Fights/fighters where you suspect loaded gloves

You sure they were loaded? I thought they were just unfilled.

In 2007, Resto made a tearful apology to Collins-Nile for his role in the scheme. He also admitted that his hand wraps had been soaked in plaster of Paris before the fight. This caused them to harden into plaster casts like those used to set broken bones. The hand wraps were never confiscated and did not figure into the official investigation of the tampering incident. However, the combined effect of the plaster casts and unpadded gloves meant that Resto was effectively striking Collins with rocks.[5] At a 2008 press conference, Resto not only admitted to knowing that Lewis had tampered with the gloves, but had done so at least twice before.[6] The 1983 incident and subsequent aftermath is covered in the 2008 HBO documentary Assault in the Ring.[7]

Antonio "Manos de Plaster" Margarito's entire fucking career. Look at what he did to Lujans ear. Damn near came clean off. Never seen anything like it.
[yt]

Last edited:
Antonio "Manos de Plaster" Margarito's entire fucking career. Look at what he did to Lujans ear. Damn near came clean off. Never seen anything like it.
[yt]

That's my thing. If Margs loaded his gloves, ppl just give Cotto a pass for assuming that was his only opponent he did that for. I would expect he'd done it before and wouldn't just start doing it for the Cotto/Mosley fights. That doesn't make sense. Some ppl like myself think he started possibly after the Clottey fight if he did load them in prior fights.

I've seen that twice before once in a wmma fight believe it or not. Bitch's ear basically exploded. Jessica Eye and the chick who got her ear blown up was Leslie Smith. That'll happen with cauliflower ear, just filled with blood and shit. Gross. Here's a vid.

It also happened pretty recently with Liam Smith or somebody. They had to stop it and take him right to the hospital, his shit was hanging by a thread.

Edit: STEPHEN Smith. Knew it was one of the Smith bros.

This is disgusting so disclaimer.

Stephen-Smith-Ear.jpg

Don't be named Smith if you want an ear to stay on your head.

[yt]

Ohh boo the hoo hoo hoo. Tis merely a flesh wound

That's my thing. If Margs loaded his gloves, ppl just give Cotto a pass for assuming that was his only opponent he did that for. I would expect he'd done it before and wouldn't just start doing it for the Cotto/Mosley fights. That doesn't make sense. Some ppl like myself think he started possibly after the Clottey fight if he did load them in prior fights.

I've seen that twice before once in a wmma fight believe it or not. Bitch's ear basically exploded. Jessica Eye and the chick who got her ear blown up was Leslie Smith. That'll happen with cauliflower ear, just filled with blood and shit. Gross. Here's a vid.

It also happened pretty recently with Liam Smith or somebody. They had to stop it and take him right to the hospital, his shit was hanging by a thread.

Edit: STEPHEN Smith. Knew it was one of the Smith bros.

This is disgusting so disclaimer.
You seem to be taking the seano tact, find a possibility, credible but unlikely and hammer away until someone agrees. If you think Margarito was innocent, I wish I was selling you your health insurance.

Stephen-Smith-Ear.jpg

Don't be named Smith if you want an ear to stay on your head.

The injuries were wildly exaggerated...not really much to dispute there, It's pretty straightforward. He had a busted lip and bruised ribs and that's it.

It's boxing....you don't hit eachother with baseball bats, the insane extent of those injuries could not possibly be brought on by gloved mitts... Dempsey was a little light heavyweight and Willard was the size of David Price...it's not like Dempsey's little ass would fuck him up that bad realistically. Dempsey is the size of a modern middleweight, he isn't out there fucking guys up like that
I don’t know. You could definitely loose teeth when you get hit by a big puncher with out wearing a mouth guard. Half of the teeth? Probably not.

@cocksure Idk what you did w/ the quote but I'll just at you instead.

If he is guilty (which I already mentioned is more likely than not, which you left out but whatever)
then who else do you give a pass to? Just Cotto? Why just Cotto? When did he start doing this shit? Nobody gives Kermit fucking Cintron a pass on this shit. I don't want to put words in his mouth but a guy like Sinister knows what he's talking about and I remember him saying he thought the allegations were overblown.

If he used those pads in his gloves then I'd expect Cotto wasn't the first guy he used them on. Nothing to do w/ Seano I don't know why you're comparing us, but this has nothing to do w/ him and I'm asking a legitimate question here that digs deeper than Margs just cheating against Cotto. Nobody will answer the question, including you. It's weird b/c there's no agenda to the question, I'm honestly just curious what the consensus on this is.

You should know me better than thinking it matters if anyone else agrees w/ me or not. I don't care if anyone agrees with me or not I just want to know what other ppl think of the when/why he started loading his gloves, b/c if he did then I doubt it just started with the Cotto fight. There would be other victims. Cotto being the only one now that makes no sense.

