First Champion to hold 2 belts.

Yea I don't see it happening. The UFC was trying to get anderson to vacate the MW belt if he wanted to move up, which is part of the reason he didn't. They don't want anyone one fighter holding 2 belts at the same time because it would stall the title picture in both divisions.

Imo it would bring an insane hype that will easily compensate for the inconvenience.

Taking him down ???

Cain didnt take JDS down to beat him, the threat of the takedown is what beat JDS and he couldn't adjust to the pressure and attack of Cain.

Cain beat JDS on the feet for most of the fight with some spurious take downs and it was the threat of the take down that really befuddled JDS into becoming a walking punching bag.

He couldn't adjust to simple takedown attempts by Cain and JDS's fight IQ I seriously wonder about.

Also, Jone's GNP can hurt every HW and he has more Submission wins then Cain and JDS combined and that is Combined. Jones is a volume fighter he beats you by volume and has plenty of oblique kicks to stop fighters from walking and very good clinch wrestling.

Jones didnt struggle with Rashad, jones had about two attempts and got Rashad down on the second. He did have issues with Rampage when he tried to shoot doubles without setting them.

Jones is a clinch grappler and his forte is Freestyle wrestling in the clinch and that is where he is better then Cain, its his doubles and singles that he struggled with in the Rampage fight.

Cain's striking and power is world's different than Jones' and if you can't see that then I won't even waste my time arguing that with you.

His gnp can hurt every HW? How are you even making these claims dude? Pretty ridiculous. He has vicious ground and pound but what makes you think Jones can keep JDS OR Cain on the ground for a prolonged amount of time?

Jones didn't get an gnp in on Rashad and never had him in any danger on the ground, Cain is a much better wrestler and has a MUCH better chin than Rashad.

Yea I don't see it happening. The UFC was trying to get anderson to vacate the MW belt if he wanted to move up, which is part of the reason he didn't. They don't want anyone one fighter holding 2 belts at the same time because it would stall the title picture in both divisions.

If they were so concerned about stalling the title picture, they wouldn't have champions do TUF.

It will be this man

EtZ8C.jpg

Nope, even though I know he will take the HW strap when he moves up, he'll be forced to relinquish his LHW belt.

Anderson could've dethroned any of the 205 guys before Jones imo. Out of the current champs, I think Aldo and Jones have the best chances.

No, When he beat Hughes. He was already Welterweight champ + lightweight champ just not at hte same time.

No he wasn't. BJ hadn't been LW champ before beating Hughes. He won the WW strap, left the UFC, came back to UFC (lost to GSP + Hughes at WW) dropped to LW then won the LW title for the first time.

No he wasn't. BJ hadn't been LW champ before beating Hughes. He won the WW strap, left the UFC, came back to UFC (lost to GSP + Hughes at WW) dropped to LW then won the LW title for the first time.

What I ment was, when he held the Welterweight Title, he should have moved down to Lightweight and claimed that title also. Instead of going to K1.

Cain's striking and power is world's different than Jones' and if you can't see that then I won't even waste my time arguing that with you.

His gnp can hurt every HW? How are you even making these claims dude? Pretty ridiculous. He has vicious ground and pound but what makes you think Jones can keep JDS OR Cain on the ground for a prolonged amount of time?

Jones didn't get an gnp in on Rashad and never had him in any danger on the ground, Cain is a much better wrestler and has a MUCH better chin than Rashad.

Cain is an elite fighter with good power, lets not exaggerate, its his wrestling and relentless pace that is his true strengths.

Cain is not a better striker then Jones. Cain IMO has better boxing though.

At HW jones should have the size to muscle up. Jones also has one of the best top games in MMA and I dont see that changing at HW when he puts on good muscle.

Jones coasted in the Rashad fight,

Cain is an elite wrestler and I do think he is a better wrestler then Rashad but Rashad has the better and quicker doubles and singles then Cain IMO. Cain is also slower then Rashad but he does have more power, take it for what it is.

