First Croatian UFC Champ

What does being white have to do with it ?? So then French ppl are also Americans cuz they're white ??

He's a Croatian American because Croatian is a genetic distinction and both his parents were. Do you have a problem w ppl calling Obama African-American or him speaking about his Kenyan heritage ??

Ppl who are descendants of immigrants often have strong feelings for those countries, you'd understand this if you were one.

No wonder the Balkans are fucked. You dumbasses think Croat is a genetic category. You're genetically identical to your Serb neighbours.

Let me tell you you've got ancestors who were nationally Serb, Turk, Hungarian, Slovenian and Austrian German. Everybody married and raped everybody.

Yeah we don't want anything to do w Serbs until they become famous, then we claim them as Croats.

They're pretty close genetically, its all just diff Southern Slavic tribes w same language so it's ok.

Zlatan Abrahamovic is also Croat.

A sensible nonracist Croat.

No wonder the Balkans are fucked. You dumbasses think Croat is a genetic category. You're genetically identical to your Serb neighbours.

Let me tell you you've got ancestors who were nationally Serb, Turk, Hungarian, Slovenian and Austrian German. Everybody married and raped everybody.

They are close but it is a different distinction from Serbs and Bosnians. It was a seperate tribe for long enough, it's not invented and there was always animosity between it and the other tribes so the centuries of isolation and interbreeding give it a genetic distinction.

As far as the mixing, sure all races probably has some very minor percentage of another. But most Europeans are 100% of one ethnicity whereas in US its extremely mixed. When someone in the US says they're Irish it means their half Irish, half French, half German and the rest Polish. When someone
in EU says they're an ethnicity it usually means they can trace their race 4-5 generations back with one ethnicity.

They are close but it is a different distinction from Serbs and Bosnians. It was a seperate tribe for long enough, it's not invented and there was always animosity between it and the other tribes so the centuries of isolation and interbreeding give it a genetic distinction.

As far as the mixing, sure all races probably has some very minor percentage of another. But most Europeans are 100% of one ethnicity whereas in US its extremely mixed. When someone in the US says they're Irish it means their half Irish, half French, half German and the rest Polish. When someone
in EU says they're an ethnicity it usually means they can trace their race 4-5 generations back with one ethnicity.

No fucking genetic distinction.

Same as Germans are genetically the most bastard race in Europe.

Read up some nonracist science not pseudoscientific 19th century bullshit.

No fucking genetic distinction.

Same as Germans are genetically the most bastard race in Europe.

Read up some nonracist science not pseudoscientific 19th century bullshit.

Ok, then there's no genetic differences anywhere, we're all just mixed w each other.

It's a unique Slavic haplotype, it's not racist, there is tons of sources that say it's a unique enough to be genetically distinguished. You have not idea what you're talking about and just want to flame cuz you think I'm racist about Croatia. IDC I don't have anything against Serbs but it is its own genetic profile.

Genes do differ from country to country
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-DNA_haplogroups_by_ethnic_group

It is true genes don't overlap perfectly with national borders, but in general there are differences between nations on average. You can estimate whether somebody's genes overlap more with Croatia's data or with Serbia's data.

Identity is nowadays more a matter of choice than anything else (ethnicity, ancestry, genetics). So if he considers him Croatian, I guess he is and no one can deny that.

In my view, he probably has more characteristics of an American because that's where he grew up. I'm sure he did pick up some stuff from his parents, but that's not comparable to growing up in Croatia.

Four European UFC champions:
Bas Rutten
Andrei Arlovski
Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Conor McGregor

That's it for now.

Ppl were waaaaay under-rating Stipe. And I said Werdum's striking, while good and improved is over-rated.

He played this fight very smart.

Werdum has been training Muy Thai for just a few years while Stipe is a former Golden Gloves champion.
It was clear he had Werdum flustered with the leg kicks, and was smart for using them while he was using angles, Fabricio was just bullrushing straight forward.

I think the failed TD, Miocic's speed and refusal to clinch with Werdum just got him desperate.

