Five Years Ago Today, Holly Holm Did the World a Favor:

Sort of, but she is also 4 - 5 since beating Ronda, and 0 for 4 in title bouts. shrug.
She definitely got her wrestling and clinch game going for the last 2 fights, boring as all fuck but she is getting the Ws.
You could’ve argue she won that Germaine fight but yes I agree but she does fight every single top WMMA fighter ever. Shevchenko, Ronda, Nunes, Cyborg, Tate, Aldana, Megan and Pennington twice. She’s down to fight any and any women big balls.

and that's why I give her a full-time, life long pass. Whatever she wants to do, whenever. I approve. Except this stupid shit

Holly (and girls like her) know exactly what they’re doing when they put stuff like this up and it ain’t to show off their dance moves. Good for her though if she’s getting some publicity for it though. Holly Holm shorts is basically a meme here.

Holly is 4-5 since the Ronda fight, with her only wins being over bums.

Ronda would rip her arm off in a rematch.
Found the triggered ronda fan. HEAD MOVEMENT!
<{nope}>

<{nope}>

She got choked stiff by Meisha fucking Tate, a bum that Ronda disposed of easily, twice.

Think she would even consider a comeback at this point? She's only 33.

fUloVaL-Imgur.gif

Yes. I was always mystified at how much she was loved considering how unlovable she was. I told my waitress at Hooters that 'The Preacher's Daughter' was going to win, and when that neck kick landed, it was my happiest MMA moment ever.

I used to hate Ronda, but that win by Holly was probably one of the biggest flukes of all time. I think Holly gets beat 9/10 times in that fight.

WTF

It wasn't a one punch.

She stuffed multiple TDs, easily, fought off the armbar, and took Ronda down herself.

That was provably ghe most one-sided a defending champ has lost, male or female.

Maybe Shogun-Bones. or Eddie-Conor

Tate did not have better wrestling but Rousey had bought her own hype as a striker by this point and was loading up on punchs rather than using them as cover to try for the clinch.

main-qimg-82dc3923af14bd496e436252cd2a88fd
Yes, for sure, but Tate does have a better wrestling than Ronda and it shouldn't even be debatable to be honest.
Ronda did try to clinch and take down once he saw that she is clearly an inferior striker, but by that point she didn't have the wrestling at all to close the distance,
she was extending her arms trying to grab, like she did with Nunes. Obviously a bad idea.

I had a feeling Ronda wasn’t gonna be able to finish Holly easily like her last few fights but still had Ronda winning. After the 1st round it became apparent that Ronda’s stand up had nothing for Holly.

I used to hate Ronda, but that win by Holly was probably one of the biggest flukes of all time. I think Holly gets beat 9/10 times in that fight.

A fluke is usually something like Matt Serra on GSP but this wasn’t the case here. Ronda’s stand up showed so many holes this fight.

While I think Holly’s UFC career has been mostly mediocre, Ronda would have to improved her game a lot or style and gameplan cause her bull rushing style played right into Holly’s counter fighting.

What favor? WMMA is still here and it has not really gotten any more interesting.

<{nope}>
You don't have to be a triggered Ronda fan to face reality. Holly was not particularly impressive before beating Ronda, and she hasn't been particularly impressive since. She basically lost to every top 5 fighter she fought after the Ronda fight, Cyborg, Nunes, Valentina (GDR fight doesn't count for much), She honestly IMHO, just not that good of an MMA fighter.
Granted, recently she's started using her size and strength to wrestle and clinch her way to boring victories. Shrug.

My favorite was Ronda going on all the talk shows and playing the part of “inspiring female”, doing the SI shoots, couldn’t turn down an opportunity to talk about herself, before showing how she had zero heart and actually had no clue how to handle any adversity whatsoever

You could’ve argue she won that Germaine fight but yes I agree but she does fight every single top WMMA fighter ever. Shevchenko, Ronda, Nunes, Cyborg, Tate, Aldana, Megan and Pennington twice. She’s down to fight any and any women big balls.
She's down to fight for sure. I wouldn't call Megan or Pennington elite level fighters tho, certainly not on the level of Nunes, Val or Cyborg.
I don't dislike Holly, but I can honestly say aside from the Ronda fight, I don't think there's another fight of hers that I particularly enjoyed watching her in. She's a very boring fighter.

Back