Cain and Rashads chin are their chin, Cain is not known for having a super chin. Cain is an elite fighter none the less.

Jones is going up to HW, we will see anyway.

Cain is an elite fighter with good power, lets not exaggerate, its his wrestling and relentless pace that is his true strengths.

Cain is not a better striker then Jones. Cain IMO has better boxing though.

At HW jones should have the size to muscle up. Jones also has one of the best top games in MMA and I dont see that changing at HW when he puts on good muscle.

Jones coasted in the Rashad fight, he beat Rashad without an issue and he barely broke a sweat in that fight.

Cain is a good/elite wrestler and I do think he is a better wrestler then Rashad but Rashad has much better and quicker doubles and singles then Cain IMO. Cain is also slower then Rashad but he does have more power, take it for what it is.

Cain and Rashads chin are their chin, Cain is not known for having a super chin. Cain is an elite fighter but lets not go overboard.

Jones is going up to HW, we will see anyway.

What the hell? How is Jones a better striker than Cain? Cain was the first person to hurt JDS in a stand up battle, something I would NOT bet on Jones doing.

He coasted with Rashad? Oh because he didn't finish him, he coasted? What a joke. He was rocked by a headkick and hit with several overhand rights. He couldn't do anything major to Rashad, deal with it.

Taking flush shots from Kongo and managing to still take him down and pound him out is damn good recovery, chin, and cardio.

You really believe that, huh?

Cain would be an exciting opponent for JBJ. Cain's strenghts are all what we havent seen JBJ face before.

None in LHW has actually pressured JBJ the way Cain would.

Cain also would very likely be the first to get JBJ down. Cain might not be the most powerful HW, but he sure is more powerful than most LHWs.

Standing, Cain would probably be totally outclassed by Bones, but if Cain could get him down, JBJ might become alot more hesitant standing, like JDS did.

What the hell? How is Jones a better striker than Cain? Cain was the first person to hurt JDS in a stand up battle, something I would NOT bet on Jones doing.

He coasted with Rashad? Oh because he didn't finish him, he coasted? What a joke. He was rocked by a headkick and hit with several overhand rights. He couldn't do anything major to Rashad, deal with it.

Taking flush shots from Kongo and managing to still take him down and pound him out is damn good recovery, chin, and cardio.

You really believe that, huh?

Jones is a better striker then Cain, yes, he is the better kickboxer and has more tools then Cain standing.

Cain does have better boxing.

Cain beat JDS standing because of Cains wrestling, Cain is not the striker JDS is, it was the threat of the takedown and Cains pace and wrestling that won him the fight and allowed him to strike with JDS.

Again, Rashad is a very good fighter who knows Jones and was his sparring partner and that is all he could do. Rashad also has much better, explosive and faster doubles and singles then Cain and is a much faster striker along with being more mobile then Cain.

Trying to compare Rashad Evans( a very fast Wrestler with explosive doubles and singls) to Cain( a slower wrestler not as explosive) doesnt cut it, they are different wrestlers with different attributes.

What Rashad Evans does, Cain cant do, Rashad is a much faster wrestler then Cain with much faster hands.

Cain is a better wrestler with more power but the comparison is silly.

Kongo is Kongo, what can you say about Kongo landing flush on Cain.

Last edited:
Aldo is the most likely to be able to do that.
Anderson is also a possibility, but Aldo beating Henderson is more likely than Anderson beating Jon Jones.

All the rest are not very likely to be able to do it. MM won't beat Cruz (he already lost to him), Cruz won't beat Aldo, Henderson won't beat GSP, GSP won't beat Anderson and Jones won't beat Cain.

What I ment was, when he held the Welterweight Title, he should have moved down to Lightweight and claimed that title also. Instead of going to K1.

It didn't exist. The division didn't exist in the UFC.

Back