Flooring suggestion

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Monger, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Monger

Monger Chronically Injured

Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on flooring for a basement and underneath a punching bag. I prefer to train barefoot since I do KB/Muay Thai. After an extensive search on the internet I found that puzzle mats like these...

http://swainsportsintl.com/f_flooring.htm

seem to be the most popular. In my opinion it's very expensive to do a large area with them. I've found some alternatives but the price doesn't seem to vary much. I'm just wondering if anyone has a more inexpensive idea. It needs to be firm enough to strike from but absorbent enough to jump, kick, fall on while training barefoot.

2. warrior-one.com

warrior-one.com Orange Belt

I don't know about the cheapest, but if you want a quality flooring system that will last, go with the swains. I've had my gold medal mats for 5 years now and they are still in great shape after much kickboxing and bare feet.

Keven
    www.warrior-one.com

3. SSF

SSF SSFgear.com

Swain and zebra make great mats. Call Zebra up and see about getting mats that they have used at a show, they are used for one weekend and then sold at a discount.

I offer puzzle mats, fold up mats and the seamless type of mats but your better off if you can work a deal on the zebra mats.

www.SSFgear.com

4. Monger

Thanks for the tip. I'll check with Zebra. Out of curiosity, how much do you sell the mats for?

5. SSF

SSF SSFgear.com

I'll have to see when I get to the shop, I don't have that info on me (not a hot mover). What type and size are you talking about getting?

www.SSFgear.com

6. Monger

Thanks so much but I just called Zebra and they gave me a deal that I think would be very hard to beat. I spent hours searching the net yesterday and I couldn't find any cheaper. I'm getting used mats from them like you suggested. Thanks again! You are always a huge help and your customer service/relationship is unbeatable!

7. SSF

SSF SSFgear.com

I can't beat Zebra on quailty either. I like there mats the best. Can you PM with the deal they gave you, I may pick up some.

www.SSFgear.com

8. Monger

Done :cool:

9. LCDforMe

LCDforMe Purple Belt

Monger and SSF showed the community here on sherdog...I like how people work together around here.

I am trying to convince my parents to let me set up a little gym in the corner of our garage in the new hosue they move into...that'd be nice.

10. SSF

SSF SSFgear.com

Thanks to Monger I ended up buy some Zebra mats and I am now a reseller for Zebra.

www.SSFgear.com

11. LCDforMe

LCDforMe Purple Belt

Right on, man.

12. Monger

:D That's great! So I can come to you when I need more mats.... ha ha. Very cool.