Five Years Ago Today, Holly Holm Did the World a Favor:

Tate did not have better wrestling but Rousey had bought her own hype as a striker by this point and was loading up on punchs rather than using them as cover to try for the clinch.

main-qimg-82dc3923af14bd496e436252cd2a88fd
I watched the freebie of this again just yesterday, I think Ronda was slightly concussed at this stage, she'd eaten some nice shots from Holly at this point.

So? whats wrong with that?

It speaks to her character. She couldn't face anyone after the KO. She retreated & hid. That's not how champions should act or respond to a loss.

It speaks to her character. She couldn't face anyone after the KO. She retreated & hid. That's not how champions should act or respond to a loss.
so if paparazzi surprise ambush her outside of an airport the day after she got knocked out,which has never been done to any other fighter I've known,she is not entitled to some privacy??

Also she wasnt the champion anymore,and does not owe anybody shit.

Still ronda was more exciting for women's division than it is now, it desperately needs a star. I loved ronda fights because I knew a finish was coming. Too many wmma decision fighters now.
I don't know what you are referring too.

Nunes decimates opponents in more convincing fashion than Ronda ever did.

Weili is a huge star in China and many Asian countries and by numbers, that means more than Ronda was in US.

Shevchenko is an incredible fighter.

If you mean PPV, then I don't know. I would guess you are right.

If you mean Ronda's attitude and WWE face, then no. That shit stinks and made people believe Ronda's lies.
The less shitty attitude in MMA, the better.

I remember this fight as one of the most embarassing occasions of thrash talking overhyped fighter getting their just desserts. Ronda was fumblin' and tumblin' all over the octagon. Even got slammed by Holm. Actually felt a little bad for her.

I don't know what you are referring too.

Nunes decimates opponents in more convincing fashion than Ronda ever did.

Weili is a huge star in China and many Asian countries and by numbers, that means more than Ronda was in US.

Shevchenko is an incredible fighter.

If you mean PPV, then I don't know. I would guess you are right.

If you mean Ronda's attitude and WWE face, then no. That shit stinks and made people believe Ronda's lies.
The less shitty attitude in MMA, the better.
Ronda was still more interesting than all of them.

Really happy for Holly that night but it was also sad knowing now that it was Holly's peak and she never really followed up with other great performances after this night.

Really happy for Holly that night but it was also sad knowing now that it was Holly's peak and she never really followed up with other great performances after this night.
It was dissapointing yes. I thought the Miesha fight was exciting though at least. Her other fights,she is just really predictable and limited. She has all the ability in the world,but the way she is trained is not doing her any favors. Plus she is known as someone who doesnt really train on the ground.

You know I actually got dubbs for posting Miesha's?
I didnt think that would be a big deal.
Not even a fuckin warning hahaha
That’s fucked up. Mods need to give it a rest. Relax with some titties

Ronda couldn’t close the distance and get her down. Crazy because Tate did and choked her out.

Tate fought cautiously on the feet and waited for her opportunity. Ronda tried to force it and just walked forward into punches.

This just goes to show how important striking defense is for a grappler and that styles make fights.

Back