Figuring out MAX

I think the general rule of thumb is that your 3RM is about 90% of your 1RM.

e.g: If your true 3RM bench is 225 you probably can lift 245-250 as a 1RM.

People vary of course so the best way is simply to get a spotter and actually find your 1RM.

I would just suggest getting in and see what you can do.

This applies to me, everytime I've ever tried, but a friend told me if you bench, for example 220lbs 3 times, you should generally be able to do 240 1 time. Meaning, every rep over 1, is 10 lbs. That might not work for you, but it has worked every time for me.

Yeah! WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THAT ANYWAYS?!

Honestly? Aside from the insane drug binge that put me way off my mark it's this:

I bought into people telling me I was a genetic mutant (which isn't entirely untrue) but instead of really taking advantage of it, I used it as an excuse to be lazy in regards to the frequency of my training.

Honestly? Aside from the insane drug binge that put me way off my mark it's this:

I bought into people telling me I was a genetic mutant (which isn't entirely untrue) but instead of really taking advantage of it, I used it as an excuse to be lazy in regards to the frequency of my training.

Cursed Mutants... back to my normal person work out. *Sigh*

Cursed Mutants... back to my normal person work out. *Sigh*

Look at Mark Henry, even Kaz said that could have been the strongest human being the world has ever seen, and he fucking threw it away.

My big mistake was getting away from my coach, who secretly believes I'm a world class lifter, and is totally unimpressed with anything I do since it's far, far short of WR's. Her attitude is just, "what can you show me next?".

you need to stop beinging on coke and start binging on tren.

I can do 4 or 5 reps of 200lb, but I can't do any reps of 210.
I can't find a weight that I can only do 1 rep of.

Edit: yeah that's reps of benchpresses, which is basically the same weight I do everything else at.

I can do 4 or 5 reps of 200lb, but I can't do any reps of 210.
I can't find a weight that I can only do 1 rep of.

Edit: yeah that's reps of benchpresses, which is basically the same weight I do everything else at.

That's because your hands are too soft.

Would it be best just to do 1 rep and keep moving up in weight till you cant anymore? Or should you do a weight for 3-5 reps then move up to find your max?

No, you should do 1 rep and keep moving up in weight :)

Sorry for the dumb question, I'm a noob when it comes to weights and I'm glad i decided to start looking in S&P

Back