Elections First Ever Transgender State Senator Elected

It's too bad no one has attempted to actually address my OP. This isn't just a "hooray for the trans lady" thread.
I do find it interesting how we are supposed to call this person by her preferred pronouns but also simultaneously acknowledge that they aren't really a woman since then her transgenderism wouldn't need to be mentioned at all

Shit like this just seems like it's meant to be intentionally decisive and keep a certain amount of people away from supporting the democratic party

201104004423-sarah-mcbride-exlarge-169.jpg

I find the media's coverage of this milestone by Sarah McBride a little perplexing for the following reason.

When members of a certain branch of feminism suggest that a trans woman's experience of womanhood within the culture is fundamentally different than the experience of a biological woman's they are pilloried by a certain segment of the left.

On the other hand, while we know that many, many women have become both state and US senators prior to 2020, McBride is being singled out and congratulated by this same segment of the left for her unique achievement - due to her being a trans woman.

Is this not evidence that those who condemn allegedly "anti-trans" feminists ultimately make the same exact distinction between trans women and biological women in terms of their very different experiences within the culture?

Why do only some get to decide when a transgender woman may be considered a woman and when she is to be considered a "woman +"? Why isn't all such differentiation labeled transphobia?
Those are great questions. It feels like an attempt at erasing womanhood and replacing it with a male stereotype of femininity.

Anyway, how do they know this is the first? You literally can’t tell if someone is a man or woman!

Dude, maybe I'm just not with the times or maybe i'm too high but I legitimately cannot understand what you are trying to say. I got lost in all the trans cis feminist terminology in the op.
Yes, it gets confusing. A trans woman is a woman who wasn't a woman but was a man, while a trans man is a man who was a woman but is actually a man.
Anti-trans feminists are women that dislike trans women. These are bad. The pro-trans feminists are women who like trans women but they're also kind of bad because they like them too much, giving them too much preference. I guess they're like the "real racists", the "real transphobes".

Back