Fighting in Public (or private)

And that's what pepper sprays are for. I actually think a firearm is an ineffective self defense weapon in many situations as perhaps is a knife because a user often will hesitate to use it in a conflict situation until it's too late for fear of being guilty of manslaughter or wrongful death or similar charges.

Que the pepperspray'd dude KO himself off the wall:

A firearm does make groups of potential attackers back off pretty quickly if you are willing to draw it with conviction.

Yea, this past year I almost assaulted the wedding photographer of a friend's wedding my girl and I went to.

He said some scandalous shit to her behind my back and when she told me I saw red....I had to go at least, say something or confront the guy...

My gf and her friends had to talk to me down...said I would ruin the wedding...

Normally, I employ @dontsnitch wisdom and just walk away...or remove myself from the situation...

But i don't know anymore...

I think @glennrod type of anger is appropriate sometimes...

Pics of gf plz

Same as dad did with me, will teach him how to fight and send him training fight sports (if is what he like).
He sent me train Judo when i was 6yo, then let me go to a kickboxing gym when i reached 13yo

Nothing extreme as path, and worked good

Will probably offer my son the same switching judo with mma style grappling and kickboxing with mma

At same time i need him to be street smart and law smart because i will not like see him stabbed or in jail

does this topic break across partisan lines? I don't value fighting or agro behavior, whether it's a random encounter or with, say, someone you work with.

I've never been in a fight. But I did train for about 4 years and I enjoyed boxing in parking lots when I was a kid, so I don't have some aversion to throwing hands. It was always a fun thing though never an outlet for aggression.

Maybe a more specific question will spur the conversation, how will you talk to your kids about fighting?

Do you mean like set piece battles like duels, fist fights? I dont prefer those. I like to ninja, and sneak up on people instead. That is if I had to, not that I have.

Just curious how old you guys are who have never been in a fight?

I was raised in a small town and had over a dozen fights before high school. I'm 35 and I would still whoop an ass if need be.

A firearm does make groups of potential attackers back off pretty quickly if you are willing to draw it with conviction.

Gun is indeed great for crowd control. You have 16 round clip with on in the chamber and I don't think there will be too many heroes to try and bumrush you.

But it better not be a little .22. You need 38 or 9mm ideally with hollow points.

Haven't been in a fight since high school. I'm not averse to it but it creates too many problems.

Some wannabe tough guy gets in your face over nothing and shoves you. You lay him out with one punch. Figures, he was just acting tough, could never really be it. But then you see his head smacked off the ground and split his skull open. Piece of shit dies. Now you're in jail for manslaughter.

If I'm going to kill someone, I want it to be over something a little more serious than a shove, or I'm gona make sure I can get away with it.

Gun is indeed great for crowd control. You have 16 round clip with on in the chamber and I don't think there will be too many heroes to try and bumrush you.

But it better not be a little .22. You need 38 or 9mm ideally with hollow points.
I carry a XD40 sub-compact w/180 grain hollow points. It will do the job.

Good round. Hope you never need to use it on someone.
Same here. I have had to brandish it once but thankfully the group decided against the strong arm robbery.

My son was just born today and what I will try to impart in him is the understanding that violent behaviour is terrible and he should never instigate, perpetrate or insight violence. He should always plan to avoid it, to avoid situations where it may arise, he should treat everyone with respect, and he should always be aware of his surroundings.

On top of that I want him to understand that not everyone feels that way all the time. because of that, even though he shouldn't perpetrate violence, he should learn to love it and harness it, hand to hand combat and beyond. Fighting can become a part of your life regardless of how you feel about it so might as well be good at it. Just having the skills that breed authentic confidence can make a lot of problems vanish.

My son was just born today and what I will try to impart in him is the understanding that violent behaviour is terrible and he should never instigate, perpetrate or insight violence. He should always plan to avoid it, to avoid situations where it may arise, he should treat everyone with respect, and he should always be aware of his surroundings.

