Finally starting to make some gains!

Yeah, I had advanced on that one within a year of training.

For bench, I'm ~25 lbs away from "advanced" at 220.

I weigh 208-210 and have been benching for six months.

Lofty standards...

The strength table looks about right to me. for the 198 category you have to have a 362 bench, 504 squat, 567 to be elite. There definition of elite is less then 1 percent of of weight training population obtain this level and that's probably true. That's not to say elite means your world class strength but your damn strong and at least in the top 1 percent tile of people that lift if your hitting those numbers naturally at 198.

But of course this is Sherdog so the average here is way above Elite cause there's nothing more elite then a Forum user

The strength table looks about right to me. for the 198 category you have to have a 362 bench, 504 squat, 567 to be elite. There definition of elite is less then 1 percent of of weight training population obtain this level and that's probably true. That's not to say elite means your world class strength but your damn strong and at least in the top 1 percent tile of people that lift if your hitting those numbers naturally at 198.

But of course this is Sherdog so the average here is way above Elite cause there's nothing more elite then a Forum user

I see you haven't posted much in the S&C before. I think you'll find that most of the users in this subforum are hard-working, honest people.

Ive only been back training properly for about 8-9 months now and im already way pasted advanced on my squat acording to them tables, they seem pretty low.

I see you haven't posted much in the S&C before. I think you'll find that most of the users in this subforum are hard-working, honest people.

I'm sure there are some strong people on this forum but i'd bet anything less then one percent of lifters are hitting those numbers.

That's good you making gains, it's very motivating. That a great bench press weight your pushin right now nice work as for the best weight to be moving at your weight and height. Well that is strictly dependent on your goals and the purpose of your training. But if your looking for an answer, then as I've always heard the classic statement is as follows "I have an 8 inch dick and can bench 275." So 275 I guess haha.

For bench, I'm ~25 lbs away from "advanced" at 220.

I weigh 208-210 and have been benching for six months.

Lofty standards...

Your in the intermediate collum which is where you should be, whats wrong with the standards? Your strong at a recreational level

Intermediate

A person who has engaged in regular training for up to two years. The intermediate level indicates some degree of specialization in the exercises and a high level of performance at the recreational level.

I'm sure there are some strong people on this forum but i'd bet anything less then one percent of lifters are hitting those numbers.

I haven't seen many on here claim to hit elite numbers though some do.

I haven't seen many on here claim to hit elite numbers though some do.

And once they do, they can continue on to total elite compared to other powerlifters. And then they can work on being competive at an national and international level. It doesn't end. The only useful classification chart I've ever seen is the one that shows wether you're ready for the more advanced Sheiko routines.

Just get stronger, don't worry about whether your deadlift is "intermediate" or "elite"

Considering the " elite " level and their definition of it , it seems pretty spot on

ie 198lbs ( 90 kg ) =

165kg bench (362) , 230 (500lbs) kg squat ( atg? ) and 258 kg dead (567) ... Seems pretty elite numbers compared to the average people if they are full rom RAW performances ...

How many casual people do you know that are training and can do those lifts at this BW ???
Outta the hardcore strength microcosm , I don't think it's pretty common ...

Two things:

1) The TS should be flamed mercilessly for not squatting or deadlifting.

2) This is a forbidden topic.

Considering the " elite " level and their definition of it , it seems pretty spot on

ie 198lbs ( 90 kg ) =

165kg bench (362) , 230 (500lbs) kg squat ( atg? ) and 258 kg dead (567) ... Seems pretty elite numbers compared to the average people if they are full rom RAW performances ...

How many casual people do you know that are training and can do those lifts at this BW ???
Outta the hardcore strength microcosm , I don't think it's pretty common ...

Yep I'd Guess maybe 1 in 150- 200 of lifters are hitting the elite numbers with full rom, raw and doing it naturally. IF your hitting one of those elite your a extremely strong guy and if your hitting the big 3 your a monster.

And once they do, they can continue on to total elite compared to other powerlifters. And then they can work on being competive at an national and international level. It doesn't end. The only useful classification chart I've ever seen is the one that shows wether you're ready for the more advanced Sheiko routines.

Just get stronger, don't worry about whether your deadlift is "intermediate" or "elite"

THREAD!:icon_chee

Just out of curiosity, why does everyone say 275 alot?

I'll be nice.

Because you're only talking about the less important of the big lift. Talking about your bench press is like talking about the size of your biceps in here. Also, people lose all respect as soon as it becomes clear that you don't squat or deadlift - the two lifts generally seen as the best measurements of strength.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back