• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Fiziev goes in on Gaethje for refusing to fight him

He's been calling out Justin and no one else repeatedly since before some of those guys were even booked. So no, that's not the reason lol.

Calling out the best match up for him, but still happens to hold name value and would skyrocket his stock among fans. Sneaky bastard, but you can’t blame him.

Shavkat was doing the same thing. Calls out Magny, then after beating him, called for an aging Wonderboy. (Gets Geoff Neal instead apparently, but still good match up for him) Cherry picking their way through the rankings. Not trying to throw shade their way, I get it, and they are still beasts regardless, but it’s obvious what they’re doing.

Calling out the best match up for him, but still happens to hold name value and would skyrocket his stock among fans. Sneaky bastard, but you can’t blame him.

Shavkat was doing the same thing. Calls out Magny, then after beating him, called for an aging Wonderboy. (Gets Geoff Neal instead apparently, but still good match up for him) Cherry picking their way through the rankings. Not trying to throw shade their way, I get it, and they are still beasts regardless, but it’s obvious what they’re doing.

Cherry picking? LOL... Nobody wants to fight Shavkat at all. Only Neal verbally accepted offer on Twitter after being cornered/forced to accept it. Otherwise it would have been a bad look for him.

Higher ranked guys should fight lower ranked guys if they keep losing like Wonderboy.

Realistically either the UFC is enough behind Fiziev vs Gaethje that they push for it and make it happen or Fiziev can do one of two things, sit out for a while and wait to see who wins, maybe fight the winner of Chandler vs Poirier or he can fight down in the rankings to keep himself relevant vs there's really no one because Jalin is injured, Conor shouldn't be ranked, Tony shouldn't be ranked and Hooker shouldn't be ranked.

Cherry picking? LOL... Nobody wants to fight Shavkat at all. Only Neal verbally accepted offer on Twitter after being cornered/forced to accept it. Otherwise it would have been a bad look for him.

Higher ranked guys should fight lower ranked guys if they keep losing like Wonderboy.

yes cherry picking. Calls out Magny and then Wonderboy right after. An out of prime striker whos he’s just gonna throttle. Then goes for Neal. Relax, Shavkat is a beast, doesn’t need to cherry pick, but he’s calling out favorable matchups. Not saying anyone wants to fight him, but I know who he’s looking at. Right in front of me. It is what it is.

Same thing with Fiziev. He’s been eyeing Gaethje for a while. Big name with a good rank and a favorable match up. Don’t gotta act like I’m insulting these guys. It’s only business, I get it. It’s not saying they wouldn’t potentially beat the harder match ups. Path of least resistance.

Last edited:

Meh this ducking talk is dumb. Justin ain't scared of no one in the division. I wish managers sparring for the best fights for their fighters career wasn't viewed as ducking. The UFC has a much better record than boxing for making the fights which make sense in reasonable timeframes.

Funny how much slack you get as a Sherdog darling.

Compare the way people react to Justin avoiding a fight with a guy who arguably should be matched up with him in the division he's vying for a title in to Khamzat not immedaitely accepting a fight with Costa 3 minutes after beating Holland to being a duck, scared, gourmet chechen bla bla bla

This fight absolutely makes sense and Gaethje clearly has no intention of fighting anyone but Conor, Chandler or Dustin.

Never change, Sherdog.
Havent you seen how much people shit on Gaethje?

And Khamzat was the one that stepped to Costa. Acted like a retard for no reason, then when Costa says come lets fight in the cage, radio silence from Khamzat. Of course it's a bad look.

Never change sherdog

Havent you seen how much people shit on Gaethje?

And Khamzat was the one that stepped to Costa. Acted like a retard for no reason, then when Costa says come lets fight in the cage, radio silence from Khamzat. Of course it's a bad look.

Never change sherdog
Fuck I hate fresh matchups. Rematches are all I ever want.

yes cherry picking. Calls out Magny and then Wonderboy right after. An out of prime striker whos he’s just gonna throttle. Then goes for Neal. Relax, Shavkat is a beast, doesn’t need to cherry pick, but he’s calling out favorable matchups. Not saying anyone wants to fight him, but I know who he’s looking at. Right in front of me. It is what it is.

Same thing with Fiziev. He’s been eyeing Gaethje for a while. Big name with a good rank and a favorable match up. Don’t gotta act like I’m insulting these guys. It’s only business, I get it. It’s not saying they wouldn’t potentially beat the harder match ups. Path of least resistance.

