Floyd vs Rocky at Middleweight

I started a thread a few years ago about Floyd vs Rocky. It went just as well as this one.

I got yellow cards for asking if Frank Gotch and George Hackenschmidt would be competitive in the UFC today.

Floyd fought with 10 oz Grant gloves that aren’t punchers gloves in his bouts .

Rocky connecting with little 8 oz ones with barely any padding would end Floyd in the first round if he connects and if he doesn’t he will sooner then later ,Floyd could win round one if he actually didn’t fight and ran but sooner or later he would get hit probably disqualified find a way out by disqualification after being hurt if he’s still standing which is unlikely anyway .

Marciano wasn’t lighter , he cut down from 200 pounds because that was the norm back then and little info on proper diet but being that light gave him the stamina against not to many bigger guys but we’re talking Mayweather ? Maybe if Jeff and Rodger could be tagged in he has a slight chance ?

I think that is something people forget. Old time heavyweights were smaller than today, but many still cut weight.

Louis cut weight the day of his fight with Conn Becuase he didn't like the optics of being over 200lbs and KOing a light heavyweight.

so marciano would have to lose 25 pounds? at least some of it natural muscle, he'd look sick and probably fight that way, why not ask if mayweather could beat michael carbajal if he got down to 108?

Rocky Marciano had knowledge of pre WW2 techniques such as shifting (which was bombed out of existence by the nazis). Can't see Floyd overcoming that disadvantage.
Shifting is an old school myth. Its like when your grandpa told you he walked 10 miles each day to school.

Mine said he shifted his way through the snow. Of course back then, you couldn't just walk through the snow. You needed to have a can of beans with ya to pay the tolls. See the Pinkertons had set up all of these roadblocks, trying to catch Singin' Dilly. That's what they called Dillinger at the time on account of his hair. Of course nicknames have a way of shifting and jiving over the years. And then one day, he had that spoon. And that was pretty much all she wrote.

This is what Floyd would do to Rocky, and also some mythical shifting fun.

Funny, I was just thinking about that guy the other day

Floyd probably comes out in his philly shell style. Starts throwing the heat. Marciano not used to modern boxing evolution is completely overwhelmed and destroyed.

LOLOLOL I came here to see which Rocky the OP was referring too...I was hoping it was Balboa.

Rocky would run through Floyd’s punches face first and KO him

Floyd via brutal knockout.
Floyd couldn't break wind or his own hands... Come over to the standup forum if you want to see my credentials, I posted it just for you. PRETENDER. I would fight Canelo just for the fun of it with his bitch arse bottling up tactics... (Also would like love you to critice my boxing with that vaste knowledge you possesS)...

Back