PlayStation Official Final Fantasy XVI Discussion

The game is going to be Game Informers next cover game, they'll have 24 articles upcoming on the game

Can't do it, seen more than enough.

Should have the demo at the beginning of June, or within a couple weeks of release. Hope they continue the whole "your progress can be carried over" thing that has become popular lately.

Should have the demo at the beginning of June, or within a couple weeks of release. Hope they continue the whole "your progress can be carried over" thing that has become popular lately.

I'm gonna hold out til release all being well

I'm gonna hold out til release all being well

If they let me continue after the release of the game then I'll play the demo. I might play it anyways just to see how it feels but not 100% sure on that. If word of mouth on the game is 100% positive after the demo then I'll just skip it.

Last edited:
Great interview and will get you even more hyped about the game. The great part is there are zero spoilers so if that's you concern no worries here! So much passion here, you can tell these guys are incredibly proud of their work. June 22 can't come soon enough

Monday is going to have a massive preview. A lot of YouTubers got access to the game over the past week. I think there are even some review copies in peoples' hands already which is nuts. Seeing a lot of people making cryptic hints towards that on Twitter. Now is definitely the time to go dark if you don't want anything else spoiled.

I might watch a new trailer if it happens during the showcase but I'm definitely not watching the preview events.

Final Trailer Maybe? Says launch trailer but who knows

Best one yet, I told myself I'd stop watching these but it dropped right in the middle of the Showcase yesterday. No way I'm going to turn away from it mid-show!

Much better than the FF7 Remake Final Trailer that spoiled everything. This trailer reused a lot of footage and while it gives away Clive's ultimate goal, it manages not to give away anything too important. I'm really curious to see who is behind everything. I doubt any of the dominants we've seen thus far are the real villains of the game.

On a side note, is this the best voice acting of any Final Fantasy game? Man are these actors doing a fantastic job!

On a side note, is this the best voice acting of any Final Fantasy game? Man are these actors doing a fantastic job!

If they use the same agency's for talent like they do for 14 then it's gonna be great throughout, 14 has a lot of good voiced bits throughout

Final Trailer Maybe? Says launch trailer but who knows

Best one yet, I told myself I'd stop watching these but it dropped right in the middle of the Showcase yesterday. No way I'm going to turn away from it mid-show!

Much better than the FF7 Remake Final Trailer that spoiled everything. This trailer reused a lot of footage and while it gives away Clive's ultimate goal, it manages not to give away anything too important. I'm really curious to see who is behind everything. I doubt any of the dominants we've seen thus far are the real villains of the game.

Yea I didn't want to see this trailer. It gave me way to much info but I couldn't turn away.

Game Informer recently released a magazine cover with Joshua and Clive. People were wondering if there was going to be similar art with the rest of the dominants. Turns out that there are more. Here they are.

FxFA06waUAAVowp

Hugo is my personal favorite, here it is in a Japanese game store.

i3wysn7hn62b1.jpg

Game Informer recently released a magazine cover with Joshua and Clive. People were wondering if there was going to be similar art with the rest of the dominants. Turns out that there are more. Here they are.

FxFA06waUAAVowp

Hugo is my personal favorite, here it is in a Japanese game store.

i3wysn7hn62b1.jpg
I'm not into the character design. It looks way to medieval and not much fantasy. I've noticed ever since the Ivalice/ladies and knights setting became more prominent the characters appear to become more flat.

I'm not into the character design. It looks way to medieval and not much fantasy. I've noticed ever since the Ivalice/ladies and knights setting became more prominent the characters appear to become more flat.

That's actually why I like them. Nomura had a tendency to overdesign his characters with a billion belts on them. Sometimes it was just too much, these characters are more simple but their personality still shines through them.

Rufus was cool in the remake but his suit was absurd. Glad this game took a different route with its design. You can't tell me this doesn't look silly. Absurd amount of buttons and belts. Just remove most of them and its much improved.

614z7lbjHES._AC_SX679_.jpg

That's actually why I like them. Nomura had a tendency to overdesign his characters with a billion belts on them. Sometimes it was just too much, these characters are more simple but their personality still shines through them.

Rufus was cool in the remake but his suit was absurd. Glad this game took a different route with its design. You can't tell me this doesn't look silly. Absurd amount of buttons and belts. Just remove most of them and its much improved.

I have it on good authority that FF16 director Yoshi-P hates belts.

I think there's a lack of charm to him. Rufus looks ready to submit an application to Umbrella corp. The below design is goofy but a classic. FF7 made a memorable cast which consisted of an immortal dog, a plush toy and Mr T with a machine gun hand. The newer ones are too idealized. FF14 had an interesting theme but it basically comprised of a young handsome prince with prince problems.

Vivi_Ornitier_character.png

I think there's a lack of charm to him. Rufus looks ready to submit an application to Umbrella corp. The below design is goofy but a classic. FF7 made a memorable cast which consisted of an immortal dog, a plush toy and Mr T with a machine gun hand. The newer ones are too idealized. FF14 had an interesting theme but it basically comprised of a young handsome prince with prince problems.

Vivi_Ornitier_character.png

Your thinking of 15

After watching Fighting Cowboy play this I have to say this is the first time in years I'm actually hyped for a Final Fantasy game.

Back