Crime Florida Man Released From Jail Amid Covid Concerns Commits Murder

Cant hold people not convicted of a crime when there is no way of knowing when there will be a court hearing. Jail space is limited. Arrested for a low level crime so no way of knowing he would go off and murder someone. Perfect storm kinda scenario.

I know in MN they arent holding anyone for anything less than a violent crime or felony, all non-emergency court hearings gs are cancelled, and anything having to do with probation (meetings, UAs, check ins, ect.) are canceled. The court system is going to be backed up for months with everything so far, if this lasts through the summer a lot of people may not see court for a year or more. It's entirely possible some may never go to court as certain cases will take priority and others will be pushed aside for them. This will be an interesting test of the legal system.
I kind of agree with you, but in this case. When you have these charges in your history.

Williams’s past history includes arrests on 35 previous charges, according to the Sheriff’s Office. He was convicted for burglary of an unoccupied conveyance in 2012, and being a felon in possession of a firearm in 2018.

What a surprise. I didn't see that coming immediately and predict it would be a bad idea.

We keep these animals penned up for a reason.

"He was already eligible for release under a $2,500 bond — meaning he could have walked out after paying $250."

<LikeReally5>

You said he was a non violent drug offender. I said he had a long rap sheet.
He was being held on a non violent drug offense with a whopping $250 bail. Congrats.

And he had a history of criminal activity you make it sound like this was cut and dry. It wasn’t and now someone is dead.
Take it up with the his county jail, not me.

Sounds like they changed the rules so he didnt have to.
Either way, there was no way this murder could have been reasonably predicted.

This shitbag had 35 previous charges.

At what point do we lock him up and throw away the key? He obviously cannot function in a civilized society.

Plot twist: his victim was 85 years old! Now all the liberals don't know what to do.

What a surprise. I didn't see that coming immediately and predict it would be a bad idea.

We keep these animals penned up for a reason.

So you support holding people in jail awaiting trial for low-level charges which, here in Atlanta, can take 18 months. Seems expensive.

So you support holding people in jail awaiting trial for low-level charges which, here in Atlanta, can take 18 months. Seems expensive.
If we keep em there for the length of a sentence, there will be fewer widows and orphans.

He was booked for like 4g of heroin and was eligible for $250 cash bail. And hadn't even been convicted on that.

Freaking out about his release is fucking retarded.

Depends on their rap sheet. First time offender? No probably not. A guy with 35 previous charges? Yep.

This is what I have been bitching about for many years. I don’t care about the charges he was in for originally-possession. So what? But in 2018, he was arrested for from with a firearm and he is out. He should have got a minimum of five years for that. Big fucking surprise that he shot someone. He has already proven he doesn’t care about the law and carried a gun as a felon. These are the fucks that kill people. This is on whoever gave him a weak ass sentence for the gun charge.

Back