Opinion Florida Makes It Defamatory To Call Someone Transphobic, Racist or Sexist

Because apparently you can go on national news and say whatever you want about someone, without any proof or evidence whatsoever, with no consequences. Meanwhile a crazy person can accuse you of rape on national television, but if you deny it and call that same person a "crack pot", then you are liable for defamation........
Both of those things are untrue and you're a moron.

I know you're trying to impress your white leftist friends here, but have a little self respect.

accusations, especially by the type of people you revere are often knowingly false, and used to silent people and materially and reputationally harm someone.

again, it's no different from accusing someone of being a child rapist without any proof.

embarrassing you are.
That's ridiculous. Of course it's different. And the difference has been explained more than once ITT and elsewhere. But I understand the challenges you face so I'll make it easier on you with another example.

If I go on TV and say, based upon your comment the other day I think you're a racist, there's nothing whatsoever that is defamatory about that--in terms of applying the law, that is. People can judge for themselves if they agree or disagree with my opinion.

But if I get up in public and declare you're a child rapist with no evidence to back it up, that's clearly defamatory. It's a statement of fact that is untrue whereas the prior example is an opinion. There is no agreeing or disagreeing with a factual claim--it's either true or untrue. On the other hand, opinions are like assholes--everybody's got one. You can't legislate against opinion in a democratic society that values free speech.

Both of those things are untrue and you're a moron.
You and @CatchnShoot have kind of gone off the deep end. We tried to tell you guys not to get so emotionally invested in all the "we are gonna get trump" TDS. Don't let all the L's you have been taking get to you.

You and @CatchnShoot have kind of gone off the deep end. We tried to tell you guys not to get so emotionally invested in all the "we are gonna get trump" TDS. Don't let all the L's you have been taking get to you.
You really are a fucking goldfish. You are the prototype for Musk's interface chip right?

You wanna compare L's? <{cum@me}>

Because apparently you can go on national news and say whatever you want about someone, without any proof or evidence whatsoever, with no consequences. Meanwhile a crazy person can accuse you of rape on national television, but if you deny it and call that same person a "crack pot", then you are liable for defamation........
This is my reply to a similar post from Munny,
That's ridiculous. Of course it's different. And the difference has been explained more than once ITT and elsewhere. But I understand the challenges you face so I'll make it easier on you with another example.

If I go on TV and say, based upon your comment the other day I think you're a racist, there's nothing whatsoever that is defamatory about that--in terms of applying the law, that is. People can judge for themselves if they agree or disagree with my opinion.

But if I get up in public and declare you're a child rapist with no evidence to back it up, that's clearly defamatory. It's a statement of fact that is untrue whereas the prior example is an opinion. There is no agreeing or disagreeing with a factual claim--it's either true or untrue. On the other hand, opinions are like assholes--everybody's got one. You can't legislate against opinion in a democratic society that values free speech.

LOL who is taking the L here, you blithering idiot? You said something so plainly false it's also really stupid. Your rationalization for not addressing that makes you look even worse.

Back