Floyd Mayweather vs. Amir Khan set for May 3rd

Question for the Brits... If this fight were to be held in London, what would you guys guess the % of people rooting for Floyd would be? B/c it seems to me like he has a pretty big fanbase in the UK and Khan doesn't strike me as a fan favorite over there.

personally would guess less than 10%

Getting knocked out is not better than losing a lopsided decision.

winning 2-3 rounds and landing some punches is better than punching the air for 36 minutes

winning 2-3 rounds and landing some punches is better than punching the air for 36 minutes

Lol. Khan isn't winning anything except a CAT scan after he getss knocked the fuck out.

I would rather see Devon Alexander get the next shot against Mayweather than Mr "I ain't done shit at welterweight" Khan.

I'm putting a sneaky $100 on Khan. He's obviously a massive underdog, but he has some things which could bother Floyd. Khan is very fast and when he boxes to a gameplan and sticks to it he can look awesome with good hard and fast combos up and down. Its when he is tagged and hurt that he falls apart. Floyd isn't a bomber or someone who is going to stand there and trade, so honestly I think Khan could cause Floyd some problems, and that this isn't the foregone conclusion people think it is.

Khan has a much better shot than Canelo did. Speed is the key with Floyd, of hand and foot. Canelo had neither but was tough, Khan has both but is chinny. Its a better combo to have against Floyd in my opinion.

I still think Floyd late KO or wide UD, but Khan has a real chance.

Will wait to see it announced on ESPN or boxingscene. Don't trust UK papers.

Khan could barely touch Paul McCloskey in their bout and suddenly he's going to give Mayweather issues?

Blindly repeating that styles make fights and the fact that Khan is fast is banal analysis at best.

"Team Khan would like to dispel recent reports that Amir Khan has pulled out of a potential match-up against Devon Alexander on December 7th, taking up a fight against Floyd Mayweather in May of next year instead," read Khan's statement.

"Contrary to this story, Amir Khan is currently in training camp in San Francisco with the aim of fighting again in December against Alexander once an agreement can be reached."

Last month in Las Vegas, Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer said "we're close" on a deal for Khan to face Alexander. Schaefer's assertion was made following the post-fight press conference for Mayweather's majority decision over Canelo Alvarez at the MGM Grand.

"I do not comment on rumors," stated Schaefer in an e-mail to RingTV.com on Thursday. "Amir Khan's statement speak for itself."

ringtv.com

I'm putting a sneaky $100 on Khan. He's obviously a massive underdog, but he has some things which could bother Floyd. Khan is very fast and when he boxes to a gameplan and sticks to it he can look awesome with good hard and fast combos up and down. Its when he is tagged and hurt that he falls apart. Floyd isn't a bomber or someone who is going to stand there and trade, so honestly I think Khan could cause Floyd some problems, and that this isn't the foregone conclusion people think it is.

Khan has a much better shot than Canelo did. Speed is the key with Floyd, of hand and foot. Canelo had neither but was tough, Khan has both but is chinny. Its a better combo to have against Floyd in my opinion.

Power isn't the only necessity for a KO. A sneaky shot from Floyd that lands on Khan unawares could happen. What do a lot of boxers say during their post fight interviews? "I didn't see the shots coming". Floyd has very underrated power, true he's no KO artist but he can bang if necessary, and if Julio can drop him, Floyd will definitely be able to.

Last edited:
Devon/Zab is not official.

This is the most questionable post I've seen from you in a long time.

Khan is hittable, period. And more importantly, hurtable. Floyd's also been standing RIGHT in front of people much more now than ever. And Canelo is NOT slow. He was fast enough to buckle Floyd's knees with a jab. Being able to be hurt is NOT a good thing to have against Floyd. Khan is getting his ass kicked in this, no two ways about it. If you want to put money down because a long-shot bet pays off better, okay. But none of these reasons why you think it's a good idea are reflective of reality.

RE: Conflicting Reports: Maybe we should stop believing EVERYTHING we read?

Being first isn't always best...Mayweather gets clicks and thats a huge reason why outlets have been jumping on the 'breaking news' from England tweet.

RE: Conflicting Reports: Maybe we should stop believing EVERYTHING we read?

Being first isn't always best...Mayweather gets clicks and thats a huge reason why outlets have been jumping on the 'breaking news' from England tweet.

CEO of Mayweather Promotions and personal advisor to Floyd Mayweather, Leonard Ellerbe cleared up any rumours and reports that unbeaten Pound for Pound king has agreed to face Amir Khan next May 3rd in Las Vegas

This is the most questionable post I've seen from you in a long time.

Khan is hittable, period. And more importantly, hurtable. Floyd's also been standing RIGHT in front of people much more now than ever. And Canelo is NOT slow. He was fast enough to buckle Floyd's knees with a jab. Being able to be hurt is NOT a good thing to have against Floyd. Khan is getting his ass kicked in this, no two ways about it. If you want to put money down because a long-shot bet pays off better, okay. But none of these reasons why you think it's a good idea are reflective of reality.

Does Virgil Hunter have anything for Khan? All I'm seeing when watching Khan is him fighting much more reservedly. It doesn't look like his fight I.Q or defense has improved. What's your take on Hunter? And where do you see Khan in the next few years?

Does Virgil Hunter have anything for Khan? All I'm seeing when watching Khan is him fighting much more reservedly. It doesn't look like his fight I.Q or defense has improved. What's your take on Hunter? And where do you see Khan in the next few years?

its hard to train bad hsbits out of a fighter this late in the game.

khan is always gonna be that awkward fast guy who throws alot of punches. Who also has some serious technical problems

I don't know about you but when it's up on Boxrec that's confirmation enough for me.

trout/lara was on boxrec for the may-canelo undercard for a while, just saying

I am not saying that the fight won't happen (although I hope it doesn't) but I really don't think it is even close to happening at this point...

edit" speaking about the Khan-Mayweather fight

I don't mind Super Zab vs Devon, although I think it might be a snoozer

Back