1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Fire service changes entrance test so it's deliberately harder for whites

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by squeezewax, Jan 22, 2020.

1. squeezewax Black Belt

One of the county’s biggest fire services in the UK has been accused of discrimination after it emerged white men have to score higher in its recruitment tests than anyone else.

West Midlands Fire and Rescue Service wants 60% of new recruits to be women, and 35% to be from black and minority ethnic groups by 2021.

In a bid to reach the target, they have altered the pass rates to make it easier for people from those groups to get through the test.

Women and men from black, Asian and minority ethnic groups only have to score 60% on verbal and numerical tests – where as white men have to score 70%.

A senior source claims the new recruitment programme, introduced in late 2017, costs £100,000 a year.

This includes £2,500 a month spent on targeted Facebook adverts which just appear on the profiles belonging to women to ‘minimise white men applying’, the source said.

Is this white privilege, i wonder?

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201901291071928997-firefighter-uk-discrimination-white/

2. TheGreatA Gold Belt

Expect more shit like this to go down if that's how they choose to go on about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenfell_Tower_fire

You should link to the original sources rather than click-bait sites which run stories from other sites, just so that people won't dismiss the story outright.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/28/fire...e-test-deliberately-harder-white-men-8402291/

It's old news at this point anyway.

There's been plenty of stupid shit since:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9903284/fire-chiefs-ban-fireman-sam-diversity/
    https://www.voice-online.co.uk/news...at-racism-played-factor-in-grenfell-response/

3. nostradumbass Steel Belt

Always nice when they use tax money to directly shit on and discriminate against the people who pay it.

4. Rygu R.I.P. Obie Platinum Member

This is such great news.

I know I don't really care whether a firefighter is physically capable to perform their duties, what is really important is ethnicity and genitalia.

This progressiveness is wonderful, it makes me feel good about myself. Diversity is such a blessing.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  5. jamel Brown Belt

Honestly... I dig this idea.

Great way to get low income people into civil service.

Soon as they pass, you station their asses in their own community.

They can OJT the rest of that shit.

I can understand why some of you see this as a bad thing tho.

6. ryan3434 Brown Belt

Maybe there is a better way to do it than discrimanation?

7. nostradumbass Steel Belt

Until they shout "racism" again for putting underperformers in minority neighborhoods.

Also, women don't have their own communities.

8. n...not crazy Silver Belt

This hardship will just make white males stronger.

9. ultramanhyata Reclimbing Like Mountain

This is how I feel about the CFPB.

10. MVelsor ~ Work of the Gods ~ Banned

They should, I can't stand being around them.

James Earl Jones, do'h.

11. bobgeese Steel Belt

So, it’s a dance contest?

12. TheGreatA Gold Belt

It can turn out pretty bad if people just see it as an opportunity to get an easy job because of lowered standards. A firefighter's job is not necessarily the same as some guy working a non-physical job, where they don't have to face life-threatening situations.

Anything other than employing people based on the quality of their performance, might lead to an institution that's not being as effective as it should be. And in the case of an institution like this, we're talking about people's lives at stake. If we look at some less developed countries in the world, people hiring based on tribe, nepotism, religion, ethnicity, these sorts of hiring practises usually lead to corrupt and inefficient institutions, which endanger people's lives. People collecting checks and doing the bare minimum for service.

The way I see it, if the government wants to increase the amount of women and minority representations in such institutions, then you have to go for a cultural campaign which promotes fire-fighting among these groups. And if the numbers still don't improve then it probably just means that those groups don't care about the job, they don't feel motivated by it. And who could blame them? It's not like a fire-fighter makes a lot of money compared to the sacrifices they make. It is, in many ways a high risk/low reward job, geared towards "thrill-seekers" and physical people.

If it's just a matter of hiring women and minorities for representation, then what sort of a representation are we going to end up with? People who are most likely going to have less skills and less motivation on average than others, because of the lowered standards. This is not the kind of representation that people should want.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  13. Lovelyboy Banned Banned

Sounds like a conspiracy to give ethnics a bad name

14. Staph infection Glue historian

Down with the white man by any cost necessary. Hopefully these under qualified candidates are placed in the fire brigades that are assigned to the areas where the fools that created this plan reside.

15. MVelsor ~ Work of the Gods ~ Banned

It's The UK.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ng-victims-crime-given-priority-police-chief/

Victims of crime who do not speak English could be given priority by the Metropolitan Police, a senior officer has suggested.

Deputy Commissioner Craig Mackey said that callers might be denied a personal visit from police unless they are deemed to be sufficiently "vulnerable".

He said it is "absolutely feasible" that "face-to-face" visits by officers could be reserved for the "vulnerable" - giving examples as those for whom English is not a first language, the elderly and people with learning difficulties.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...tchen-knives-no-reason-modern-world-says/amp/

A ban on the sale of pointed kitchen knives has been demanded by the Church of England as it says there is no reason for them in the modern world.

In a letter to ministers backed by a judge, top trauma doctors and psychiatrists, police and victims, Church of England bishops say re-designing domestic knives to give them rounded ends would combat knife crime by making “life-threatening” injuries “far less likely.”

<36>

16. Wet Blanket Bipartisan GIF Machine

Nice.

I know my company had made similar efforts to recruit women, they want 50% of all new hires to be women so that we reach 40% of staff being female.

In the last few years I have seen the amount of women around the offices probably double.

We also have a mandate to hire indigenous people as well.

17. Rygu R.I.P. Obie Platinum Member

I'm going to guess your job doesn't involve anything that requires or demands strength/fitness of any kind.

18. Happy Man Banned Banned

So 5% can be white men? And I’m sure those ones will be gay or trans.

stuff like this makes revolt morally acceptable. Politicians in the UK beware.

19. b-hop Green Belt

Im so glad that English hate Trump.

20. Metusalemi Black Belt

I'm sure fire will go easy on them.