Fights where you felt bad for the loser

Felt bad for Perosh against Bader. In front of an Aussie crowd, Perosh was handled and mauled for 15 minutes. He was battered and he must have felt humiliated.

it was uncomfortable to watch after a while.

Almost every BJ Penn loss. Towards the end, I felt sorry for him as he walked to the cage.

I felt pretty bad for Felder after his last fight.

I felt bad for Cain in the Francis fight. Just seeing him in real time realize he was shot and then watching his body quit on him. That stunk.

Cowboy getting embarrassed vs Conor was sad, until Cowboy and his grandma came in to remind everybody that he doesn't give a shit about losing and he's just there to fight until he can't anymore.

Obviously DC vs Jones.

Nog vs Roy Nelson
Shogun vs Smith
Lil Nog vs Rumble
Rumble vs Burns 1

Romero vs Whittaker 2

Even though it was a non-title fight, I still wish Romero won the fight and I believe he really did to some extent. If he lost decisively or fought a boring fight, I would not feel bad for him, but the fight was so exciting and so close.

Jones/Shogun
Lawler/Woodley

1 that always stuck was Bigfoot/Mike Pyle because the size difference was crazy,Pyle rocked him twice iirc but Bigfoot returned the favour and ended up gnp Pyle until he got the KO.

Jones/Shogun
Rampage/Wand II
Aldo/Conor
I felt bad for Matt Hughes,when he came to the end of his career,cos he seemed to be in such disbelief. You just know he took those losses hard.

Theres def more that come to mind.

Joe Stevenson vs BJ Penn

He got dropped like 10 seconds in, and Joe was not the greatest fighter. Mostly a wrestler, you could tell he didn't belong in there with Penn at all. He still fought, didn't quit.

7c933a516339239e925585b56f1bb662

Pretty rough photo of a man completely dominated
Came in here to say this. Just brutal.

Most of the time I do. Felt the worst for shogun when Chael choked him out.

Askren against Masvidal. Sure, he probably deserved it but seeing him stiffened up for minutes plus the 2 extra punches, I definitely felt for the man.

Ellenberger always looks so sad after he loses. He was going so well in his career and then suffered some nasty KO’s. Hope he is going ok.

Back