First trip to Thailand for a 3-month camp!

I too am so delusional I think 3-6 months in Thailand then going back home I can become the best fighter in my country. I definitely wouldn't have to sacrifice part of my full time job that affords me the opportunity to even go to Thailand in the first place.

It's why I suggested he just do it casually. You sacrifice a lot to be a good fighter let alone one of the best. What do I know though I'm just some guy on sherdog.

Going to Thailand to train to win a regional belt in an unnamed country is not delusion. It's not like he said "it should only take one visit to Thailand to accomplish this" - he just said that it is his goal...which seems fine? What else should his goal be?

He can travel for up to 6 months because of his job so going to Thailand for 3 months doesn't seem risky. Could be saving money for all we know living in Thailand.

I don't know why you think what he is doing is so crazy. Going to Thailand to train in Muay Thai is a pretty standard thing. He didn't say he's going to be the ONE champion or that he is crossing over from having the Commonwealth title in boxing. Just think you're being harsh.

I too am so delusional I think 3-6 months in Thailand then going back home I can become the best fighter in my country. I definitely wouldn't have to sacrifice part of my full time job that affords me the opportunity to even go to Thailand in the first place.

It's why I suggested he just do it casually. You sacrifice a lot to be a good fighter let alone one of the best. What do I know though I'm just some guy on sherdog.

I know some Muay Thai fighters that fight in One that literally rather sacrificed their boring job to go to Thailand and train and be a fighter and it has paid off for them. So bad take you sound like you're projecting a bit of your own insecurities ITT

I know some Muay Thai fighters that fight in One that literally rather sacrificed their boring job to go to Thailand and train and be a fighter and it has paid off for them. So bad take you sound like you're projecting a bit of your own insecurities ITT

Take your sherdog psychology to somewhere useful. Must be OPs original account.

Going to Thailand to train to win a regional belt in an unnamed country is not delusion. It's not like he said "it should only take one visit to Thailand to accomplish this" - he just said that it is his goal...which seems fine? What else should his goal be?

He can travel for up to 6 months because of his job so going to Thailand for 3 months doesn't seem risky. Could be saving money for all we know living in Thailand.

I don't know why you think what he is doing is so crazy. Going to Thailand to train in Muay Thai is a pretty standard thing. He didn't say he's going to be the ONE champion or that he is crossing over from having the Commonwealth title in boxing. Just think you're being harsh.

Then hopefully he uses it as motivation. I won't be losing sleep at night waiting for the thread where I'm wrong.

@luckykal

Got any social media to follow?

Best wishes.
I never made it to Thailand to train but a lot of friends and fellow students did.
Well over 10 years ago and a lot seems to have changed with the names and clubs.

Best wishes for your goals.

Hello guys, I hope i picked the right forum to post this in!

I have ambitions to win the championship belt of my country in Muay Thai and my job allows me to travel 3-6 months every winter, since this will be my first trip to Thailand I'll stay 3 months which I guess is a decent amount of time!

So, why the thread?
I have been reasearching for what seems like AGES on what camp to go to. I don't want to try different ones, I want to book a hotel close to camp and just bite down and go hard for 3 months, I have scouted a few gyms and I'd like your input/thoughts of the gyms I mentioned, also if you have any other tips of gyms i havent mentioned you are more than welcome to do so!

What am I looking to get out of the gym during my stay?
  • EXPERIENCED trainers who fought in big arenas and know what they are doing
  • Trainers that put alot of attention to detail and proper technique (Correcting you)
  • A gym where you can get alot of individual attention during group training
  • A gym where the Trainers speak at least "ok" english
  • Not a commertional gym like Tiger Muay Thai or Top Rank (Too crowded and possibility for individual help decreases drasticly)
  • Training 2 times per day (I know pretty standard but still)
  • Nice atmosphere aka "Family vibe"
The gyms I have scouted out so far, my favorites so far from top to bottom:
  • Sitjaopho - Seems to have absolutely everything I ask for, I know that Tho is always at the Gym and his brother has been in Sweden alot, I wonder if he's brother is back in Thailand? Other than that they seem to have everything I look for: Friendly, highly skillfull, very technique focused, alot of attention given to those who show they want it, good english
  • Singpatong Sitnumnoi - Seems to be a very hardcore gym, don't know much about It since they barely have any information about the trainers, but from what I've read/heard and seen on youtube, it seems like a very serious gym which would fit me very well.
  • Sitsongpeenong - Seems to have everything I ask for, only that It was rather expensive. Food, training and accomodation for 3 months was 157500 baht = 4793$ But I could maybe find a cheap hotel nearby instead.
  • [These top 3 are really head to head, could go with either]

• Santai (Close to moving up) - I heard alot of positive things about Santai, the trainers have very good resumees, AND ITS CHEAP. 42000 Baht (1280$) for 3 months + a "fighters house" a small place with AC, king size bed, shower with warm water and all the basic stuff you need.
  • Attachai - Heard good things but website still under construction, so I'm waiting for more information on that front.
  • Khunsuek - Where superbon trains, Trainer Gae also spend alot of time here. Gym is very modern, good accomodations on spot, but heard it's more of a cardio session rather than learning good and proper techniques

So! Any tips, thoughts and ideas are warmly welcome!

Cheers
Lucky
Tiger Muay Thai has alot of different people there not just Thais. Alot of high level MMA guys train there too so I doubt you would be training with really small guys for most of your time.

Back