• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Fiziev goes in on Gaethje for refusing to fight him

If Justin's done demanding title shots then by all means, hunt down fun fights.

It does suck that Fiziev will have to fight down the ranks since there's no one else available atm, though he could just take some time off as well, which would be smart.

He should fight the loser of Chandler and Dustin, and Gaethje should fight Islam (if he loses to Charles), or Gamrot (if he beats Beneil.

I'm not sold on Fiziev being entitled to the Gaethje fight, he barely made it past RDA and Bobby Green. It's a fun matchup, but I can't say he deserves it, so I'm not surprised that Gaethje would ignore him.

He needs a big win before he starts acting like Gaethje owes him a fight, a close fight with RDA doesn't do it imo.

How is Gaethje even ranked? I could go 0-2 with 2 quick submission losses to Charles and Khabib. His last 5 wins are literally Chandler (no quality victories in the UFC,) Tony (0-4 since,) Cowboy (0-4-1 since,) Barboza (2-4 since,) and James Vick (0-4 since.) Cut him!

As long as Gaethje doesnt get Chandler, Poirier, Oliveira or Makhachev, he can take on whoever he wants, or not, just not anyone currently ranked in the top 5.

I think it's a fight Gaethje should actually take. Fiviez has a nice run and coming of that nice win over a established name like RDA.

And I think Gaethje KO's him in the later rounds after a back and forth fight.
Gaethje devolves into a sloppy banger once you take away his leg kicks.
Fiziev was the literal striking coach for Tiger Muay Thai, I think he’s seen a leg kick or two in his day.
Fiziev KO’s Gaethje easily.

At this point Fiziev should just fight Turner in December. Gaethje says he doesn't want to fight until March or April in England so Fiziev can get that fight after.
Terrible idea. That's the kind of matchmaking that has stagnated the division for a while now: match the up-and-comers against each other, while the veterans at the top squat on their rankings by continually fighting each other.

Guys like Justin, who are ranked highly but have lost multiple times in recent memory, should be forced to fight down in the rankings. He's received 2 title shots already: now it's time to prove he still deserves his ranking. That's how you keep the division moving.

He’s literally terrified of:
Arman
Gamrot
Dariush
Oliveira
Makchachev

maybe not Dariush but I really get the feeling he’s scared of elite grapplers.
he knows these guys beat him imo.
I dont know if scared is the right term, but he seems to be doing his best to avoid them for sure.

Justin should just keep staying away from that one. As a Justin fan Fiziev is a terrible stylistic matchup for him.

Duck away bro!

If Chandler wins his next fight they should run it back, that fight was bonkers and I could use another go!

Justin is the only fighter who isn't booked and ranked higher than Fiziev

Why would Fiziev chase a fight against someone ranked below him while he is on a 6 fight winning streak coming of a main event knock out win.

Edit: Fiziev is also on a 5 bonuses streak.
He's been calling out Justin and no one else repeatedly since before some of those guys were even booked. So no, that's not the reason lol.

Literally the only other ranked guy available besides Tony and Dan, who no one should be calling out to up their standings, is Jalin Turner. Even counting Ferg and Hooker, it doesn't make sense to make call outs backward, even if that's eventually what you gotta take when the contract is handed.
Isn't Jalin Turner injured? So I don't think he's even an option.

How is Gaethje even ranked? I could go 0-2 with 2 quick submission losses to Charles and Khabib. His last 5 wins are literally Chandler (no quality victories in the UFC,) Tony (0-4 since,) Cowboy (0-4-1 since,) Barboza (2-4 since,) and James Vick (0-4 since.) Cut him!
Pretty much every fight Gaethje has ever had in the UFC has been against a top 10 opponent. And you don't lose much in your rankings for getting submitted by the literal champion of the division. if the champ is actually the best guy then of course you're supposed to lose to him.

Fiziev should wait for the winner for Dariush and Gamrot.

Gaethje isn't fighting until January, February, or March per his words. Fiziev should move on because there is little chance Gaethje agrees to fight him right now.

Pretty much every fight Gaethje has ever had in the UFC has been against a top 10 opponent. And you don't lose much in your rankings for getting submitted by the literal champion of the division. if the champ is actually the best guy then of course you're supposed to lose to him.
I'm being hyperbolic, of course, but isn't that a crazy stat? I'll add Michael Johnson (3-6 since) and that means Gaethje's 6 UFC wins are a combined 6-22-1 after fighting him. So, were they truly top 10 caliber? Or were they cherry-picked, over-the-hill rank squatters? Rhetorical questions, just playing devil's advocate.
Similarly, his 4 losses have all been to undeniably great fighters in their primes but they also all finished him (and I just double-checked Sherdog PBP and confirmed he didn't win so much as one of the 10 rounds) so while there's not necessarily any shame in that, there's nothing particularly impressive about it either.
Not trying to hate on Justin (or pick a fight with you,) but I just noticed this now and I think it's really interesting.

They were all solid wins at the time he fought them, you can't use recent performances to discredit past wins. It would be like saying everyone who ever lost to Tony is weak, because Tony is 0-4 now.

Terrible idea. That's the kind of matchmaking that has stagnated the division for a while now: match the up-and-comers against each other, while the veterans at the top squat on their rankings by continually fighting each other.

Guys like Justin, who are ranked highly but have lost multiple times in recent memory, should be forced to fight down in the rankings. He's received 2 title shots already: now it's time to prove he still deserves his ranking. That's how you keep the division moving.

Activity keeps the division moving too. Guys waiting for the perfect fight with an opponent ranked above them is just as bad as the older guys only fighting themselves. Plus, part of the reason why all these older guys can fight each other and "rank squat" now is because they didnt fight each other when they were up and comers.

Upcomer vs. Upcomer is good. So is a vet vs. an upcomer.

The most important thing though is just activity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back