Media Firas Zahabi boxing up fight tips Shane

.... right....

And who are you again?

An amateur boxer and long time boxing fan who sees two guys who can't box their way out of a paper bag. Not sure why that's any more relevant than any other poster on Sherdog giving their opinion on any two "fighters", but yeah.

It's hilarious to me how fucking bad Firas' boxing knowledge is. He gave a critique on Rory's boxing training, and almost everything he said was wrong, it's clear he didn't have a clue about boxing. None at all. He should really stick to BJJ.

It's no surprise that GSP's boxing came on leaps and bounds after getting coached by Freddie.

That is a bit of a stretch to put Roach in there. He was a professional fighter with more than 40 fights and more than 30 wins. Heck he fought Hector Camacho. Freddy as a fighter was lightyears better than these two and that in the absolute prime of boxing with loads of talent!!

He just couldnt make it to the absolute top. You could shackle him one hand behind his back and he would outfight Shane easy and Firas also. Just a whole different level.

You guys seriously underrate Freddys boxing pedigree.

That's a very good point.

I sometimes forget too, Freddie was a legit pro - obviously not Roberto Duran, but not just some random guy with some boxercise training.

Meh

Nothing special

Great coach in general tho, very smart guy, cerebral mind, great fight iq

Boxing really isnt something you want to learn from your mma or kickboxing coach. Easy way to pick up less than ideal habits. All due respect of course

Last edited:
That's a very good point.

I sometimes forget too, Freddie was a legit pro - obviously not Roberto Duran, but not just some random guy with some boxercise training.

I guess its in parts because he looks so unimposing.
People dont get how high level someone had to train and be for such a "regional" career which put him in fact worldwide into a very small elite group of fighters.

The Roach we know with his starting Parkinson , glasses and small built looked on first view like nothing but if you actually watch his older vids were he shows foot work, speed bag, or in ring tactics it needs 2seconds to realize what a natural absolut unit this guy is.

cant quote with timestamp on sherdog. Just watch Roach at 29.30min on. Only light speed bag work,

Last edited:
Shane is definitely legit.

People like:
Firas Zahabi,
Wonderboy,
Michelle Waterson,
Ryan Garcia,
....and - iirc - Liam Harrison wouldn't make videos with him otherwise.

Chute boxe was wrong in doing so.

He's taking is seriously, he's working technique and trying to give him a bunch of different angles to work off of.

I don't think you spar noobs. Because you give them basic things to keep track of and work them up. You don't overwhelm them.

I've seen him spar with TJ dillashaw when I was going to Tristar and in no way was he getting outclassed. Granted it was kickboxing and not boxing. And TJ is known to spar hard.

A lot of experts over here apparently. Keep in mind this is taking place in a tiny area and anyone who has trained before would know it’s a completely different way of fighting and managing.

I assure you they look much better in a normal setting than displayed here.

Shane is definitely legit.

Regarding what? I do think his YT videos are ok as in entertaining. But regarding fighting / coaching ability no sorry wouldnt say so. He would have uploaded his fights at some point (has he?)

If you look at his older videos were he supposedly had his fights he isnt even at amateur level.

Next to no timing / distance even with super light sparring. Why does he get ma celebrities ? Same reason other yt channels get them. He has reach with more than 2million subscribers.

Its nice to see him showing stuff but if I really want to learn something of YT I go to f.e. daskalo Jacob, Fran Sands or maybe precision striking. These are legit. I especially like Jakob.

Seen Fighttips guy spar before and its almost always of that "lite spar" feel. That kinda sets the tone and i think neither guy wants to come off as the A-Hole tryna go hard in a friendly type spar video -that said I think Firas surprised Shane lil bit

Regarding what? I do think his YT videos are ok as in entertaining. But regarding fighting / coaching ability no sorry wouldnt say so. He would have uploaded his fights at some point (has he?)

If you look at his older videos were he supposedly had his fights he isnt even at amateur level.

Next to no timing / distance even with super light sparring. Why does he get ma celebrities ? Same reason other yt channels get them. He has reach with more than 2million subscribers.

Its nice to see him showing stuff but if I really want to learn something of YT I go to f.e. daskalo Jacob, Fran Sands or maybe precision striking. These are legit. I especially like Jakob.
Not because he's some insane fighter, but he has solid tips and technique drills for beginners imo.

Plus the people i've mentioned wouldn't have made videos with him if they thought "uhh, he's shite and doesn't know anythinf abput fighting".

Precision striking is nice, might check the other channels out you've mentioned.

Yes. And cus d'amato
Or Mike Dolce. Who went 5-10 in MMA.

PS: Yes, I will quietly find my way out of the thread.

PS 2: Firas is legit and super smart. I have seen him light-sparr a lot of guys and he always holds his own and even outstrikes guys. IDK if he has the thoughness of a pro MMA fighter.
Also Shane style is not boxing but more kickboxing or thai and that is pretty clear in the video.

Fighting like a homeless man's Roy Jones :D neither one can box their way out of a paper bag.

{<jordan}

Please post a striking tutorial video starring yourself on youtube, so we may come to know these world champion skillsets you possess.

I have respect for this Shane guy
He’s trained with Bas
I watched his videos for years
In fact he’s got a couple videos sparring jujimufu that should be pretty old by now and are a lot of fun

I don't know what your point is?
Firas is clearly levels above and just giving him looks to keep Shane on his toes. You said Firas could be knocked off balance but he's clearly not worried about getting hit.

The 2nd most rocked I've ever been sparring was against somebody I could dust in 2 minutes if I took them serious.... You get relaxed and make lazy mistakes against people a couple levels below while sparring.

Firas can be better and still suck.

An amateur boxer and long time boxing fan who sees two guys who can't box their way out of a paper bag. Not sure why that's any more relevant than any other poster on Sherdog giving their opinion on any two "fighters", but yeah.

It's hilarious to me how fucking bad Firas' boxing knowledge is. He gave a critique on Rory's boxing training, and almost everything he said was wrong, it's clear he didn't have a clue about boxing. None at all. He should really stick to BJJ.

It's no surprise that GSP's boxing came on leaps and bounds after getting coached by Freddie.

A empty post filled with ignorant narrow views on his pure boxing skillset?

Next time try to take of your boxing glasses. And watch the video with a clear mind.

I wont use more energy posting a long text on how humans got a X amount of training hours. Boxers only train punching, muay thai must train more tools, MMA fighters even more, ect ect ZZzz..

<LikeReally5>

I've seen that guy for years now, all his fans must be 12, why would you watch him when there are actual experts on YT.

Not a fan or a hater here. But i got a easy to follow channel at YouTube. I even tell my beginners to check his stuff out.

Its a good place to check out fundamentals.

Who need experts..?

Experts aint always a good thing.

Not a fan or a hater here. But i got a easy to follow channel at YouTube. I even tell my beginners to check his stuff out.

Its a good place to check out fundamentals.

Who need experts..?

Experts aint always a good thing.
He may be able to regurgitate basic things he's heard from EXPERTS, but it's a problem if you don't have a true understanding.

There is a LOT of BS technique on YT and people actually buy into it, it's not good, people that are teaching and being listened to should have some type of credibility.

I see this in Jiu Jitsu especially, on IG probably 70% of the techniques wouldn't work against decent people... why not just listen to Danaher, or somebody that is actually proven instead of some dude that has 0 real-life coaching, or competition experience.

Back