Foie gras ban overturned

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-foie-gras-ban-lifted-20150108-story.html#panel=comments

Been told I should try it and I'd like to, at least once.

Although I'd rather eat it looking like this:
r-FOIE-GRAS-BAN-IN-EFFECT-large570.jpg

rather than this
Foie_gras_2423694b.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-foie-gras-ban-lifted-20150108-story.html#panel=comments

rather than this
Foie_gras_2423694b.jpg

If a fleeting moment of sensory pleasure is worth more to you than another sentient beings lifetime of suffering then why not go for it? After all the vast majority of the animal products people eat are also derived of callous exploitation and needless suffering so a little extra cruelty doesn't make all that much difference in the grand scheme of things right?

Senseless animal cruelty always draws you out of the woodwork eh lad? It's great that you never miss an opportunity to crack us up with your ever so hilarious brand of schtick.

lol not gonna argue with u the morality/ethics of eating meat but good luck on ur quest of equality & rights for all living organisms

post-17172-0-13360800-1409968068.png

If a fleeting moment of sensory pleasure is worth more to you than another sentient beings lifetime of suffering then why not go for it? After all the vast majority of the animal products people eat are also derived of callous exploitation and needless suffering so a little extra cruelty doesn't make all that much difference in the grand scheme of things right?

FYI, you can get foie gras from geese that don't need to be force fed. Anthony Bourdain talks about it in one of his books. Also discussed here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1543031/Ethical-foie-gras-from-naturally-greedy-geese.html

Although chances are, if you just get foie gras, it's not going to be the "minimum cruelty" kind.

rather than this
Foie_gras_2423694b.jpg

The first pic is escalope de foie gras which is where they pan sear the whole liver. The second is a pate or mousse. Both are delicious

I used to love this stuff but it's been years since i ate it.

And yes, I do have gout.... but thankfully since I've cleaned up my diet i don't suffer too much from it

[/SPOILER]

The first pic is escalope de foie gras which is where they pan sear the whole liver. The second is a pate or mousse. Both are delicious

And yes, I do have gout.... but thankfully since I've cleaned up my diet i don't suffer too much from it

I figure I'd only try it once. The places that I've seen listed that serve it aren't close by and it's just one of those things that people have recommended that I'd figured I'd give a shot.

FYI, you can get foie gras from geese that don't need to be force fed. Anthony Bourdain talks about it in one of his books. Also discussed here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1543031/Ethical-foie-gras-from-naturally-greedy-geese.html

Although chances are, if you just get foie gras, it's not going to be the "minimum cruelty" kind.

its not about whether its forced fed or not. agents against all violence to all living organisms including insects and i guess microscopic organisms saying that as humans we do not have the right to take a life because we have the ability to reason and choose wat we eat. agents a lvl 5 vegan

9aefbf010edcae7ef383b1ff1ae02a6b45b6a708d827af0d94d2fac17928c6aa.jpg

i salute his fortitude and quest to change humanity

i on the otherhand love eating meat (no homo). meat is delicious and is packed with a lot of nutrition

[/SPOILER]

u sound rich

I figure I'd only try it once. The places that I've seen listed that serve it aren't close by and it's just one of those things that people have recommended that I'd figured I'd give a shot.

its expensive and definitely an acquired taste (like uni). its buttery, rich, sweet, and full of flavor. a lot of ppl i know dont like it, so its def not for every1

i think it taste amazing but definitely on the luxurious side

its expensive and definitely an acquired taste (like uni). its buttery, rich, sweet, and full of flavor. a lot of ppl i know dont like it, so its def not for every1

i think it taste amazing but definitely on the luxurious side

I'm always trying something new, especially when it comes to sushi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back