Floyd vs Rocky at Middleweight

Rudeboyben84

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Rocky was around 184lbs (Possibly started even lighter). I’ve no doubt he could make 167lbs in the modern era.

Floyd fought at Light middleweight so they weren’t so different sized a fight couldn’t happen. Marciano was 2inches taller but gas be up 4inches in reach.

I don’t think Rocky was really any bigger than Canelo for example.

Rocky would punch harder than any previous Mayweather opponent but relied on holding and hitting and threw wild telegraphed punches which I can’t see landing.

Who you all got at 167lbs?

Ban yourself

What’s the big deal? Rocky clearly wouldn’t be a heavyweight today? At 184lbs before a weight cut he wouldn’t be allowed to fight at heavyweight. Again he’s no bigger than say GGG, same height and build.

You think it’s a mismatch based on size? Granted Floyd is clearly smaller but I don’t think enough for it to be a ban yourself moment! Lol

What’s the big deal? Rocky clearly wouldn’t be a heavyweight today? At 184lbs before a weight cut he wouldn’t be allowed to fight at heavyweight. Again he’s no bigger than say GGG, same height and build.

You think it’s a mismatch based on size? Granted Floyd is clearly smaller but I don’t think enough for it to be a ban yourself moment! Lol

the much better fight is Marciano vs Clinton Wood

Rocky was around 184lbs (Possibly started even lighter). I’ve no doubt he could make 167lbs in the modern era.

Floyd fought at Light middleweight so they weren’t so different sized a fight couldn’t happen. Marciano was 2inches taller but gas be up 4inches in reach.

Rocky would punch harder than any previous Mayweather opponent but relied on holding and hitting and threw wild telegraphed punches which I can’t see landing.

Rocky Marciano had knowledge of pre WW2 techniques such as shifting (which was bombed out of existence by the nazis). Can't see Floyd overcoming that disadvantage.
Shifting is an old school myth. Its like when your grandpa told you he walked 10 miles each day to school.

Marciano doesn't make the mistake that baby Canelo did. As soon as he realizes that Floyd can't hurt him he charges forward and pushes his shit in. Vicious knockout somewhere in the early-mid rounds and damn near death by Suzie Q

Reactions: Ruv
167 is super middleweight

And Floyd never weighed more than 150 1/2lbs for a fight

Last edited:

- Firstly, there's no 167 lbs weight class: the weight class is 168 lbs and it's called Super Middleweight, not Middleweight.
- Secondly, Rocky Marciano didn't start "even lighter" than 184 lbs: he was literally 192 lbs in his very first fight in 1947.
- Thirdly, Floyd has fought at 154 lbs 4 times and weighed in at 150, 151, 150.5 and 149.5 lbs. He can't even make 160, let alone 168.

So not only you're suggesting to make Floyd fight at a weight class he's not legally allowed to fight at, you want him to face a guy who's 35-40 lbs heavier.

Last edited:
Floyd fought with 10 oz Grant gloves that aren’t punchers gloves in his bouts .

Rocky connecting with little 8 oz ones with barely any padding would end Floyd in the first round if he connects and if he doesn’t he will sooner then later ,Floyd could win round one if he actually didn’t fight and ran but sooner or later he would get hit probably disqualified find a way out by disqualification after being hurt if he’s still standing which is unlikely anyway .

Marciano wasn’t lighter , he cut down from 200 pounds because that was the norm back then and little info on proper diet but being that light gave him the stamina against not to many bigger guys but we’re talking Mayweather ? Maybe if Jeff and Rodger could be tagged in he has a slight chance ?

Back