Floyd = much tougher fight for Khabib than Tony, will pay him 50x more, and be bigger for legacy

First of all Khabib has already said he's going to fight until the age of 35 which is 5 more years so he will definitely fight Tony at some point. Now that that's out of the way let's look at the facts:

1) Floyd is a much bigger challenge for Khabib than Tony. Almost insurmountable. He would be a massive underdog against Floyd and a favorite against Tony. Not sure why people are acting like this is the easy way out.

2) A win (however unlikely) over undefeated 50-0 Floyd would be MUCH bigger for Khabib's legacy than Tony. He would immediately move into combat sports GOAT territory.

3) People are surprised a guy would want to fight someone for 50 million instead of 1 million. Anyone would. If Khabib is ever to fight Floyd the time is now. Strike while the iron is hot.

I have no problem with Khabib fighting Mayweather. However, if that's his intention, then he needs to vacate the 155 title immediately.

We have no idea if he would even need to take the amount of time off necessary to vacate. Technically it could happen now while he is serving a suspension if he wasn't getting roadblocked by the UFC.

He won't be able to box while suspended from MMA. Nevada State is gonna suspend him, and it's probably going to be pretty long. He's already said he won't attend his hearing and "doesn't care" what they do. His suspension is gonna be at least 6 months, if not a year. And doing a boxing match with Mayweather is like 6 months of promotion. So if he fights Mayweather, he won't compete in the UFC for at least a year.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/11/3/...can-give-me-10-years-ban-i-dont-care-mcgregor

Vegas has it at 20-1 that the fight happens. Basically saying it ain’t happening. Floyd’s likely fighting manny again in may

Khabib chances are next to zero. He has more chances of getting hit by lightning during the fight.

Beyond ridiculous, SMFH.

He won't be able to box while suspended from MMA. Nevada State is gonna suspend him, and it's probably going to be pretty long. He's already said he won't attend his hearing and "doesn't care" what they do. His suspension is gonna be at least 6 months, if not a year. And doing a boxing match with Mayweather is like 6 months of promotion. So if he fights Mayweather, he won't compete in the UFC for at least a year.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/11/3/...can-give-me-10-years-ban-i-dont-care-mcgregor
The idea was for Khabib to fight Mayweather in Russia which the NSAC can do sweet fuck all about, but the UFC roadblocked it.

The idea was for Khabib to fight Mayweather in Russia which the NSAC can do sweet fuck all about, but the UFC roadblocked it.

I think Mayweather is just bullshitting on fighting anywhere but Las Vegas. They'd leave too much money on the table fighting anywhere else.

You need to go back to 2005 to find a time when Mayweather fought outside of Las Vegas. And none of his pro fights were outside the U.S. Do you really believe that he's going to go fight in someone's hometown now????

Those Turkish Muslim Russian billionaire dictator pals of his should just pool together 10 or 15 million, call it the Khabib fund and stop this silliness.

I’m a khabib fan, but Legacy and rep wise, and the overall message it sends for both sports and overall is dumb, that’s an understatement as well... imo.

Can't blame him for wanting it, especially since Floyd was entertaining the idea and UFC have set a precedent in allowing fighters to go do boxing matches. It would get a lot more coverage than fighting Tony. The whole thing is of no interest to me though. Hopefully Tenshin cracks Floyd and puts this whole thing to rest.

If the idiot wants a challenge for his legacy make him fight Golovkin, Canelo, Spence, etc... If you want the biggest challenge why are you facing a retired 41 year old boxer instead of fighters in their primes? Khabib is a fraud.

nobody gonna pay you in boxing Khabibi, sit your militant ass down

I think Mayweather is just bullshitting on fighting anywhere but Las Vegas. They'd leave too much money on the table fighting anywhere else.

You need to go back to 2005 to find a time when Mayweather fought outside of Las Vegas. And none of his pro fights were outside the U.S. Do you really believe that he's going to go fight in someone's hometown now????
Mayweather is fighting Tenshin in Japan, you can be sure he'd fight Khabib in Russia.

idk.. even if khabib beat floyd, everyone would say 'oh floyd was a retired pillow-fisted 41 year old man with CTE' or such and such... and if khabib loses, he'll ruin his undefeated reputation and eat a lot of shit.
khabib is an MMA fighter, he's said this multiple times. he's not a boxer. why fight floyd, other than for money?

besides, as a fight fan, would u really rather see khabib fight floyd instead of tony??? come on man.
I agree with everything but the CTE thing if he beats Floyd. Floyd has barely even been touched clean in his career so I doubt CTE could be used as an excuse except by the most desperate of fans.

Of course this is irrelevant anyway since Khabib would have no chance at all and I doubt Floyd does what he did against Conor ( look through my history if you want to know what I mean by that, I think my theory is pretty sound.) and instead does what everyone wanted him to do to Conor and dispatch him quickly and violently.

pathetic people are even still talking about this
<DisgustingHHH>

I would like to see someone who beats conor standing with boxing only in the UFC fight Mayweather. Khabib did not do that, Conor would have obliged and kept it on the feet if Khabib really cared about boxing. I would be all about this if Khabib was KOing anyone standing and was looked at as an elite striker. Nate Diaz vs Mayweather would be more competitive. Khabib just wants the money.

We have no idea if he would even need to take the amount of time off necessary to vacate. Technically it could happen now while he is serving a suspension if he wasn't getting roadblocked by the UFC.
this doesn't make sense.

noone's paying khabib $50m.

First of all Khabib has already said he's going to fight until the age of 35 which is 5 more years so he will definitely fight Tony at some point. Now that that's out of the way let's look at the facts:

1) Floyd is a much bigger challenge for Khabib than Tony. Almost insurmountable. He would be a massive underdog against Floyd and a favorite against Tony. Not sure why people are acting like this is the easy way out.

2) A win (however unlikely) over undefeated 50-0 Floyd would be MUCH bigger for Khabib's legacy than Tony. He would immediately move into combat sports GOAT territory.

3) People are surprised a guy would want to fight someone for 50 million instead of 1 million. Anyone would. If Khabib is ever to fight Floyd the time is now. Strike while the iron is hot.

? Khabib gets 50x more fighting Mayweather?

Hold on, so he likely earns 3-4 million with points against Tony in the UFC.

You are saying he gets 150-200 million fighting Mayeather? ya ok....

Khabib despite being the better fighter is nowhere near as well known as McGregor. PPV buys for a boxing event are predicated on people actually buying the event. Considering probably 99% of Khabib's home country fans will be illegally streaming the event, I'd say he makes nowhere near what McGregor does

Fighting Mayweather is a pretty dumb thing for Khabib. Sure he will get better pay (probably 2-3x more to be realistic) but what does a loss to a boxer do for him other than taking a beating for a payday?

shut up already.

get off the hairy muslims nuts.

quit defending the duck.

another thread defending kaboob. smdh

1) This is a red herring. It's like saying that playing golf against Tiger Woods would be a bigger challenge than playing a game of Scrabble against my wife. No. Not really.

2) See above. He's not beating Floyd in a boxing match anymore than I am. Legacy doesn't even enter into it.

3) On this, you are correct. This is the only legit reason Khabib would have for fighting Floyd. It's also the only reason he needs. Who wouldn't take that payday?

Back