Films that are dumb, have lots of problems, but you like em anyways

Pee Wee’s big adventure.

Like.. if you were looking for your bike and gonna take a fortune teller’s word that it’s in the basement of the Alamo... who wouldn’t just call the Alamo to have someone check it out? Or at least call and see if the Alamo even had a fucking basement!?!?!?

So motherfuckin frustrating. And Large Marge.. WTF was she even about?!?
On the whole, there was no believability to any of the characters. I never bought Rubens as a strange, childlike adult. You can't just transition from an Oscar winning performance to an action drama like PWBA

I saw it in the theater.
And as a fan of both the novels and David Lynch, I sat there in utter disappointment.
I was 13 or 14 when I saw it, didn’t know the book, or who David Lynch was. My stepfather is a big film buff, and sat me down and told me it was one time we could break the ‘no talking during the film’ rule so I could ask him questions if it got too weird...

I was probably the right sort of age to accept the silliness of it, if I had any previous knowledge of the book I’m sure it would have been a different experience. Funnily enough I’ve never really been able to get into the books despite several attempts.

Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Both Final Fantasy movies.
Godzilla 1998
Star Wars Ep1&2
Daredevil

Last edited:
Theme of the thread. ID rides that line for me. I like the material I don't hate.

Harry Connick Jr disappeared

Randy Quaid is fucking annoying and needs to die. His son in that film is a whiny little bitch.
Hated the scientist character , due to his physical appearance of unkempt hair, glasses and hikes up pants, which is such an overused cliched Hollywood trope.

Hates the utter nonsensical reasoning of how they introduced the computer virus.

Hates how Will Smith's character has to be loud and bombastic, just cliched Hollywood meme of the loud over dramatic Black guy.

For recent movies, Battleship. Awful movie, but for some reason it's still a good popcorn movie when I need something to pass the time and not think at all.

For older movies, Black Hole. Holy hell that movie is bad bad bad. But it's so awful its great.

I liked ''Inglorious Bastards'' despite the movie being inconsistent and even idiotic at times. It might the only Tarantino's movie I have ever liked, actually.

For recent movies, Battleship. Awful movie, but for some reason it's still a good popcorn movie when I need something to pass the time and not think at all.

For older movies, Black Hole. Holy hell that movie is bad bad bad. But it's so awful its great.
Fun fact, The Black Hole was Disney’s attempt to ride the Star Wars wave and rip off Star Wars.

They were so bitter about the events that happened afterwards they bought Star Wars and hired Rian Johnson to ruin it.

The Dark Crystal

Critters

First Blood

Blade trinity

And most of the ones mentioned already.

Pretty much any ‘action’ film ever made that I like. I’m blanking atm in picking out the ‘dumbest’ one tho.

I admit I quite liked the Independence Day sequel, it makes even less sense than the original but gives much of its time to the funnier characters from it(the most jewish action blockbuster ever made?) rather than the bland young heroes as well as having some good action.

Pacific Rim and the sequel.

Both soooooo dumb, especially the second one. But I thoroughly enjoyed both.

Pacific Rim and the sequel.

Both soooooo dumb, especially the second one. But I thoroughly enjoyed both.

The first yes the second hell no.

You've got to love the plot point in the original of the robot being immune to the EMP because its "analog, nuclear". <45>

788809__62559.1350054514.380.500.jpg

The video game was great too.

Back