First Croatian UFC Champ

You also risk teh Uberknee when you got for a TD. I think Reem's got some of the best in the game, Brock couldn't even take him down, I don't think a lot of ppl have that I can remember.
I don't think allot of Ppl remember too the overoid at the time. The one that was over 265lbs and horse meat.

He's American Croatian, a bit of both... So it's not untrue to call him either Croatian or American...

Canadian Serb here, fully support Stipe because he's a hero to his commumity, badass fighter and a good guy. He's Croatian American, and both countries should be proud of what they delivered to mma. Lets stop the hate.

Canada is very culturally divided no wonder you feel more of an affiliation toward a country you are only linked to by relatives.

He could claim both Croatian and American for all I care. Even White Pride if he wants too lol.

So many American fighters now bringing out other countries flags like it's the Olympics. They are recognizing their heritage.

Example of this is when Team Pettis brings out both the Puerto Rico and Mexico flags, also featured CM Punk.

PvFjMqN.jpg

UFC probably loves this anyways since it adds to their marketing to more fans globally.

Last edited:
Canada is very culturally divided no wonder you feel more of an affiliation toward a country you are only linked to by relatives.

If you wanna get into specifics, I'm a Bosnian Serb (by place of birth), to two Serbian parents. I came to Canada as a youth. I've lived in Canada for 2 decades, so it wouldn't be right if I didn't include that part.

As for Stipe, like me, he is a product of two cultures. While he is 100% Croatian by blood, it takes more than just genetics to succeed in sports or life. Stipe had access to years of American training programs to develop his athleticism and wrestling. Had he stayed in the Balkans, he may have very well died in some bullshit war. It took both cultures to make him, and I respect the fact that he recognizes that.

Ok, then there's no genetic differences anywhere, we're all just mixed w each other.

It's a unique Slavic haplotype, it's not racist, there is tons of sources that say it's a unique enough to be genetically distinguished. You have not idea what you're talking about and just want to flame cuz you think I'm racist about Croatia. IDC I don't have anything against Serbs but it is its own genetic profile.

No it doesn't.

You might as well claim Zagreb has its own genetic profile seperate from Split.

You can't tell a Pole from a German, a Frenchman from a German looking at genes, let alone a Serb from a Croat. A Nigerian from a Scot, yes. Or very specific isolated ethnic groups from their neighbors. Basques have specific genetic markers as well as a language that doesn't have the same roots as their neighbors. Croats and Serbs don't.

Your knowledge of genetics is bullshit. Go and Google your shit. There is no difference genetically between you and your uncle who was shooting at his cousin five times removed in 1990. Religion, history and dialect are the differences. Not even language as such.

Last edited:
Maybe we can coax Tim Sylvia out of retirement and the have the most undeserving UFC heavyweight super fight due to any lack of depth in the UFC heavyweight division

I'd take Sylvia vs Stipe over a possible Browne vs Stipe, god that fight can't even headline a fightpass card in an empty stadium.

Marcus Davis went around with the irish flag coming out to Dropkick Murphys (American band from boston somewhere around there) claiming he was as Irish as people from Donegal or Galway. .. he became a national joke in Ireland and got a geniality test done and turns out he is English heritage..... but by your logic he's the first irish person to fight in the ufc? ?? for srs?

Thus he has 100% Croatian heritage, and that's fair, he still remains an American due to the fact that he was born in America...

Note he is also: (to my knowledge)

The first HW champ to look exactly like he does,
The first HW champ to have the name first name Stipe,
The first HW champ to win the belt last night,
The first HW champ to have the last name Miocic

You can pretty much make up lots of shit that doesn't matter from this point on.

Ppl were waaaaay under-rating Stipe. And I said Werdum's striking, while good and improved is over-rated.

He played this fight very smart.

Werdum has been training Muy Thai for just a few years while Stipe is a former Golden Gloves champion.
It was clear he had Werdum flustered with the leg kicks, and was smart for using them while he was using angles, Fabricio was just bullrushing straight forward.

I think the failed TD, Miocic's speed and refusal to clinch with Werdum just got him desperate.

Unfortunately, I think Overeem is a bad match-up for Stipe because of his excellent striking, strength and power. But fortunately Reem does not have much of a jaw anymore from all his battles.
I'm pretty sure stipe was born in the USA.

It's understandable for Stipe to identify with his Croatian roots while being an American. Why does anyone have a problem with this? He has Croatian parents that speak the language and has close family in Croatia, and even trained there with Cro Cop at his invitation. Maybe the UFC is playing it up to attract European fans, but why wouldn't they?
http://m.ufc.com/news/stipe-Miocic-...fb_comment_id=743659955750681_745495115567165

Congrats to Stipe! OK, I'm biased since my Mom's parents were Croatian immigrants to America. Szretan Bozic! (Sorry, I only hear Croatian over the holidays when I see my cousins.)

yeah, but your parents aren't black African American, while his parents are Croatian, notice the difference...

So who was the first "African" UFC champ? I bet the continent of Africa were dancing in the streets when Jones won the belt if he is "African" Just joking he doesn't have anything to do with Africa only his relatives were from there!

So who was the first "African" UFC champ? I bet the continent of Africa were dancing in the streets when Jones won the belt if he is "African" Just joking he doesn't have anything to do with Africa only his relatives were from there!
Yes, the continent of Africa was dancing when Jones became Champ, what are you on son? I want some of that shit too...

Back