Fitch believes Hendricks could have beaten GSP

Hard for me to like Fitch.

A while back he was saying that Hendricks got so lucky against him, he was hurt.

Now, he's just legit and would beat GSP.. which is it Fitch.. did he get a lucky punch or is he the best WW out there....

this guy

Also, I think Nick Diaz is going to put up a fight.. and just the idea of him beating champion is fun enough for me to be down to watch it

Well his fist of doom is a pretty valuable tool.
But I think GSP would be very aware of that.

Lol Hendricks will have to wait an extra 3 months and Sherdog is filled with fake outrage just cause they hate Diaz.

GSP asked for the diaz fiht , remember it was slated and he has a grudge. No ducking involved. And it will happen if Hendricks is that worthy..

Fitch has the worst case of sour grapes in the UFC.

I don't blame him for being upset, he did get a raw deal... but he carries a lot of this bitterness towards GSP, like most of GSP's demolished opponents.

Any of GSP's opponents could have beaten him, but they didn't. They all had chances to hit him or submit him. He was too good for all of them, period.

Besides Hughes and Serra of course.

Anyone can beat anyone these days, although some have a better chance than others. Gsp has only been caught in a submission once and it was against Matt Hughes!

Anybody can beat anybody, except if they're called GSP or AS.

yeah, I think Mia and Hendricks are GSP biggest threats. But, after the Condit fight, I think Diaz would do better then Condit off his back. So it may be a harder fight for GSP against Diaz. Its just hard to tell, really, but it looks to favor GSP style wise....thats why I say hendricks and MIA are the biggest threats...but GSP will probably just strike with Demian Mia, and wrestle Hendricks...in the future though, Gunnar Nelson looks promising too.

Wrestle Hendricks...

Haha... I guess he could do that but Johny has probably the most overrated striking in the history of the sport now.

Having power will make people believe in you I guess.

GSP is 10x the striker Johny is.

GSP thinks so too, which is why he's fighting Diaz.

Quack Quack homie.

Personally i'd pick Fitch in a rematch against Hendricks. Much like Cain vs JDS I , GSP vs Serra 1 ect i just think he was caught and that's a no no against a guy with power like Hendricks. I think if he is careful Fitch would wrestlefuck him on the ground if he can take him down.

As far as GSP goes , a guy with Hendricks power can beat anyone if he lands flush so i agree with Fitch that he can beat him. That said i think GSP is just too good to get caught by that left hand and would just dismantle Hendricks both on the feet and on the ground.

yeah, I think Mia and Hendricks are GSP biggest threats. But, after the Condit fight, I think Diaz would do better then Condit off his back. So it may be a harder fight for GSP against Diaz. Its just hard to tell, really, but it looks to favor GSP style wise....thats why I say hendricks and MIA are the biggest threats...but GSP will probably just strike with Demian Mia, and wrestle Hendricks...in the future though, Gunnar Nelson looks promising too.

Did you just say Maia was a threat to GSP? Hs only realistic chance to win is on the ground, and hell freezes over before Maia takes GSP down, horrible matchup for Maia and I like the guy, but we are not in 1993.

UFC protecting their cash cow GSP?

They're not protecting him, they're cashing in on him. GSP/Diaz is highly likely to bring in more PPV buys than GSP/Hendricks, simple as that. Everyone knows that Hendricks is more deserving of the title shot but the UFC is a business.

Jonny will get his shot anyway as long as he doesn't lose and everything is going to be right with the universe.

Maia would offer no threat to GSP. He cannot match GSP's pace and would gas out by the second round.

The past tense almost makes it seem like he may never get a shot. I don't agree with Diaz getting the next crack at the title, but I do believe Hendricks will undoubtedly get the next shot if he beats Ellenberger. I know there's talk of champion vs champion, but given Dana's history with Marquardt and the training history with GSP, I honestly see Hendricks getting the shot. Plus with the uproar of fans saying "WTF?" on Hnedrick's behalf, I don't see how they could sideline him even further. I guess you never know though.

I disagree, but surely he have waaay better chance than Diaz

I think that Diaz will be an easier fight for GSP than Hendricks would be. This may be an effort by Dana to give GSP a little more time to recover before throwing him into the fire with Hendricks and (hopefully) Silva.

I think that Diaz will be an easier fight for GSP than Hendricks would be. This may be an effort by Dana to give GSP a little more time to recover before throwing him into the fire with Hendricks and (hopefully) Silva.

I think it's more of a money situation with the GSP/Diaz fight. GSP obviously has a chip on his shoulder about the whole thing and more than likely pursued Dana about a fight with him. I imagine Diaz probably wouldn't come out of retirement unless he got the immediate shot since he believes he beat Condit in the first place, then it's as simple as Dana seeing the potential big money and the rest is history. Of course that's all speculation.

I love Jon Fitch, but Jon Fitch will say anything that makes him look better. Of course he's gonna say that Hendricks would beat GSP since Hendricks beat him. Now you might think "well so did GSP", but Fitch is trying to convince people he would beat GSP at this point.

Back