Fitch believes Hendricks could have beaten GSP

Hendricks probably has the worst shot at GSP of any current top 10 WW because of the way the two match up, it'd be an easier fight than the Kos rematch.

Hendricks has the punching power to put all welterweights and probably most middleweights into dream land.

Imo he has the best chance of anyone at ww to beat gsp, besides Maia.

"I think a shake-up could have happened if Johny Hendricks would have gotten the title shot. I think right now it looks like 'GSP' will probably defeat Diaz. The way it looks, I think there's a strong possibility the fight after that will probably be Marquardt just because it's champion vs. champion." - Jon Fitch via MMAJunkie

This is the only quote from Fitch from the linked article.

Am I missing something?

GSP has a tough head the kick from Condit proved it but if Hendricks connects that could be a new champion. GSP is tough to hit clean due to speed but if Hendricks finds a way it would shake up the division.

Of course he is gonna say that after Johnny stretched him out.
More likely though is that GSP does what GSP always does. Johnny has a hard time with wrestlers who can push the pace like Story, Pierce and Koscheck.

I have very little desire to see hendricks get a title shot. Hopefully Ellenberger KO's him.

most people have less desire to see Diaz get dominated. Hendricks has a far better chance.

I believe Hendrix can do it but if he doesn't KO gsp early he's in for a long night.

Unless Hendricks takes Jake down he is going to loose.

I completely agree with Fitch. GSP is going to man handle Diaz and take him down to the ground over and over again.

I don't think Diaz will be able to keep this fight up on the feet. And I don't see GSP been caught on a submission either. His BJJ is solid. Hendricks would have presented a bigger challenge than Diaz in my opinion.

UFC protecting their cash cow GSP?

Source: Jon Fitch believes Johny Hendricks could have beaten GSP if he'd gotten title shot over Diaz

Well, Fitch isn't exactly a credible person on this subject since Hendricks knocked him the fuck out in like 10 seconds

Unless Hendricks takes Jake down he is going to loose.

This. Ellenberger is no joke on the feet, and his wrestling is solid. I hope GSP sticks around long enough to fight both Johnny and Jake.

Maybe, maybe not. One thing for sure is, Hendricks has a better chance of beating GSP than Diaz.

If Hendricks lands one of those H-bombs of his, GSP could be in serious trouble is not like he has the best chin in the world

If Condit landed a hard left hook GSP would have been out, if Kos landed a big hook GSP would have been out, if Alves had landed a head kick GSP would have been out, if Hardy had landed a lead left hook GSP would have been out.

Are you seeing a pattern?

Anyone can beat anyone these days, although some have a better chance than others. Gsp has only been caught in a submission once and it was against Matt Hughes!

Depends on what you mean by "caught in a submission". He's only lost once, but GSP has been caught several times, he just usually gets out.

Good for Fitch, I recall most of his predictions going wrong...

Hendricks is the only LEGITIMATE threat to the WW title right now. Diaz has a great chance but Im less optimistic about him pulling it off than I used to be

Back