Media Firas Zahabi says O'Malley beats Merab with no time limit

So Sean would be the 135lbs champion of playing guard in a locked room without time limit.

I guess that counts for something.

He's right, but people can't put their emotional bias and hate for O'Malley aside and admit it

Also O'Malley went into this fight with a torn labrum and hip injury, without these injuries he would've KOd Merab

Merab had everything in his favor that night
Whatever you say, buddy

I agree, O'Malley look like he was ready to quit, as Dvalishvili was nullifying his efforts.

However, hurting someone has a funny way of bringing a fighter back in the fight — they now feel they can win.

So the psychology was actually quite interesting, as hurting brought life back to O'Malley the 5th; but I acknowledge your point.
The premise of this whole thing means that ANYTHING round 2 and onwards is speculation. We can't judge how well Sean was doing at minute 24 of the fight because he's already benefited from 4 standups and minute-breaks at that point, whereas in a no time limit, no rounds fight, he would have been on the ground for 24 minutes straight. I think that looks very different.

There's not enough evidence to believe this.

Most people say this with Usman vs khamzat but there's no backlash with that belief because most people believe it because khamzat was gassed.

The premise of this whole thing means that ANYTHING round 2 and onwards is speculation. We can't judge how well Sean was doing at minute 24 of the fight because he's already benefited from 4 standups and minute-breaks at that point, whereas in a no time limit, no rounds fight, he would have been on the ground for 24 minutes straight. I think that looks very different.

Good rebuttal.

gsp fought the same way after serra. i like firas, and i actually think he's right about merab; it's just funny coming from the main trainer of the goat of avoiding finishing.

Merab's corner was not the one that said "it's almost over"

lol

Ahh yes, the old Gracie/Diaz rules. I would have won if I had not lost.

Jiu jitsu guys love this shit so much that we brought back no time limit sub only matches. Turns out that's often exactly as boring as it sounds.

How would no limit ever favour a striker over a wrestler? Why do people even care what Zahabi says? He clearly wasn't the guy responsible for GSPs success.

Merab doesnt get tired. No time limit would favor Merab

this man also has a video on youtube
where he was interviewed if gsp was natural
bwahaha

the interviewer was amazed at how he can explained why
gsp is natural even though his shoulders are almost big
as his head and has a very low fat percentage
with bulging muscles

the interviewer was a bodybuilder and has alot of experience in ped
related stuff

Yes, just like the Diaz brothers would be undefeated

Timestamp: 6:47 - 8:20

Maybe. I think Merab would've trained differently for a fight with no time limit. Why not talk about what happened without changing the rules.

I could say Merab would've done even better in a pure grappling match between the two.

He had 25 minutes. 5 rounds. Plus isn't Merab the cardio machine out of the two.

Why not make it who wins with no rules ?
Does Merab headbutt him from guard, stomp him, kick his head while he is bended on the fence.

MMA is a sport of 3-5 rounds. Merab won dominantly.

Back