. If the ankle wasnt an issue Id still be breaking windows on the softball fields. Never cared for watching it on TV but loved to play ball.

I really feel like people are being harder on Wilder than they would on most. The dude just got KTFO, you really, really can't be held accountable for how you're feeling/talking when you come right out of it.

I rooted for Fury and I was happy to see him win but I am with Wilder on this matter. Fuck all this buddy buddy respect thing at the end. Especially after your opponent has already crossed the line by calling you every dirty word there is on the book. As a dirty shit talker Fury is the last man that should ask for sportsmanship.
The thing is Wilder's the one who decided to make it ugly in the first place. Fury tried to keep it respectful between one another, after he stopped Wilder the first fight he even tried to uplift Wilder and Wilder seemed cool at first. Then out of nowhere started making these disparaging remarks to damage Fury's character and take credit from his win. After all of that a lot of fighters wouldn't have even tried to make peace after the third fight like Fury did.

Really pathetic on Wilder’s part. Have some fucking class.
Don't you think it's far more pathetic, that after putting his life on the line and going out like a warrior if ever we have seen one, people like you are soo quick to jump on him and criticize just because of how he felt in the minutes after getting beaten and a hard knockdown?

I meant can't people cut him some slack?

Also you don't start wagging your finger at someone and try to lecture them about 'being a man' like Fury was doing there in the corner, and expect to get respect back.

And Fury will always remain gifted for not having a KO loss to Wilder in the first fight which he never accepted that Wilder put him to sleep. This isn't Lethwei you don't get a chance to revive and come back.

Wilder just congratulated Fury for his win, so Wilder did just needed a little time to come to terms with his loss and give Fury his props.

I don't often venture into the forum but you always have exactly the same narratives, it's a bit annoying. Everyone knows your stance, you don't need to say it in EVERY thread

Cmon, he's about 90 years old and probably forgets what he posted a minute later.

Wilder just congratulated Fury for his win, so Wilder did just needed a little time to come to terms with his loss and give Fury his props.

Tits at the start magic, I listened for a few more minutes, absolute shit. To keep perpetrating myths about the second fight is just embarrasing at this point. No idea which channel this is, but I'll be avoiding. If the video improved, I apologise, but when I hear 'dents in head' type shit, I fold.

I really feel like people are being harder on Wilder than they would on most. The dude just got KTFO, you really, really can't be held accountable for how you're feeling/talking when you come right out of it.
True but he did so much complaining after the last fight that it's hard to sympathize with him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back