Finishing the Armbar when getting stacked?

ClubberLange said:
I've had terrible neck problems from being stacked so much going for the AB in guard.
The main thing I've started doing is getting them really off balance before I commit to it.
If he's going to stack me I go back to guard.
I.e- If I'm going for his right arm, I kick my R leg HARD under his L armpit.
I used to always hip out the other way, which just invited the stack.
That probably made no sense at all aye?

I think this may be where my real problem lies. I tend to just move my hips out without off balancing him enough. As you said, I think this sort of invites the stack. I will have to work on this the most.

Ok, the turning to the stomach thing is something I should

Everything has pretty much already been said. Only thing I would say is make sure your pinching your knees together and the leg over his head is really putting pressure downwards so he cant raise that head, if he cant raise that head it will be harder for him to stack you (Where the head goes the body follows).

Also make sure your legs are not crossed, it feels bery natural to cross your legs but it makes it easier to be stacked.

Heres a little trick I like to do when say they manage to stack you. Pinch your knees tight together to secure his arm, push your knees away from you with your arms and raising your hip. This will create some space and will extend his arm slightly, so from there just grab his arm and finish the armbar

Hope that makes sense

Back