Flooring suggestion

Monger

Chronically Injured
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on flooring for a basement and underneath a punching bag. I prefer to train barefoot since I do KB/Muay Thai. After an extensive search on the internet I found that puzzle mats like these...

http://swainsportsintl.com/f_flooring.htm

seem to be the most popular. In my opinion it's very expensive to do a large area with them. I've found some alternatives but the price doesn't seem to vary much. I'm just wondering if anyone has a more inexpensive idea. It needs to be firm enough to strike from but absorbent enough to jump, kick, fall on while training barefoot.

I don't know about the cheapest, but if you want a quality flooring system that will last, go with the swains. I've had my gold medal mats for 5 years now and they are still in great shape after much kickboxing and bare feet.

Keven
www.warrior-one.com

Swain and zebra make great mats. Call Zebra up and see about getting mats that they have used at a show, they are used for one weekend and then sold at a discount.

I offer puzzle mats, fold up mats and the seamless type of mats but your better off if you can work a deal on the zebra mats.

www.SSFgear.com

I offer puzzle mats, fold up mats and the seamless type of mats but your better off if you can work a deal on the zebra mats

Thanks for the tip. I'll check with Zebra. Out of curiosity, how much do you sell the mats for?

I'll have to see when I get to the shop, I don't have that info on me (not a hot mover). What type and size are you talking about getting?

www.SSFgear.com

I'll have to see when I get to the shop, I don't have that info on me (not a hot mover). What type and size are you talking about getting

Thanks so much but I just called Zebra and they gave me a deal that I think would be very hard to beat. I spent hours searching the net yesterday and I couldn't find any cheaper. I'm getting used mats from them like you suggested. Thanks again! You are always a huge help and your customer service/relationship is unbeatable!

I can't beat Zebra on quailty either. I like there mats the best. Can you PM with the deal they gave you, I may pick up some.

www.SSFgear.com

I can't beat Zebra on quailty either. I like there mats the best. Can you PM with the deal they gave you, I may pick up some

Done :cool:

Monger and SSF showed the community here on sherdog...I like how people work together around here.

I am trying to convince my parents to let me set up a little gym in the corner of our garage in the new hosue they move into...that'd be nice.

Thanks to Monger I ended up buy some Zebra mats and I am now a reseller for Zebra

:D That's great! So I can come to you when I need more mats.... ha ha. Very cool.

Back