Fights where you felt bad for the loser

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What are some fights where you felt bad for the loser? Here’s some that hit me in the feels.

Jones vs. DC II

Felt bad for DC. I know he gets a lot of hate around here, but it was hard not to feel for him in that post fight interview. Tough to see a guy come to the realization that he’s not the best and his biggest rival bested him for the second time in devastating fashion. Be a tough pill to swallow.

Aldo vs. McGregor

Aldo was tormented for almost a year before this fight. McGregor pushed his buttons unrelentingly and when he finally got his chance at revenge, he lost in quick, devastating fashion losing his title and snapping an 18 fight win streak to probably the one guy he really didn’t want to lose to.

Most of them

Idk if I felt bad for him or if I just felt bad, but I felt particularly bad after each of the first four losses in BJ's current streak. After that I became numb to it.

I felt bad for my all time favorite, the Natural Born Killer, when he lost what was imo a bad decision against Robbie.

CNjxQQ6OVShKVic1hpMvS55Mt5LLHStFbOKCbmyDXss.jpg

Overeem vs Rosentruik.

He was seconds away from winning that fight, and one shot ended it.

I felt sorry for CM Punk and sorry for anyone who had to watch.

I wanted Connie to lose, but Khabib EMASCULATED that Irishman so bad even his fans felt bad for him.

915EDD27-CEF2-4E82-8961-87D98CA13A80.jpeg

Andy Anderson against Jon Hess, because Anderson was donating all his proceeds and fight earnings too a school for the blind, and Jon Hess basically blinded him in the fight, how ironic! gauged his eyes out and damaged them badly.

Aldo when he lost to Conor, especially after seeing how devasted he looked in that backstage video.

I always feel a little bad for the loser save for a few exceptions (e.g., seeing Colby running off after his loss to Usman was awesome).

I feel bad for every clean fighter that lost to a fighter who was cheating to the point he had a clear " strength" advantage and won because of it. It's the equivalent of fighting someone in the next weight class but you're not aware or prepared for it.

Andy Anderson against Jon Hess, because Anderson was donating all his proceeds and fight earnings too a school for the blind, and Jon Hess basically blinded him in the fight, how ironic! gauged his eyes out and damaged them badly.

While that cause is noble, don’t feel too bad for Anderson.

“Anderson was a member of the Aryan Brotherhood and would go on to receive 30 years in prison as the leader of a meth manufacturing and distribution business.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/fighter/2409/andy-anderson

I remember that fight . Hess went on to be Vitor’s first fight. Vitor went through him in 12 seconds. I didn’t feel good for anybody fighting Vitor back then either.

Rashad vs Machida
Gray Maynard vs Frankie both 2 and 3
Vitor vs Tito
Matt Hughes vs Steroid Alves

Silva vs Weidman 2
JDS vs Cain 3, the one the crowd booed JDS.. Pinacle of feeling bad for the loser.

I remember that fight . Hess went on to be Vitor’s first fight. Vitor went through him in 12 seconds. I didn’t feel good for anybody fighting Vitor back then either.
haha yup I remember that, and do you remember back in the early sherdog days Jon Hess came on sherdog asking for a rematch and saying Vitor is on roids, and that he will smash the shit out of him in a rematch lol. I remember it so well, a lost memory to many.

That dangerous SAFTA striking, deemed too dangerous for the octagon lol

Chuck Liddell's last bunch of fights but I think the one that concerned me the most was Liddell vs Franklin

What are some fights where you felt bad for the loser? Here’s some that hit me in the feels.

Jones vs. DC II

Felt bad for DC. I know he gets a lot of hate around here, but it was hard not to feel for him in that post fight interview. Tough to see a guy come to the realization that he’s not the best and his biggest rival bested him for the second time in devastating fashion. Be a tough pill to swallow.

Aldo vs. McGregor

Aldo was tormented for almost a year before this fight. McGregor pushed his buttons unrelentingly and when he finally got his chance at revenge, he lost in quick, devastating fashion losing his title and snapping an 18 fight win streak to probably the one guy he really didn’t want to lose to.
Aldo shouldnt have spoken Conors name out of tune

Back