Fire service changes entrance test so it's deliberately harder for whites

Nice.

I know my company had made similar efforts to recruit women, they want 50% of all new hires to be women so that we reach 40% of staff being female.

In the last few years I have seen the amount of women around the offices probably double.

We also have a mandate to hire indigenous people as well.

What happened to merit? Why are you in favor of racism and sexism?

I don't think so. Thats what libs and progressives are all about. You see them as people who can't do things for themselves. Doesn't matter the topic. They can't get an ID like normal people, they need to take special simplified tests to get a job.... honestly, basically every thing that libs say about minorities is a weird, almost complimentary way of reminding them that they can't do what others do without help from people like you. "Oh don't worry. You're uneducated and stupid and we'll change the system to reflect that. Am I a great person or what?"

I would be so relieved when a little Asian woman showed up to rescue me from a fire...

Do you prefer aggressive aggressive?

Don't really have time for woe is me losers like yourself, to be honest.
I get it. it's much easier to be blithely insulting to strangers on the internet than it is to make a reasoned defence of your opinions.

Maybe a discussion forum isn't your thing. From what I've seen so far you'd be happier writing poorly thought out, self-congratulatory slogans on toilet stalls in permanent marker.

Hmmmmmm...........I don't like that sound of that.

Seems to me that the targeted recruiting is fine. Get a broader spectrum of applicants.

But requiring one gender or color to get a higher test score seems very.....I don't know....discriminatory.

I’ll just leave this very true story here. I’ve heard this from many white applicants.

I thought we were done? I'm not insecure at all. Very comfortable with my mediocrity, in fact. There seems to be one person in this thread trying to prove their self worth. Want to guess who that is? The guy posting memes and telling everyone that they're "not worth his time."
Nah they all chant the same thing white man bad... back to the original topic because we don’t want stuff deleted now do we. Affirmative action hires have been around for decades and although I disagree with it what’s even worse is those who cite it and laugh. I found the best way to avoid it not supporting companies who practice it. You want to virtue signal have at it but you won’t see a dime from me.

Last edited:
Do you prefer aggressive aggressive?

Don't really have time for woe is me losers like yourself, to be honest.
Do you say that second line to minorities who have large groups of people making livings off "woe is me" parades? Of course not. Because you think upside down and backwards and think it makes you smart. The "Useless white males" would generally make a low crime neighborhood, and more often than not raise children who have a sense of decency. They kind of hold everything together. I mean, at 40 I can do 80 push ups and ride a bike 50 miles in less than 3 hours. If you can't do that you are just useless and any injustice you face is your fault. You literally sound worse than that.

It can turn out pretty bad if people just see it as an opportunity to get an easy job because of lowered standards. A firefighter's job is not necessarily the same as some guy working a non-physical job, where they don't have to face life-threatening situations.

Anything other than employing people based on the quality of their performance, might lead to an institution that's not being as effective as it should be. And in the case of an institution like this, we're talking about people's lives at stake. If we look at some less developed countries in the world, people hiring based on tribe, nepotism, religion, ethnicity, these sorts of hiring practises usually lead to corrupt and inefficient institutions, which endanger people's lives. People collecting checks and doing the bare minimum for service.

The way I see it, if the government wants to increase the amount of women and minority representations in such institutions, then you have to go for a cultural campaign which promotes fire-fighting among these groups. And if the numbers still don't improve then it probably just means that those groups don't care about the job, they don't feel motivated by it. And who could blame them? It's not like a fire-fighter makes a lot of money compared to the sacrifices they make. It is, in many ways a high risk/low reward job, geared towards "thrill-seekers" and physical people.

If it's just a matter of hiring women and minorities for representation, then what sort of a representation are we going to end up with? People who are most likely going to have less skills and less motivation on average than others, because of the lowered standards. This is not the kind of representation that people should want.
you basically explain the issue I have with this

Fire department responds to heart attacks, bulilding fires, car crashes, shootings, drownings.....ect

this is literally the one profession in the entire world where you do not want to mess around with hiring lower-tier candidates just because it "sounds cool on paper"

It turns out a lot of you insecure useless white males (IUWM) tend to flock to these types of threads and tend to all be equally not worth my time yet expect me to do backflips to help them validate their sorry existence and reinforce their insecurities.

The stupid shit you guys on the left come up with is almost hysterical. Up there with that stupid "ok, boomer" meme.

Oh look, it's another very insecure and sad individual.

How many black people did you count in the daytime tv shows today?
Well I played ball with 6 last night. I just counted. Who's sad? Not me. Sorry I'm not down with double standards.. Your line of thinking is the same line of thinking that people used to justify racist policies and segregation back in the day. It's backwards. Fairness and equal rights is the best way to go. Equal outcome should never be guaranteed or expected.

Hmmmmmm...........I don't like that sound of that.

Seems to me that the targeted recruiting is fine. Get a broader spectrum of applicants.

But requiring one gender or color to get a higher test score seems very.....I don't know....discriminatory.

Yeah. To use a sports analogy, I'm all for equal access to the game but not different scoring criteria for different players. Give people the tools they need to succeed, and judge the work on its own merits.

Yeah. To use a sports analogy, I'm all for equal access to the game but not different scoring criteria for different players. Give people the tools they need to succeed, and judge the work on its own merits.
Too bad the left feel gender and colour are a merit in itself.

All I see are IUWM completely afraid of any attempts to level the playing field and correct the generations of inequality because the status quo allows them to be mediocre and content.

Let me try to understand your argument.

Premise 1: The playing field today is uneven because of racial discrimination in the past
Premise 2: Racial discrimination is wrong
Conclusion: Whites should be racially discriminated against today

The conclusion contradicts one of your premises.

One of the county’s biggest fire services in the UK has been accused of discrimination after it emerged white men have to score higher in its recruitment tests than anyone else.

West Midlands Fire and Rescue Service wants 60% of new recruits to be women, and 35% to be from black and minority ethnic groups by 2021.

In a bid to reach the target, they have altered the pass rates to make it easier for people from those groups to get through the test.

Women and men from black, Asian and minority ethnic groups only have to score 60% on verbal and numerical tests – where as white men have to score 70%.

A senior source claims the new recruitment programme, introduced in late 2017, costs £100,000 a year.

This includes £2,500 a month spent on targeted Facebook adverts which just appear on the profiles belonging to women to ‘minimise white men applying’, the source said.

Is this white privilege, i wonder?

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201901291071928997-firefighter-uk-discrimination-white/

I am skeptical of this 'news' because the link is from sputniknews. It may be true but holding off on believing it until a reputable news source confirms it.

Yahoo is reporting it, but they aren't revealing whether their source is a mainstream news org.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/fire-brig...ecruit-women-ethnic-minorities-115834481.html

Daily Mail is reporting it, BUT they only say a 'source' claimed. They are not revealing the source and the Mail is a tabloid sensationalist rag, prone to misleading and inaccurate commentary.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...amid-claims-entry-tests-harder-white-men.html

Last edited:
Let me try to understand your argument.

Premise 1: The playing field today is uneven because of racial discrimination in the past
Premise 2: Racial discrimination is wrong
Conclusion: Whites should be racially discriminated against today

The conclusion contradicts one of your premises.

Nope.

Back