Fighting in Public (or private)

N

NewGuardBjj

does this topic break across partisan lines? I don't value fighting or agro behavior, whether it's a random encounter or with, say, someone you work with.

I've never been in a fight. But I did train for about 4 years and I enjoyed boxing in parking lots when I was a kid, so I don't have some aversion to throwing hands. It was always a fun thing though never an outlet for aggression.

Maybe a more specific question will spur the conversation, how will you talk to your kids about fighting?

Maybe a more specific question will spur the conversation, how will you talk to your kids about fighting?
the world isnt perfect. and there may come a time where a fight is inevitable. hit first hit hard and tell the truth.

when I was a store manager at a retail store a black guy sucker punched me in the parking lot because I told him he can't park in our reserved parking spots (which had big signs saying such). He was on his way to the church next door with his family. After he punched me unfortunantly I had to put him down in front of his wife and 5 year old daughter.

I don't believe in violence and I never use foul language but this dog fights back.

(i didn't press charges either because he had a little girl)

the first rule of fight club is: you don't talk about fight club

when I was a store manager at a retail store a black guy sucker punched me in the parking lot because I told him he can't park in our reserved parking spots (which had big signs saying such). He was on his way to the church next door with his family. After he punched me unfortunantly I had to put him down in front of his wife and 5 year old daughter.

I don't believe in violence and I never use foul language but this dog fights back.

(i didn't press charges either because he had a little girl)

I woulda just called the cops and got his info.

Because we are Sherdog members, we don't hesitate to fill the room with uppercuts.

I grew up with a bunch of dudes and it's what we did on Saturdays for fun. For physical altercations (i.e. streetfights) I'm very hesitant to get involved unless I have to. And if I have to, I'm not doing it to assert dominance or childish mammalian bullshit, I'm doing it to defend myself.

Also, I'm doubly hesitant because I carry a gun and I carry it with the hope of never having to use it.

Spaces should be occupied by uppercuts. My child will know this. As my father taught me and his father before him.

Because we are Sherdog members, we don't hesitate to fill the room with uppercuts.

my buddy said afterwards that I should have put the guy in a von flue choke or something weird just because we are sherdoggies and actually know what that is.

Shoulda went for the Twister.

my buddy said afterwards that I should have put the guy in a von flue choke or something weird just because we are sherdoggies and actually know what that is.

Shoulda went for the Twister.
you should try the stuffed pepper next time. just don't get a murder boner.

I would say that you should only fight with people who you know. Getting into fights with strangers is not a very good idea, because you don't know what they're carrying or what their mentality is towards fighting (whether they will go all the way or stay within "gentlemanly" limits). But if conflict is inevitable, then you should not seek to avoid it.

A man who is not prepared for conflict, is a man who is probably going to let something slide that he will later regret.

There are some people that simply don't care about your well being, I think we should all return the favor.

I avoid them at all costs. If you want to carry, you cannot go around getting into physical altercations over some small insignificant bs.

Honestly, there are a lot of rude inconsiderate and flat out obnoxious assholes roaming our streets and public places that require an occasional concussion to bring them back to societal norms.

If you have good fighting skills and KO power- no need to restrain yourself. If you can't fight, get a pepper spray and use it (also good if you want to hand an easy beating to someone or faced with multiple attackers).

Hell, I fought last night. Only good Elton John song: Saturday night's alright for fighting

My first wife used to throw shots at me, and eventually even replaced arguing with me about something with the expression "That's a punch."
I loved that about her, she had a good solid punch she'd plant on my shoulder. It was an endearing way of expressing her displeasure without having a lengthy argument about it. We'd be out somewhere, she'd pop me one, and she wasn't saving up an argument for later when we got home.

I miss that, oddly enough.

My first wife used to throw shots at me, and eventually even replaced arguing with me about something with the expression "That's a punch."
I loved that about her, she had a good solid punch she'd plant on my shoulder. It was an endearing way of expressing her displeasure without having a lengthy argument about it. We'd be out somewhere, she'd pop me one, and she wasn't saving up an argument for later when we got home.

I miss that, oddly enough.
My wife popped me in the jaw last night. Good times.

I avoid them at all costs. If you want to carry, you cannot go around getting into physical altercations over some small insignificant bs.

And that's what pepper sprays are for. I actually think a firearm is an ineffective self defense weapon in many situations as perhaps is a knife because a user often will hesitate to use it in a conflict situation until it's too late for fear of being guilty of manslaughter or wrongful death or similar charges.

Que the pepperspray'd dude KO himself off the wall:

Back