Not really. Being ranked #7 Wonderboy must have fight #11 Shavkat or just lost his ranking. Don't blame Shavkat but blame rankings.

Also no one other than Neal accepted Shavkat's offer. And I am not sure he really accepted it, if fight falls out then Neal is to blame.

WAR FIZIEV

Fuck all that other shit.

I think it's a fight Gaethje should actually take. Fiviez has a nice run and coming of that nice win over a established name like RDA.

And I think Gaethje KO's him in the later rounds after a back and forth fight.
I don't think Gaethje can outstrikes him. Fiziev is a better version of Gaethje

There was a story not long before that about Costa saying shit about Khamzat, that's why Khamzat did that... since then Costa has been doing anything he can think of to keep the Khamzat beef going. Costa initiated the whole thing because Khamzat is a big name, but is a WW and is probably more beatable in his mind than someone like Whittaker or Vettori.

Not sure how Costa turned into Khamzat randomly going after him and then ducking him lol... fair play to him, he knows how to play the game a lot better than most fighters.

Fiziev is a little overrated IMO, but it’s not surprising that an American fighter is terrified of him. The UFC does a great job protecting its popular American fighters and rightfully so.

Their American fighters with known names only fight for titles(and virtually always lose) or other Americans. It’s a good business model, though, they would be stupid to feed these guys to the International monsters coming up.
How did this turn into an America Bashing thread. WTF?

There goes the leg kick, and there starts the sloppy banging:
PleasingCreativeAmurminnow-size_restricted.gif

The entire fight looked like this. At one point Gaethje threw himself completely off his feet with the biggest overhand swing I’ve ever seen.

Which is the point I made that Gaethje turns into this when facing a pressure fighter who can put him on his back foot. Fiviez is not that fighter.

but it’s not surprising that an American fighter is terrified of him. The UFC does a great job protecting its popular American fighters and rightfully so.

My man is really going hard in with the conspiracy theories rn.

bobby clearly lost 2 rounds, you must have been watching a different fight.

Watch the last round. Bobby did more damage in that round than Fiziev did in the first two rounds. He had him hurt in the last minute.

Not really. Being ranked #7 Wonderboy must have fight #11 Shavkat or just lost his ranking. Don't blame Shavkat but blame rankings.

Also no one other than Neal accepted Shavkat's offer. And I am not sure he really accepted it, if fight falls out then Neal is to blame.

you’re not wrong, but it doesn’t change that Shavkat was openly calling out the favorably ranked opponents. “I know id demolish the 7th ranked out of prime guy with little risk and that’ll catapult me!” For the record, I don’t think Wonderboy should be ranked much at all anymore and his days are very much numbered. He’s already only calling out striking only fights. Looking for fun match ups in the twilight of his career. He shouldn’t accept fights against killers like Shavkat unless he really thinks he still has title aspirations which isn’t the case.

The rankings do need an overhaul in cases like these so I get where you are coming from. Can’t blame guys like Shavkat indulging in the madness.

I also think Gaethje is gonna wither out of the rankings soon. He’s getting rocked a lot lately and has already fumbled two title shots. Fiziev wants to be the guy to sweep up what’s left of him and throw him in the proverbial trash. I could be wrong and I’m just giving Gaethje too much of a hard time, but that’s what’s being foreshadowed imo.

Justin is the only fighter who isn't booked and ranked higher than Fiziev

Why would Fiziev chase a fight against someone ranked below him while he is on a 6 fight winning streak coming of a main event knock out win.

Edit: Fiziev is also on a 5 bonuses streak.
He doesn't want to fight somebody ranked lower than him but is shitting on Justin because he doesn't want to fight a guy ranked lower than him, makes sense :rolleyes:

Fizzy just has to understand that it's just business that American fighters must be protected and coddled in the UFC LW top 10
American lw fighters like tony ferguson, justin, poirier or chandler are hardly protected and fight plenty. Even in this context, justin had surgery and will take a fight early next year.

I don't understand where this narrative is coming from, as LW is actually one of the best functioning divisions in the UFC now after conor (from Ireland) left

He doesn't want to fight somebody ranked lower than him but is shitting on Justin because he doesn't want to fight a guy ranked lower than him, makes sense :rolleyes:
Fiziev is on a hell of a win streak.

Justin is 1-2 in his last 3. He needs to fight down the rankings.

Back