• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social First show with Lzzy Hale taking over as lead singer for Skid Row

She looks like a young Sebastian Bach

I like Bon Jovi great fun rock band in their day. Who doesn't like Living on a Prayer or You give love a bad name? Saw them live myself brilliant gig.

Skid Row wasn't glam rock. Famous power ballad singles aside, they went pretty hard.
I seen them here in town with Pantera on their Slave to the Grind tour back in 91 when I was 17.

That was one of the most rockin' shows that I have been to.

I never considered Skid Row to be Hair or Glam rock/metal. I always put them in the same category with bands like Jackyl.

Slave to the Grind is a banger from start to finish. STTG was the first metal album to ever debut at #1 on the billboard charts.

It's ok man...

I saw Bon Jovi too...Nickleback opened for them... I am shamed
Brah you double shamed there lol.

Yeah I caught a bunch shit from friends over it- all in fun. I came of age listening to Metal and gangster rap like most dumbass teens in the late 80s early 90s.

A) She is ALMOST as pretty as a younger Sébastien Bach with similar size chest

B) Her voice is way way way better than current Sebastián live.

Humans were not designed to be able to sing like gods and party like Rockstars for 30+ years.

-----------

Now the level of difficulty of Bach's studio vocals is insane and I doubt many singers could pull it off live.

Maybe...

Ken Tamplin or
the replacement dudes from Journey
or Alice in Chains
or a few Broadway guys*

C) She did pretty good but I definitely feel the different in power, growl and rasp.

When girls sing male parts there is some missing, personally, fairly important nuances.

Bach could bring the bottom end.
Not necessarily crazy low in terms of notes/range, but more in terms of resonance and fullness.

you know what i mean.
for lack of a less super duper gay as fuck way to put it... Girth.

But yeah..cool. if this means people can continue to enjoy those great songs in a live show capacity, fucking amazing.

What happened to Sebastian Bach ?
<{vega}>

He partied his balls off for 35 years and got old.

He is still alìving and doing solo stuff.

The band got sick of him and kicked him out for being a diva and from all available evidence without actually researching it, they were probably justified in doing so.

Bon Jovi was a great concert win I saw them with Cinderella opening up.

I'm jealous.

I dug cinderella.
Under rated band in my opinion.

I started playing piano at age 8 or so in about 1987.
Cinderella is basically how I learned to sing falsetto (he uses quite a lot of falsetto in his vocals)

I got their album "Heartbreak Station"
(I think, I'm old and that was a long time ago) either by shoplifting or part of scamming Columbia house for their 15 albums for a penny plus shipping handling deal.

Don't Know What You Got (Till Its Gone)
and
Nobody's Fool

Are among the first songs I learned to play/sing.
Along with "Home Sweet Home" By Motley Crüe

Last edited:
Brah you double shamed there lol.

Yeah I caught a bunch shit from friends over it- all in fun. I came of age listening to Metal and gangster rap like most dumbass teens in the late 80s early 90s.

First cassette tape I ever owned was a stocking stuffer gift of Slippery When Wet.

My ipod is an eclectic mix of Bon Jovi to Bone Thugz, Black Sabbath to Brooks.

Fuckit man.

First cassette tape I ever owned was a stocking stuffer gift of Slippery When Wet.

My ipod is an eclectic mix of Bon Jovi to Bone Thugz, Black Sabbath to Brooks.

Fuckit man.
They Got 2 songs I sort of like Blaze of Glory and Wanted Dead or Alive.

I'm jealous.

I dug cinderella.
Under rated band in my opinion.

I started playing piano at age 8 or so in about 1987.
Cinderella is basically how I learned to sing falsetto (he uses quite a lot of falsetto in his vocals)

I got their album "Heartbreak Station"
(I think, I'm old and that was a long time ago) either by shoplifting or part of scamming Columbia house for their 15 albums for a penny plus shipping handling deal.

Don't Know What You Got (Till Its Gone)
and
Nobody's Fool

Are among the first songs I learned to play/sing.
Along with "Home Sweet Home" By Motley Crüe

Cinderella was probably my favorite "Hair" band from the 80's

Lzzy Hale actually performed several times with Tom Keifer over the years.

She sounds great, and is still a hottie. Halestorm had covered some Skid Row in the past and did a great job.

The rest of the vids from the show are HERE

Yo... thank you.

Skid Row was my favorite band for a while growing up and definitely would hold a prominent place in the musical backdrop of my formative years.

(I Remember You was the first song I learned on guitar, along with Every Rose Has Its Thorn, as they are nearly they exact song riff/chords)

Now because of your thread I know they are still touring, still playing the songs I would want to hear, playing them well and doing so at a pretty attainable price point.

Fuckin A baby... I just might get a chance to check a box on my bucket list that I was not aware was still eligible to be checked.
(If they come to my commie shithole state, but hopefully they will as this is literally where they started.)

Dude I saw them in 89 at Nausau Collesium they opened for a band I won't admit I went to see EVER!! Definitley seemed Glam rock to me maybe not on the Level of Motley Crue or Poison but I definitley think they were.

Motley Crue was harder than Skid Row and they are like poster boys for glam Rock with Poison

I saw them in London opening for Crue with White Lion in the middle.

I remember Skid Row after the first album and that tour saying that the first album was toned down but after that it would be more heavy which they were.

Also got lucky that a friend acquired all access passes to a venue in London thanks to his job when Skid Row toured with Love/ Hate so we basically saw everything and everyone except Sebastian Bach...

Kind of odd seeing these supposedly hard living individuals picking over the choice of a finger buffet placed on rickety plastic tables covered with a disposable tablecloth....not exactly my impression of rock n roll...

Back