Floyd = much tougher fight for Khabib than Tony, will pay him 50x more, and be bigger for legacy

I hope Floyd takes pity on MMA fans and doesn’t humor this compete nonsense.

Khabib is a questionable striker by MMA standards. He’s going to box Floyd? Fuck off. Who the fuck wants to see another MMA star get picked apart on floyds terms?

I’m not hating Khabib for wanting this fight, I just find the idea of promoters doing this again is ridiculous.

I don’t want to hear Khabib talking about legacy and all that BS anymore:

Damn, Khabib not restoring honor to prize fighting? I am shockededifed

It would be even bigger if Khabib played in the NHL for a few seasons successfully. The good players there make way more money and are more famous than UFC fighters. Its a bigger challenge - much better for his legacy

Oh also, Khabib beating Mayweather now wouldnt put him on any lists at all in boxing. It would just be age catching up to a boxer who is only in it for the money

Lmao Khabib gets beaten up in a boxing match. He will make more in that night than his whole mma career put together, though.

First of all Khabib has already said he's going to fight until the age of 35 which is 5 more years so he will definitely fight Tony at some point. Now that that's out of the way let's look at the facts:

1) Floyd is a much bigger challenge for Khabib than Tony. Almost insurmountable. He would be a massive underdog against Floyd and a favorite against Tony. Not sure why people are acting like this is the easy way out.

2) A win (however unlikely) over undefeated 50-0 Floyd would be MUCH bigger for Khabib's legacy than Tony. He would immediately move into combat sports GOAT territory.

3) People are surprised a guy would want to fight someone for 50 million instead of 1 million. Anyone would.

Much bigger is an understatement.
Khabib is going to get starched. He might even get KOd. Depends on how Floyd feels.

He's not going to make this kind of money for a Floyd fight.

I doubt this does much over 1 million PPV buys.

Russians and people in the middle East don't buy PPVs.
I would tend to think he would make at least near the lower end of that, perhaps a little less; several times what he would make for any other fight. Casuals watched him beat Conor, and he is fighting Mayweather; I think those 2 factors would sadly make it sell quite well. A great fight with Tony would have far less overall interest from casuals (the far more numerous buyers of PPV).

First of all Khabib has already said he's going to fight until the age of 35 which is 5 more years so he will definitely fight Tony at some point. Now that that's out of the way let's look at the facts:

1) Floyd is a much bigger challenge for Khabib than Tony. Almost insurmountable. He would be a massive underdog against Floyd and a favorite against Tony. Not sure why people are acting like this is the easy way out.

2) A win (however unlikely) over undefeated 50-0 Floyd would be MUCH bigger for Khabib's legacy than Tony. He would immediately move into combat sports GOAT territory.

3) People are surprised a guy would want to fight someone for 50 million instead of 1 million. Anyone would.
IDK now that we've seen a fight like this, I just don't care to see it again

The Floyd fight will never ever happen
Khabib will draw nothing and the fight is almost unsaleable.
Khabib is not know as a great striker so there's no point or angle to sell it.
And trust me I really would love to see it happen just for to witness the embarassement it would be
tenor.gif

FWIW, the WBC president said that the fight would do well.

If I was him I’d happily fight Floyd for the paycheck, but the fight really makes no sense

Khabib right now wouldn't beat Mayweather Sr in a boxing match

Lmao stop trying to defend this hypocritical duck

He’s become(ing) exactly what him and his fans talked shit about for years

The problem with MMA fighters boxing Floyd for legacy is that what it adds to their legacy is a circus sideshow where they got beaten up.

I have a hard time seeing Khabib-Mayweather being much more than a shadow of May Mac. First, Kebob has nowhere near the star power. Second, Khabib can’t even hang his hat on being a good striker in MMA. And lastly, everyone knows the first fight was a farce. Even the marks who didn’t know it beforehand.

Lmao stop trying to defend this hypocritical duck

He’s become(ing) exactly what him and his fans talked shit about for years
Hyperbole 2000.

Khabib and his fans talked shit about Conor taking TWO YEARS off the sport and his titles with him. Khabib whooped Conor's ass last month and is currently serving a suspension.

Let me know when he runs away from the sport for two years.

Back