Fire service changes entrance test so it's deliberately harder for whites

Not really surprising tbh, a pathetic decision from pathetic people in a pathetic country. Lol

So my takeaway from this is that white men are better than non white males …. ?
Can't think that's what I should take away from this

you know identity politics are retarded when people would rather be on fire than have white male firefighters.

you know identity politics are retarded when people would rather be on fire than have white male firefighters.
that's not what's happening here.
They're trying to get anyone they can.
And in select cases lowering the stndards because among certain cohorts they have low recruiting numbers and would like to raise them.

Been going on for decades in the US. It's one absurd judgement after another from these left-wiing judges.

The perfect example:

In 1995, Chicago had a fire exam that was created by a black man for the sole purpose of attracting and passing more minorities. It failed and the test was later ruled by a judge to be racist and the black firefighters got paid and promoted as if they had been firemen for years. The sole basis of calling the test racist was that black candidates didn't do as well as whites. A test created by a black man for the entire purpose of attracting more minorities is declared discriminatory and this is reported as fact.

And in select cases lowering the stndards because among certain cohorts they have low recruiting numbers and would like to raise them.

doesn't read that way...

Women and men from black, Asian and minority ethnic groups only have to score 60% on verbal and numerical tests – where as white men have to score 70%.

A senior source claims the new recruitment programme, introduced in late 2017, costs £100,000 a year.

This includes £2,500 a month spent on targeted Facebook adverts which just appear on the profiles belonging to women to ‘minimise white men applying’, the source said.

doesn't read that way...
You're really misreading this and listening to some propagandist.
The program ads may have targeted minorities to increase recruitment.
Only a total retard thinks "wow theyre trying to stop whites!" when trying to target recruiting ads at populations that dont currently apply in high numbers.

You're really misreading this and listening to some propagandist.
The program ads may have targeted minorities to increase recruitment.
Only a total retard thinks "wow theyre trying to stop whites!" when trying to target recruiting ads at populations that dont currently apply in high numbers.

and you're misrepresenting when you say

I think we all can agree that hiring more firefighters is a good thing if there is a shortage of firefighters. Do you think racial discrimination is an acceptable means to an end for achieving socially desirable goals?

I am in favor of trying harder to reach a demographic that is underrepresented in civil service, but having different requirements is wrong. We can’t get black males or many women on our dept because the ones that apply can’t pass the tests, but lowering the standards for them will yield sub-par candidates and that is not what you want in fire departments or police departments

I am in favor of trying harder to reach a demographic that is underrepresented in civil service, but having different requirements is wrong. We can’t get black males or many women on our dept because the ones that apply can’t pass the tests, but lowering the standards for them will yield sub-par candidates and that is not what you want in fire departments or police departments

I don’t understand why test have to be lowered for poc and minorities. I mean if anything we just ban white people for applying the testing would probably yield better results.

Nice.

I know my company had made similar efforts to recruit women, they want 50% of all new hires to be women so that we reach 40% of staff being female.

In the last few years I have seen the amount of women around the offices probably double.

We also have a mandate to hire indigenous people as well.

i too have noticed the push for more women in the workforce.

Expect more shit like this to go down if that's how they choose to go on about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenfell_Tower_fire

You should link to the original sources rather than click-bait sites which run stories from other sites, just so that people won't dismiss the story outright.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/28/fire...e-test-deliberately-harder-white-men-8402291/

It's old news at this point anyway.

There's been plenty of stupid shit since:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9903284/fire-chiefs-ban-fireman-sam-diversity/
https://www.voice-online.co.uk/news...at-racism-played-factor-in-grenfell-response/
I disagree with making it harder for white people to pass but why would having less white people lead to more events like Grenfell?

I disagree with making it harder for white people to pass but why would having less white people lead to more events like Grenfell?

West Midlands Fire and Rescue Service wants 60% of new recruits to be women, and 35% to be from black and minority ethnic groups by 2021.

Women and men from black, Asian and minority ethnic groups only have to score 60% on verbal and numerical tests – where as white men have to score 70%.

As I explained in the other post:

It can turn out pretty bad if people just see it as an opportunity to get an easy job because of lowered standards. A firefighter's job is not necessarily the same as some guy working a non-physical job, where they don't have to face life-threatening situations.

Anything other than employing people based on the quality of their performance, might lead to an institution that's not being as effective as it should be. And in the case of an institution like this, we're talking about people's lives at stake. If we look at some less developed countries in the world, people hiring based on tribe, nepotism, religion, ethnicity, these sorts of hiring practises usually lead to corrupt and inefficient institutions, which endanger people's lives. People collecting checks and doing the bare minimum for service.

The way I see it, if the government wants to increase the amount of women and minority representations in such institutions, then you have to go for a cultural campaign which promotes fire-fighting among these groups. And if the numbers still don't improve then it probably just means that those groups don't care about the job, they don't feel motivated by it. And who could blame them? It's not like a fire-fighter makes a lot of money compared to the sacrifices they make. It is, in many ways a high risk/low reward job, geared towards "thrill-seekers" and physical people.

If it's just a matter of hiring women and minorities for representation, then what sort of a representation are we going to end up with? People who are most likely going to have less skills and less motivation on average than others, because of the lowered standards. This is not the kind of representation that people should want.

It's not a matter of having "less white people" it's a matter of having less qualified people.

Having 60% women recruits is probably the more questionable policy compared to having 35% black/minority hires.

West Midlands Fire and Rescue Service wants 60% of new recruits to be women, and 35% to be from black and minority ethnic groups by 2021.

As I explained in the other post:

It's not a matter of having "less white people" it's a matter of having less qualified people.

Having 60% women recruits is probably the more questionable policy compared to having 35% black/minority hires.
Understood, thanks for your explanation

If their shit burns, it burns. If their policy fails and enough people's shit is burned up or lives lost because of it then maybe someone will pimp smack them into making better decisions or they will be replaced.

Then after the left-wing judge declared the 1995 Chicago Fire Exam (that was written by a black man specifically to help minority candidates) to be discriminatory, they made the next 2006 Chicago Fire Exam absurdly easy. It was a grade school pass/fail test. Pass/fail. It went from the 92%+ scorers being well qualified and hired to any who took the test and scored a 71% supposedly being given an equal chance to be hired solely to hire more black firefighters. But in reality, the BI and PAT tests were used to reduce white candidates as well.

The Vulcan Society is disgrace. I don't know how any member is tolerated in any firehouse.

They would rather have a substandard fire or police dept that's heavily diverse over an elite cadre of emergency workers. Because the people who control this are politicians that feed off the ignorance of voters. Pandering to the LCD is more important than a thriving or safe community.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back