Fitch believes Hendricks could have beaten GSP

ElTorro**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Of course he is gonna say that after Johnny stretched him out.
More likely though is that GSP does what GSP always does. Johnny has a hard time with wrestlers who can push the pace like Story, Pierce and Koscheck.

I have very little desire to see hendricks get a title shot. Hopefully Ellenberger KO's him.

Anyone can beat anyone these days, although some have a better chance than others. Gsp has only been caught in a submission once and it was against Matt Hughes!

Of course he is gonna say that after Johnny stretched him out.
More likely though is that GSP does what GSP always does. Johnny has a hard time with wrestlers who can push the pace like Story, Pierce and Koscheck.

I have very little desire to see hendricks get a title shot. Hopefully Ellenberger KO's him.

If Hendricks lands one of those H-bombs of his, GSP could be in serious trouble is not like he has the best chin in the world

How long will Gsp keep ducking Hendricks?

didn't fitch believe that fitch could beat gsp once upon a time, that didn't really work out too well. hendricks has power when he loads up, but it's not likely he's going to get that shot off against gsp.

Hendricks isn't coming off a loss. How do we give a title shot to someone not coming off a loss?

How long will Gsp keep ducking Hendricks?

Haters will look for any reason to discredit a fighter. GSP has avenged every loss of his in the UFC. There's nobody in his division he can't beat. I would love to see him finish some fights, but for whatever reason he just doesn't have that killer instinct anymore.

I completely agree with Fitch. GSP is going to man handle Diaz and take him down to the ground over and over again.

I don't think Diaz will be able to keep this fight up on the feet. And I don't see GSP been caught on a submission either. His BJJ is solid. Hendricks would have presented a bigger challenge than Diaz in my opinion.

UFC protecting their cash cow GSP?

Source: Jon Fitch believes Johny Hendricks could have beaten GSP if he'd gotten title shot over Diaz

yeah, I think Mia and Hendricks are GSP biggest threats. But, after the Condit fight, I think Diaz would do better then Condit off his back. So it may be a harder fight for GSP against Diaz. Its just hard to tell, really, but it looks to favor GSP style wise....thats why I say hendricks and MIA are the biggest threats...but GSP will probably just strike with Demian Mia, and wrestle Hendricks...in the future though, Gunnar Nelson looks promising too.

Hendricks isn't coming off a loss. How do we give a title shot to someone not coming off a loss?
Name recognition, same way they're giving Edgar a title shot after two loses in a division his never fought in.

Helll noo... Once Koscheck decided to wrestle, he was owning Johnny. Can you imagine what GSP would do? Especially a GSP who doesn't wanna get hit by Johnny?

Of course he could, it's just not likely. Like Fitch getting a rematch, that's how bad his beating was.

fitch_after_gsp.jpg

He said Could, not Would.

Hendricks could have win just like Penn, Alves, Condit, Kos, Fitch, etc... could have win against GSP.

Oh course Fitch is rooting for Hendricks because he knows that would earn himself a title shot way faster than if GSP is champ. GSP outclassed Fitch everywhere the fight went for 5 rounds including 3 knockdowns while Hendricks got a quick knockout. Seeing how Velasquez/JDS II turned out we all know that quick knockout doesn't warantee a win in the rematch.

That being said, Im a fan of Fitch and wouldn't mind him fighting Hendricks or GSP at all.

Of course Johny could have upset GSP, he has the power to win any fight with one punch. However, the most likely outcome would have been GSP winning a 5 round decision.

Hendricks will get his turn if he keeps on winning.

I think GSP would kick Hendricks's ass but if hendricks lands one punch the chin, it's nighty night for GSP.

If Hendricks lands one of those H-bombs of his, GSP could be in serious trouble is not like he has the best chin in the world

Yes. Because gsp has shown himself to have a glass jaw in how many fights?

Oh right. Zero.

Back