Social Florida city blasts Baby Shark song to drive away homeless from waterfront

I don’t have any problem with this used in certain public areas at certain times and use on private property.

So a kid is with his family during the summer after a night out, and they have to listen to this?

You sure you think that is cool.

Better yet, you are a 19 year old doing a paper route at night, and you have to listen to this?

So a kid is with his family during the summer after a night out, and they have to listen to this?

You sure you think that is cool.

Better yet, you are a 19 year old doing a paper route at night, and you have to listen to this?

I said certain areas in public like closed parks and such and on private property.

I said certain areas in public like closed parks and such and on private property.

I'm fine with it on private property, as long as it is contained to said private property.

While a park maybe closed to public use, it is still ok to walk through that park unless fenced off and secured in some manor.

I don't think there is any acceptable use of this by the government.

I mean of politicians can't legally block anyone from fucking Twitter, I don't think the government should be allowed to harass people out of public areas.

I'm fine with it on private property, as long as it is contained to said private property.

While a park maybe closed to public use, it is still ok to walk through that park unless fenced off and secured in some manor.

I don't think there is any acceptable use of this by the government.

I mean of politicians can't legally block anyone from fucking Twitter, I don't think the government should be allowed to harass people out of public areas.

If a park is closed and no one is supposed to be in it then it’s closed and anyone there is trespassing.

Poeple that go there go to do illegal things and fuck the park up.

In Toronto they would (still?) play classical music at the subway station in Kennedy station to keep the teenagers away.

Banks with 24hr ATM's often have a motion sensor inside that turns on a loud annoying sound after a few minutes of no movement to prevent people from sleeping in there. Seems cruel to me, it gets dangerously cold in Ontario winters.

They had to resort to laying out huge rocks so bums wouldn’t put up tents in areas of Portland

In Toronto they would (still?) play classical music at the subway station in Kennedy station to keep the teenagers away.

Banks with 24hr ATM's often have a motion sensor inside that turns on a loud annoying sound after a few minutes of no movement to prevent people from sleeping in there. Seems cruel to me, it gets dangerously cold in Ontario winters.
That evil classical music is enough to drive anyone mad

Said no one ever

Well I mean, that would definitely work

"These are people who are already in desperate straits and this is an effort to make life even more miserable for them," says Maria Foscarinis, founder and executive director of the National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty. "Driving them out by blaring music is just inhumane and really shocking."

But I guess shitting on sidewalks is perfectly fine in their book.

Why not just start beating the shit out of all the homeless in certain areas. They would move on pretty quick.

“Florida city blasts Baby Shark song to drive away homeless from waterfront.

Officials in West Palm Beach, Florida are trying a new method of driving homeless people away from a city-owned rental facility: children's music.

The wildly popular and extremely repetitive children's songs, Baby Shark and Raining Tacos, play on an endless loop through the night.

Mayor Keith James told the BBC it is a temporary measure to keep the homeless from the city's waterfront space.

But advocates for the homeless say it is cruel treatment of those in need.

Officials say the children's songs serve as a deterrent around the city's Lake Pavilion, a glass-walled events venue overlooking the downtown waterfront that hosted 164 events over the last year.“

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49026273

I think it’s a good idea and they need to add that Barney song to the loop.

I support shelters to help but not letting them ruin public areas.

So is this “cruel “ or not.

I see it as a kind way to move them out. Much better then having the cops do it and much less expensive.

2/10. Pretty low quality for you. Not a lot of effort put into this one. You need to go back to you're "racism doesn't exist" shtick. At least you get a few bites with that.

2/10. Pretty low quality for you. Not a lot of effort put into this one. You need to go back to you're "racism doesn't exist" shtick. At least you get a few bites with that.

Talk about low effects and I.Q.

I never said not do I believe racism does exist and I lknow more about it then you ever will.

Troll.

Homelessness needs to be illegal in major cities.

Here in Toronto it’s getting to be a problem. You’ve now got groups of them huddling together forming little camps. They reek, and they litter like it’s nobodies business. These people need to be taken away and dealt with. Educate them, do something, we can’t have people living downtown sleeping on the sidewalk defecating where ever they please. It’s a health risk, it’s disgusting to be around and most importantly it’s bad optics.

Homelessness needs to be illegal in major cities.

Here in Toronto it’s getting to be a problem. You’ve now got groups of them huddling together forming little camps. They reek, and they litter like it’s nobodies business. These people need to be taken away and dealt with. Educate them, do something, we can’t have people living downtown sleeping on the sidewalk defecating where ever they please. It’s a health risk, it’s disgusting to be around and most importantly it’s bad optics.

A large portion of them are mentally ill, and another large portion are also addicted to drugs. We'd have to create and fund large mental health and drug treatment facilities all around the country to get the homeless population off the streets. I'm not opposed to it, but we'd have to be willing to spend an extremely high amount of money.

Back