Films you thought were overrated

Especially considering it was on the cusp of being great. The opening scene made me "fuck yeah!" and then the slow revelation this was going to suck boo!

I blame Damon Lindelof more than anyone, the guy writes shit cluttered and confused scripts.

All the stupid marvel / dc movies and their stupid damn CGI fuelled fight sequences and overdone prosthetics rubbish. It’s just overdone.

I struggle to believe that anyone will be putting any of these endless stupid superhero films at the top of any list in years to come, they’ll just fade into the background as a 10 year long fad. How many more are there? Black Panther, Green Lantern, the Pink Panther, the Blue Ball, Spiderman, Antman, Waspboy, Captain Woodlouse, Captain American, Colonel Canada, Wonderwomen, The Amazing Trans, the Revengers, Guardians of the Solar system with a stupid fucking raccoon and talking tree stump. Get me rentokill and god damn tree surgeon! Hope it comes to an end soon, good riddance!

Agreed....2.5 hour movie with four 30 minute motion sickness inducing fight scenes. How different ways can dudes throw each other through concrete walls? Legit need to take dramamine before watching them. Sucks cuz I think I could dig them they if they put a little more effort intol the stories vs. the paint by numbers fight scenes.

The departed is a remake of a much better movie called Infernal Affairs
That's one of the reasons it's overrated.
I saw the Internal affairs like a year or two before Departed.

When I was watching Departed I couldn't shake the "bad-indian-copy-of-hollywood" feeling. Only later I read somewhere that it actually WAS a remake. I felt pity for Marty. An oscar for a remake. The academy fucked him again. That time even worse. It was worse than lifetime achievement award. It was a mock fucking.

Ill go first. American Hustle. Now, while I think the plot is well designed, the performances are stellar and cinematically it is beautiful it just feels over stylized and pretentious. Maybe I am watching it wrong though. Maybe it's meant to just play in the background.
american-hustle-poster1.jpg

The entirety of MCU. All of it.

How is Clockwork Orange overrated? There's surely no such movie as this. The intro to Clockwork Orange in itself is probably the most beautiful piece of art ever made.
It is filmed well but for me it failed to deliver the phylosophical message. it was supposed to be a revelation of sorts but it was not. Maybe because I see all that shit on the daily basis in real life except for eye-fixators.

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace

TBH I hate most movies but these ones stand out as particularly overrated to me:

Signs - Aliens get killed by water. Come to planet that is 80% water. Never rains anywhere on the Earth while they are invading? Probably just breathing would cause them tremendous pain.
Inception - You can imagine anything in the world, so you imagine guns.
Paranormal Activity - You watch people sleep for an hour and a half. Nothing interesting happens until the last 15 seconds

Do people rate Signs and Paranormal Activity highly? Never heard anyone say those were great movies.

Inception was highly rated though.

End Game
Black Panther
LOTR trilogy
Inglorious Bastards
Scott Pilgrim

Avatar- decent action flick but loved almost universally because of phenomenal CGI( for its time) would not even be noticed today.
Avengers 1,2 more fanservice and just action than anything. Avengers 3 was really good i thought though.

Interstellar- good scenes, cinematography, set design and acting but pacing was bad and love saving the world was really stupid.

Inception. I didn't give a fuck about the characters or what happened to them. Looked cool though.

Avatar- decent action flick but loved almost universally because of phenomenal CGI( for its time) would not even be noticed today.
Avengers 1,2 more fanservice and just action than anything. Avengers 3 was really good i thought though.

Interstellar- good scenes, cinematography, set design and acting but pacing was bad and love saving the world was really stupid.

Every Marvel movie with the exception of Logan, which I actually think is a little underrated.
I'll throw in the Batman movies as well, including Dark Knight.

Good call on American Hustle.

I thought Revenant wasn't as good as they made it out to be. Same for Roma and The Shape of Water. All great movies, beautifully shot and I enjoyed them a lot, but they weren't as amazing as people said they were.

ending of Fight Club ruins the entire movie for me, it's patently absurd

Also Hurt Locker is not only ridiculous, but the most unbelievable movie ever

It makes NCIS: LA look realistic by comparison, and protip, NCIS DOES NOT INVESTIGATE CRIMES OFF BASE NOR GET INTO SHOOTOUTS, EVER

The most realistic war movie of the last twenty or so years is actually Jarhead

I know many love these movies, but I hated them.

1. The Fight Club
2. Pulp Fiction

Back