Five Years Ago Today, Holly Holm Did the World a Favor:

2E89F72800000578-0-image-a-9_1447782643261.jpg

It may have been a glorious moment, but wmma was still more exciting with her around.....
Yeah. It's weird. I was excited when Ronda was dethroned. But the truth is, it was fun when she was smashing all opposition left and right.

For me, WMMA is he most fun when there's a dominant champ who finishes almost all her fights.

There's never been a more deserving ko in wmma than this one.

I find Ronda insufferable and a shitty, shitty, shitty person.

But the tons of losers here thriving off her losses must be a new definition of pathetic.
I hope everyone watches you work full time and shits on you for your whole life over that one time you fucked up.
You people are the fucking worst.

Ronda bought into her own hype that she was one of the best strikers ever in a sea of strikers who trained striking since they were kids.

She really did look like a fish out of water in that fight for sure.

I used to hate Ronda, but that win by Holly was probably one of the biggest flukes of all time. I think Holly gets beat 9/10 times in that fight.

I was 50/50 if it was going to be, the KO or some short short shit.

I used to hate Ronda, but that win by Holly was probably one of the biggest flukes of all time. I think Holly gets beat 9/10 times in that fight.

Might have been a fluke if Holm caught ronda with a shot and finished quickly... But Holly landed about a 500 shot combo before ending Rousey, causing her to never recover.

Most of the time when I read about how long ago a fight was I always get that “ I can’t believe how long ago that was , it feels like it was yesterday” feel , but not with this fight for some odd reason, it legit feels like it was a long time ago

Ronda seems to bring out the worst in a lot of you guys. ......

One of the greatest holy shit moments in all of mma history. Tops list for me, 2nd might be Conor vs Aldo or Askren vs Mas

She also just beat the shit outta a top fellow BW with ease so no but you’re still living off PEDerson who’s lost 9 fights in a row.
Sort of, but she is also 4 - 5 since beating Ronda, and 0 for 4 in title bouts. shrug.
She definitely got her wrestling and clinch game going for the last 2 fights, boring as all fuck but she is getting the Ws.

She also just beat the shit outta a top fellow BW with ease so no but you’re still living off PEDerson who’s lost 9 fights in a row.

Holly is 4-5 since the Ronda fight, with her only wins being over bums.

Ronda would rip her arm off in a rematch.

Yeah, Tate had better wrestling, Ronda never learned any of that, she could just Judo throw you.

Tate did not have better wrestling but Rousey had bought her own hype as a striker by this point and was loading up on punchs rather than using them as cover to try for the clinch.

main-qimg-82dc3923af14bd496e436252cd2a88fd

Back