Films that are dumb, have lots of problems, but you like em anyways

OverCoronavirus Pressure

Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit.
Banned
Reaction score
For me Independence Day is like that. It's so fucking stupid. There are idiotic plot points, shit acting, heavyhanded, forced characterization, extraneous characters (did we really need the dancer gf and the first lady?), retarded dialogue.

But I still find it an enjoyable film despite all the flaws. The pacing is great, the action is good, and the build up to the (dumb) final act is fun.

The scene with the president asking the alien what they want humans to do

“Die”

Was actually spine tingling good.

But yeah stupid movie especially the destruction of the alien mothership

Any Given Sunday is like the Independence Day of Football/sports movies.

Bloodsport
-The tournament was made out to be like 120 people ( frank dux fought like 8 Times, in a elimination tournament)which was bullshit
- the same tournament was made up
- the main character was a fraud
- the worst chase scene from the police ever
All in all, it’s still pretty fun to watch

Oh and “the replacements”
Flawed as hell, but damn it’s fun

The scene with the president asking the alien what they want humans to do

“Die”

Was actually spine tingling good.

But yeah stupid movie especially the destruction of the alien mothership
I recall sitting in the theater, and the problems kept taking me out of the movie. It was well shot, but I was almost ready to look for boom mic intrusions. The script was a bit dependent on plot conveniences.

Still.

Bloodsport
-The tournament was made out to be like 120 people ( frank dux fought like 8 Times, in a elimination tournament)which was bullshit
- the same tournament was made up
- the main character was a fraud
- the worst chase scene from the police ever
All in all, it’s still pretty fun to watch
Wasn't that the first role ... the dude with the lazy eye. What's his name Amin guy

ETA Forrest Whittagump

For me Independence Day is like that. It's so fucking stupid. There are idiotic plot points, shit acting, heavyhanded, forced characterization, extraneous characters (did we really need the dancer gf and the first lady?), retarded dialogue.

But I still find it an enjoyable film despite all the flaws. The pacing is great, the action is good, and the build up to the (dumb) final act is fun.
Originally like Independence Day, back when I saw it at the theater. Didn't care for it years later, owing to its nonsensical and lazy ass plot logic development.

Worse than the Gone in 60 Seconds car jump scene, IMO

Been looping The Ninth Gate lately.

Didn't really care for it the first go round, as I was expecting something scary, but now I just love it for the entertainment/cheesiness factor.

Vertical Limit is another one I need to revisit. That also fits the bill.

Roadhouse comes to mind

Pulp Fiction
Philadelphia
Predator
Schindler's List
Boondock Saints
A Time to Kill

Originally like Independence Day, back when I saw it at the theater. Didn't care for it years later, owing to its nonsensical and lazy ass plot logic development.
Theme of the thread. ID rides that line for me. I like the material I don't hate.

Harry Connick Jr disappeared

Randy Quaid is fucking annoying and needs to die. His son in that film is a whiny little bitch.

Dune. Massively flawed, but one of my absolute favourites.

Pee Wee’s big adventure.

Like.. if you were looking for your bike and gonna take a fortune teller’s word that it’s in the basement of the Alamo... who wouldn’t just call the Alamo to have someone check it out? Or at least call and see if the Alamo even had a fucking basement!?!?!?

So motherfuckin frustrating. And Large Marge.. WTF was she even about?!?

Back