Fighters you'll be most sad to see retire?

If Condit doesn't bounce back well from his injury I'll be sad because he has been my favorite fighter since I was like 14 watching WEC on cable, and going out because of a knee injury isn't the way I want to see a good fighter end their career.

It would also suck if Cruz kept struggling with injuries and didn't make a comeback and retired.

But I'm not upset when anyone who has had a full career retires. I'm usually happy for fighters when they hang them up, especially fighters I like. If they don't want to fight, I'd rather not see them fight. If they do want to fight but get put out by injuries, that sucks. I've yet to see someone retire that I really wished would've kept fighting. I'd like to see GSP make a comeback but only if he feels that his heart is in it. Every retired fighter that I liked was good and ready to retire, IMO.

Melvin Manhoef, Mark Hunt, Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida, Dan Henderson, and Jose Aldo.

I was pretty depressed about Diaz retiring (both times lol). I was pretty depressed when Cro Cop retired (the first time) I'll be pretty depressed when Wanderlei retires and when Shogun retires. Worst part is I don't think either guy has more than a year or so left in his career.

already sad Nick is retired T_T

When Shogun goes it will a somber mood. Win or lose he could have been the GOAT of all time if those injuries didn't catch him.

Shogun, Okami, Maynard and Shields. Those are my dudes right thurr.

Last edited by a moderator:
There pretty much all gone Liddell Hughes couture I thought penn so obviously excited for that one

Shogun, The Dragon and the Spider

Used to miss Wand but then he did that whole run-from-the-gym thing...

Many of these guys will not retire if not after a 3-4 losing streak. By then you are gonna wish they retired already.

i don't know. didn't feel sad when couture retired not once, not twice, but 3 times.

Back