Last edited:
I watched Assault in the Ring last night. Part of me feels bad for Luis Resto. Panama Lewis and his big time cocaine dealing buddies had a lot of money bet on him that night...if he would’ve refused to fight he’d probably have ended up dead in a ditch somewhere. But the way he strung along that reporter and was initially acting like he had no idea of any wrongdoing was kind of scummy as well.

Also kind of interesting that Billy Collins Jr. was actually cleared to fight afterwards and was offered fights by Bob Arum but his dad wouldn’t let him take them because of the number of lawsuits he had pending.

@cocksure Idk what you did w/ the quote but I'll just at you instead.

If he is guilty (which I already mentioned is more likely than not, which you left out but whatever)
then who else do you give a pass to? Just Cotto? Why just Cotto? When did he start doing this shit? Nobody gives Kermit fucking Cintron a pass on this shit. I don't want to put words in his mouth but a guy like Sinister knows what he's talking about and I remember him saying he thought the allegations were overblown.

If he used those pads in his gloves then I'd expect Cotto wasn't the first guy he used them on. Nothing to do w/ Seano I don't know why you're comparing us, but this has nothing to do w/ him and I'm asking a legitimate question here that digs deeper than Margs just cheating against Cotto. Nobody will answer the question, including you. It's weird b/c there's no agenda to the question, I'm honestly just curious what the consensus on this is.

You should know me better than thinking it matters if anyone else agrees w/ me or not. I don't care if anyone agrees with me or not I just want to know what other ppl think of the when/why he started loading his gloves, b/c if he did then I doubt it just started with the Cotto fight. There would be other victims. Cotto being the only one now that makes no sense.
You know I'm tongue in cheek half the time, I know you're balanced.
I remember as soon as I heard about (the blood stained!!!) plaster, I thought about Cintron. Guy was unbeaten I think, smash to bits twice, imagine?!!
To be honest, Margarito's whole career needs to be wiped, for such a heinous act.

You know I'm tongue in cheek half the time, I know you're balanced.
I remember as soon as I heard about (the blood stained!!!) plaster, I thought about Cintron. Guy was unbeaten I think, smash to bits twice, imagine?!!
To be honest, Margarito's whole career needs to be wiped, for such a heinous act.
Glad I came back to check out this thread again after a week or so. I have intended to watch the two Cintron fights, for awhile, yet an never recall them when I get the free time to watch a fight or two. Those moment generally result in 10ish mins, if not longer, of me sitting there unable to remember a damn thing, let alone fights I wanna watch! Thanks or the reminder, although even with it there's little guarantee Ill remember to watch these two fights. What I do remember is how any time Margarito's name comes up, whether in my head or elsewhere, I always think of a quote that is credited to Cintron, saying that it felt like he was being beaten with bags of rocks, that was the jist of the idea anyhow. again, thanks

I watched Assault in the Ring last night. Part of me feels bad for Luis Resto. Panama Lewis and his big time cocaine dealing buddies had a lot of money bet on him that night...if he would’ve refused to fight he’d probably have ended up dead in a ditch somewhere. But the way he strung along that reporter and was initially acting like he had no idea of any wrongdoing was kind of scummy as well.

Also kind of interesting that Billy Collins Jr. was actually cleared to fight afterwards and was offered fights by Bob Arum but his dad wouldn’t let him take them because of the number of lawsuits he had pending.
On billy collins wikipedia it said he suffered a torn iris and permanently blurred vision leaving him unable to box again. The heart billy showed in that fight going 10 rounds. He might of went far if he never fought luis resto.

On billy collins wikipedia it said he suffered a torn iris and permanently blurred vision leaving him unable to box again. The heart billy showed in that fight going 10 rounds. He might of went far if he never fought luis resto.

Just what was said on the HBO documentary. No clue if he was actually cleared again or not.

Margarito's career is rightfully discredited in most people's eyes.

I agree with Chavez. 85 kos with average speed and short arms. His opponents were swollen as fuck after a few punches.
Mexicans will cry out now.

I agree with Chavez. 85 kos with average speed and short arms. His opponents were swollen as fuck after a few punches.
We can all bandy around accusations but Margarito was caught red handed. Shane's first fight with Nazim too, that night could have been very different because Shane looked shot to bits vs Mayorga. Tony goes in without his cloak of invincibility and gets wrecked. Karma!

I think Resto is just so dumb that he would agree to basically anything anyone told him. If someone told him he had nuclear bombs in his gloves, he'd admit that too. He was guilty and he knew it, he just plays the part of the dumb sad sack so people will forgive him.

Marciano had short arms and average speed, what's ya point.

Back