On top of that I want him to understand that not everyone feels that way all the time. because of that, even though he shouldn't perpetrate violence, he should learn to love it and harness it, hand to hand combat and beyond. Fighting can become a part of your life regardless of how you feel about it so might as well be good at it. Just having the skills that breed authentic confidence can make a lot of problems vanish.
Congrats on the birth of your son! :)

I grew up with a bunch of dudes and it's what we did on Saturdays for fun. For physical altercations (i.e. streetfights) I'm very hesitant to get involved unless I have to. And if I have to, I'm not doing it to assert dominance or childish mammalian bullshit, I'm doing it to defend myself.

Also, I'm doubly hesitant because I carry a gun and I carry it with the hope of never having to use it.
This.

I got into fights when I was in school, just the usual schoolyard stuff, nothing serious.

Getting into fights as an adult is very dangerous, people can pull a knife or a gun on you. So I would only fight if I really needed to defend myself, with a gun if necessary(I don't carry a gun all the time as laws are different here but I have one).
As I'm not a bouncer nor do I work with costumers directly I don't really get into fights with drunk costumers or whatever.
I don't think I look menacing or extremely nice or anything but people are usually pretty polite with me.
I was into partying and clubbing when younger but not anymore, but even then I had at most some verbal conflict with drunk people. I don't really feel like starting a physical confrontation if somebody just call me names.

Fighting is fun when you are under the age of 18 assuming you don't take it too far and you fight people who have a degree of respect and won't try and ruin your life and theirs via trying to kill you.

After, 18 years of age fighting in the streets (illegally) is just not worth it. You risk, jail, prison, probation, fines, house arrest, a trip to the hospital and possibly death oh and a criminal record!! I've just heard and seen too many cases of people getting in fights in the streets as adults and it really negatively impacting their life especially when police get involved and there are charges.

With that said I have been in a few fights since I have become legally an adult but nothing too extreme.

And in the US I feel like fighting at a bar or club is just way too risky and not worth it.

The bouncers seem to always beat the asses of whoever is involved, and then police show up and make arrests. And from what I have seen cops, love getting called to break up street fights since it means they can legally beat peoples asses and then arrest them!!

The U.S. is just also too crazy, if you don't want to die then start a fight at a bar that college kids frequent and then at worst you will get sued instead of getting shanked or shot. That is before the police arrive and arrest the shooter or shanker.

same thing my Dad told me, don't go looking for fights, but if its gonna happen, dont hesitate. if someone looks like they might fight you, the instant they get in arms reach, go as hard as you can and dont stop until youve stopped the threat

when i was in kindergarten-elementary school, he told me that if someone picked on me, even verbally, to go full JUST BLEED on em, right away with no warning. i only had to do it thrice throughout elementary to completely eliminate bullying from my life. kids are so scared of getting in trouble, but in elementary school nothing really happens. no college is going to turn you down because you got suspended in 2nd grade. as long as your parents dont get mad, who cares

And in the US I feel like fighting at a bar or club is just way too risky and not worth it.

The bouncers seem to always beat the asses of whoever is involved, and then police show up and make arrests. And from what I have seen cops, love getting called to break up street fights since it means they can legally beat peoples asses and then arrest them!!

The U.S. is just also too crazy, if you don't want to die then start a fight at a bar that college kids frequent and then at worst you will get sued instead of getting shanked or shot. That is before the police arrive and arrest the shooter or shanker.

i have only been in very few street fights after the age of 21, mostly from drunk people trying to fight me. once defending a female friend from someone who kept trying to grope her

every single time, i just throw a low kick as hard as i possibly can. i trained muay thai for years. 99% of the population wouldnt reactively check a kick in any situation, even if they could react in time, nor are they conditioned to take them. every single time it ended the fight right away, and ive never gotten in trouble for it.

Sherdog: where the lower your weight the higher your P4P ranking, naturally.

ohD0ZSmMc7NC0.gif

Back