Unfortunately, I think Overeem is a bad match-up for Stipe because of his excellent striking, strength and power. But fortunately Reem does not have much of a jaw anymore from all his battles.
Miocic would be wise to take reem down

Miocic would be wise to take reem down

Calcureem has excellent TDD and a real low stance to generate power and prevent TDs. I think Stipe would crack the glass jaw. He may absorb a few but he's way fresher than Calcureem so I think his chances are better.

I think Reem is also slow even with his weight loss, Stipe's in and out style doesn't suit him well tho he did beat JDS.

I haven't seen that fight so Ill have to watch it to see what his strategy was.

Calcureem has excellent TDD and a real low stance to generate power and prevent TDs. I think Stipe would crack the glass jaw. He may absorb a few but he's way fresher than Calcureem so I think his chances are better.

I think Reem is also slow even with his weight loss, Stipe's in and out style doesn't suit him well tho he did beat JDS.

I haven't seen that fight so Ill have to watch it to see what his strategy was.
Miocic does throw some heat, he could starch reem if he connects. If he could take him down though, he would be in very little danger.

Miocic does throw some heat, he could starch reem if he connects. If he could take him down though, he would be in very little danger.

You also risk teh Uberknee when you got for a TD. I think Reem's got some of the best in the game, Brock couldn't even take him down, I don't think a lot of ppl have that I can remember.

Ok, then there's no genetic differences anywhere, we're all just mixed w each other.

It's a unique Slavic haplotype, it's not racist, there is tons of sources that say it's a unique enough to be genetically distinguished. You have not idea what you're talking about and just want to flame cuz you think I'm racist about Croatia. IDC I don't have anything against Serbs but it is its own genetic profile.
stick it to 'em!!!

You also risk teh Uberknee when you got for a TD. I think Reem's got some of the best in the game, Brock couldn't even take him down, I don't think a lot of ppl have that I can remember.
not really since the pride days has he gotten taken down, but it can be done. Miocic could ground and pound reem out quick on the ground I feel.

1. American is not an ethnicity its a citizenship.
  2. If you did a genetic test on him it would reveal he is Croatian: therefore, he is Croatian.
  3. Have you heard of African-Americans, are they not African??
American is so much more than a mere citizenship; it's a culture comprised of people who share the same experience and have similar ethics and morals that were learned from this culture. Black Americans are not African. African-American is the dumbest term ever invented because it doesn't even make sense; most blacks in America have 25% or more European genetics in their blood, so it's stupid to call them "African" because some ancestor of theirs hundreds of years ago shared the same skin color and lived in Africa. Caucasian is a stupid term as well. Stipe is an American of Croatian descent; he's not a Croatian himself. The most defining characteristics of Stipe, his background, where he grew up, what language he speaks, the culture he's a part of, is American, so to call him "Croat" just because he has genetics linking him to Croatia, is stupid, when the American characteristics are what truly define him and are far more important than some minor genetic link.

For example, Alistair Overeem was born to a Jamaican father and Dutch mother in Britian where he lived until he was 6 and moved to the Netherlands; he refers to himself as "Dutch" because the formative years of his life were spent in the Netherlands.

Canadian Serb here, fully support Stipe because he's a hero to his commumity, badass fighter and a good guy. He's Croatian American, and both countries should be proud of what they delivered to mma. Lets stop the hate.

So you can benefit off American society, it's laws and economic prosperity and freedoms (none of which Croatia has) be born and live off America for your whole life and then choose to be Croatian?
Wow how ungrateful!

Stipe should move to his Croatia then. a country which its own youth are deserting at every opportunity!
A black man is still black even in america. Its called being african american.

Stipe is croatian american.

You probably dont have a heritage to be proud of thats why you want everyone not to have one.

America is a place you can choose to belong to...croatian is a blood you are born with and have no choice...its in your dna...

Croat is an ethnic category, u obviously dont know what ethnicity is, if his parents are Croats that lived in Croatia, and if they are first generation of immigrants, than it is impossible that Miocic is not a Croat, he is a Croat that was born in USA, his nationality is an american Croat, his grandchlidren probably wont be Croats, but he is.
Just to show how ridiculous your claimes are, imagine you were american born Jew (to be a Jew u have to have jewish mother), and someone tells you that u are not a Jew because you were not born in Israel. It doesnt matter where u are born, it matters who your parents are.

Back