Finally starting to make some gains!

The strength table looks about right to me. for the 198 category you have to have a 362 bench, 504 squat, 567 to be elite. There definition of elite is less then 1 percent of of weight training population obtain this level and that's probably true. That's not to say elite means your world class strength but your damn strong and at least in the top 1 percent tile of people that lift if your hitting those numbers naturally at 198.

But of course this is Sherdog so the average here is way above Elite cause there's nothing more elite then a Forum user

That seems pretty low to be elite....unless there's a huge discrepancy amongst elite lifters. The guy who owns the gym I go to competes at 198, and is admittedly a record holder, but he destroys those numbers (over 1800 raw).

That seems pretty low to be elite....unless there's a huge discrepancy amongst elite lifters. The guy who owns the gym I go to competes at 198, and is admittedly a record holder, but he destroys those numbers (over 1800 raw).

Their definition for elite is within the top 1 percent of people that lift weights not world class strength athletes that are 1 in many million

I'd say a guy weighing 165 who can bench press 3 plates is pretty elite... Don't think we have anyone on the forums who can BP that much at 165.

These are the qualifying totals for raw unity, which are pretty in step with the numbers on the exrx site.
rawunity.jpg

I just think that most see elite as the top of the powerlifting community.

P.S. edited because I misunderstood what everyone was arguing about.

Last edited:
And if you posted any of those totals at RUM, you would get smoked.

For example, Mike Turscher, 275 lb class, posted a 2125 lb gym total at the end of August. The DL was way (about 25 lbs?) off his PR and he has since squatted 5 lbs more and benched 10 lbs more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back